The most important FA we can sign

hmhertz

32 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Thuney is by far my top dog in FA. I'd love Barrett but my guess is he gets franchise tagged and they'll let Godwin walk.

Thuney has also excelled at center. If we draft a center, who better than to have a player of his caliber and experience olaying next to him

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Thuney is by far my top dog in FA. I'd love Barrett but my guess is he gets franchise tagged and they'll let Godwin walk.

I thought I read somewhere that JD had Thuney as his priority #1 target last year, and that Thuney was on board. Then NE threw that last minute tag, which made JD pivot. 

I can’t imagine much has changed since then. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I thought I read somewhere that JD had Thuney as his priority #1 target last year, and that Thuney was on board. Then NE threw that last minute tag, which made JD pivot. 

I can’t imagine much has changed since then. 

Yea Thuney checked every box

- Healthy - Has never missed a start

- Smart - 3 penalties in the last 2 years

- Versatile - Can play every position across OL

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Although less durable throught his early career, Brandon Scherff would be a better scheme fit. Thuney could do it all as well but more regarded for being well rounded for his zone, gap blocking and durability. Where as Scherff is exceptional at zone blocking. So in regards to a predominantly zone blocking team like the Jets, Scherff should be more valuable. To a team like the Bengals, Thuney.

10 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

I want Allen Robinson more than Barrett ! In fact, Our offense is so bad I want any top FA offense player  before defense player. I want at least 4-5 players on offense before going with Barrett 

Allen Robinson would be nice, but if Watson isn't on the jets, I don't think he is coming here.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea! Thuney is my first choice too. I hope we can sign him. He is a definite need.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Although less durable throught his early career, Brandon Scherff would be a better scheme fit. Thuney could do it all as well but more regarded for being well rounded for his zone, gap blocking and durability. Where as Scherff is exceptional at zone blocking. So in regards to a predominantly zone blocking team like the Jets, Scherff should be more valuable. To a team like the Bengals, Thuney.

The other player we should keep an eye on is Kevin Zeitler the guard from the Giants. He's older but likely getting cut to save cap space. He's older at 31 but as a stop gap 2-3 years it may not be a bad option. I think Jets have an inside track as he wouldn't have to move.

• Upvote 2

IMO the jets need to get offensive skill players in free agency more than oline.  I think the oline suffered because they were never able to have a steady line up. Hopefully, getting reps as a unit in training camp will do wonders even if the same group starts.  As for skill players, the quickest way to get the offense straight is to get that no. 1 receiver in free agency.  The oline players can be gotten in the draft as well as skill player depth.