***The Official 2021 NFL Super Bowl LV Game Thread***

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Anyone who disagrees is simply a hater.  Brady is the GOAT.   

But he is a proven cheater and he is as much of a goat as bonds is the best HR hitter or lance armstrong is the best cyclist.

He and Bellichick and the pats cheated multiple times (only caught multiple times)

And for all his accomplishments he has gotten a phenomenal amount of luck over the years with other teams just folding and doing stupid things.

Even in the AFC title game he threw 3 picks, had a 4th flat put dropped and heaved up two 50/50 balls his wrs made great plays on.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, NYJ37/12 said:

For heavens sake, you can't make a general statement about someone being the greatest but then discount all the others decades 

That's the thing. I can. Tom Brady played when he played, and it's irrelevant what he would have done when he didn't play. Sour grapes never comes off as a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But he is a proven cheater and he is as much of a goat as bonds is the best HR hitter or lance armstrong is the best cyclist.

He and Bellichick and the pats cheated multiple times (only caught multiple times)

And for all his accomplishments he has gotten a phenomenal amount of luck over the years with other teams just folding and doing stupid things.

Even in the AFC title game he threw 3 picks, had a 4th flat put dropped and heaved up two 50/50 balls his wrs made great plays on.

complaining season 3 GIF

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Brady is 6'5 240

Montana was 190ish. 

I've met both Marino and Namath. Neither is 6'2, and neither was physically large. 

Stop it.

Tom Brady 6'4 225

With weights in his pants 

Dan Marino 6'4 225

Joe Namath 6'2 200 

Montana 6'2 205

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe it’s the physician academic purist in me but I can’t accept him as the goat with the cheating stuff. For real when the Patriots were beating us early on and there was no cheating stuff I used to actually respect them and just think well hats off to them. Then two scandals later and the league trying to cover for them I can’t really just go with it. JMHO. I can see where people might disagree with me. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Brady is 6'5 240

Montana was 190ish. 

I've met both Marino and Namath. Neither is 6'2, and neither was physically large. 

Stop it.

Wherever did you get those numbers from?

Brady is listed as 6'4" 225 lbs. 

Are those just his 'deflated' numbers?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Meh

The “deflate gate” crap is nonsense.

Brady could’ve been tossing around soap bubbles and still beaten the piss out of the Colts by 20+.

I don’t know how bad those first half calls really effected this game but Tampa flat out dominated in the second half. I think those o-line injuries in the end allowed the Bucs to get pressure without having to blitz. Mahomes never had any time. The Bucs were the better team today.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Maybe it’s the physician academic purist in me but I can’t accept him as the goat with the cheating stuff. For real when the Patriots were beating us early on and there was no cheating stuff I used to actually respect them and just think well hats off to them. Then two scandals later and the league trying to cover for them I can’t really just go with it. JMHO. I can see where people might disagree with me. 

Oh Come On Man!!!!!

We all saw what was on those TAPES!!!

Oh wait....

We didn't... :) 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

LOL Bill Russell has like 25 Championships LOL

I know.  Now the Brady stupidity syndrome has infected this board too?  

He's clearly established an incredible legacy.  But comparing him to other athletes in other sports is kind of pointless (and I'm being nice).

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Proven cheater how? Cause the air in his balls were a little bit lower? You think that’s what makes his the best of all time 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The product is great I own 2 Grand Cherokees and previously a Wrangler they all have been very reliable vehicles. 

At one time, we owned several Jeeps. Constant issues, trips to the dealership, arguments about warranties. Nothing but headaches. And again, every time I traded one in the MSRP jumped well above inflation. When they were part of Mercedes-Benz, quality was aces. It progressively got worse. Also, style wise they started trying to get away from being a  rugged SUV. Daughter in law bought a Jeep, and she's having the same terrible experience. First Jeep dealer I went to was one of their first dealers in NYC. Jeep squeezed him out rather than grasping his dealership's quality service was a huge asset. 

Now we have Subarus. Not as big, but way more reliable and reasonable. Significantly better gas mileage. On the rare occasion I go to the dealer, no issue, in and out, no argument.