***The Official 2021 NFL Super Bowl LV Game Thread***

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

PFF graded the Chargers line 32nd of 32. Didn't affect Herbert all that much.

Mahomes having a bad SB because his line is out with injury doesn't absolve Darnold of sucking. He sucks on his own merits.

And this is only one game.  Every other game mahomes plays he looks like a hall of fame qb.  So basically to beat him you need an amazing pass rush and help from the refs.

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Yeah I agree with that.  But I also think it's impossible to get a great read on Darnold or any other young QB with the talent we surround them with.

No, it is not impossible. He’s missing guys - or not even throwing it - when they’re open & he’s staring right at them. I don’t see how upgrades in personnel help those situations. Maybe it makes it more likely the receiver comes down with one of his prayer heaves to nobody every now & then, like Marshall used to do for Fitzpatrick, but he’s been doing some bad QBing on the field even when his receives are open and even when he has adequate time for the play to develop, and when he’s had his full lineup on the field.

Could that change with upgrades? Yes. 

Can one make a judgment on him without doing so? Also yes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, it is not impossible. He’s missing guys - or not even throwing it - when they’re open & he’s staring right at them. I don’t see how upgrades in personnel help those situations. Maybe it makes it more likely the receiver comes down with one of his prayer heaves to nobody every now & then, like Marshall used to do for Fitzpatrick, but he’s been doing some bad QBing on the field even when his receives are open and even when he has adequate time for the play to develop, and when he’s had his full lineup on the field.

Could that change with upgrades? Yes. 

Can one make a judgment on him without doing so? Also yes. 

Darnold is a hesitant QB now and the real choice is do the Jets think that they can turn him back in another system, if not....Then they Must move on from Sam Darnold PERIOD!!!

Move on!

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Isn’t Paul Rudd ant-man and possibly the funniest avenger? Gfy

Don't get me wrong, I love Paul Rudd, but you just proved my point. They added him to the franchise for his comedic, every-man persona, not because he's some secret John Wick-esque badass.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Some of the comments about bowles are just bs.  He was a terrible coach here.  Hi scheme was bad and his  handling of the players was atrocious.

I didn’t like him, but it seems pretty ducking obvi that a better roster would have helped.

• Upvote 1