IHMIR SMITH-MARSETTE- WR, IOWA

PepPep

I posted a thread about this guy before the Saleh hire but now that Mike LaFleur, is coming on board I think he will be an even better fit for the offense. Here's a snippet overview from The Draft Network. He's a knucklehead for the DWI and showboating but sometimes that's how you get a steal later on in the draft. He's got the size, speed, athleticism and hands for the NFL, it's clear. oes he have the route running ability and can he keep his head on straight? I dunno. But I think worth a gamble no? 

Iowa wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette can, for the right offense, be quite the steal in the 2021 NFL Draft. Smith-Marsette brings ample speed, return skills, and vertical receiving to the game, and his production at the University of Iowa isn’t necessarily the best indicator or how talented he actually is—especially given that his open targets were much too often left short or hung in the air long enough to draw defenders back into the play. Smith-Marsette brings a track background to the field and it shows. He’s a graceful runner with easy speed and is at his best when he’s charged with stacking defenders vertically. The Hawkeyes did manufacture some touches for Smith-Marsette courtesy of tunnel screens, double reverses, jet motions and touch passes. He was highly productive on a per-touch basis and, despite some of his limitations in functional strength and size, should find success in a vertical passing offense at the next level. It is worth noting that Smith-Marsette was arrested on Nov. 1, 2020 for speeding and operating a vehicle while intoxicated, plus saw his playing career come to an unceremonious end with a celebratory front flip on a touchdown that resulted in an ankle injury that shelved him for the rest of Iowa’s 2020 campaign. 

Most Versatile Playmaker in College Football | Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

• Upvote 1