1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

What kind of fish is the norm for fish tacos usually? Is it fried cod? 

My guess would be that it’s regional. Since there are many good options, some places (like Texas) tend to lean towards using fish that are invasive and/or abundant in their region. I personally like mahi mahi but cod would work also. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baked Clams, Parmesan Wings, BBQ Ribs, Cold Antipasti, Penne Vodka, Pizza Patata, Macallan 15 and fresh cannoli’s. Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ready just in time!

Honey bbq wings, pulled pork and nachos.  Last year we had 25 people over for the game.  This year it’s just my wife and kids and that’s it. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@kelly  Are you one of those who brings their own Vodka in a water bottle. 

shhhhh !  😎.. i don't have to.  my boyfriend pays for my drinks   😇

31 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

There was a gay community there back then too.

I'm sure they didn't  have the foothold they have now. We have a saying in real estate. You want to know what neighborhood  is going to turn, follow the gays. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did I mention 

image.png.caced5c6815850d9915b7fd55e6cdc61.png

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wife just made fresh cucumber macaroni salad looks like that. YUMMY 

image.png.d2913701cb43b9c7081748c2ad820343.png

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Also Ghiradelli Brownies 

image.png.b70b6b26c13326f90187f4800a27d105.png

Sir these are all stock photos

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Lith said:

I would settle for snow and higher temps.  This is what I woke up to this AM.

May be an image of text that says '7:09 -15° Feels 33° Milwaukee maha Chicago Detroit Next Hour: No precipitation. NOW Clear -15° AM -12° AM Partly Cloudy PM Mostly Cloudy -6° PM Overcast -2° PM 0° 7PM 0° 9 PM -1° 11PM PM -3° 1AM 20'

Holy crap.  That friggin' crazy cold.   

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Escargot, Chili, Charcuterie and Chips....stay warm

Bergen County

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Dude, that assortment of food is spectacular.  I hope you have 10 loaves of French/Italian bread to sop up the escargot "sauce".  I can taste the garlic, parsley and white wine.   Well done, Dunnie.

1 hour ago, AlexVanDyke said:

And coors banquet 

You guys are so lucky.  Back in the 70s at college, someone needed to bring Coors back from the West.  It was a legendary brew back then.

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Going to Dad’s house to be with the family. He’s grilling some shrimp to start. Then grilling these gorgeous steaks (see below) and sautéing peppers and onions; those are going into quesadillas to be served with guacamole. For whatever reason coleslaw on the side too. I’m bringing a bottle of Champagne and Rioja and baklava for dessert. 

5E243013-1747-484A-BB7C-CE9FB0D6291C.jpeg

That meat stopped me in my tracks.  (Words all of us hope to hear.)  The marbling is insane.  Enjoy.

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

Smoking a brisket. Started at 3am. I'm still not high.

IMG_20210207_063439.jpg

I saw the snow forecast this week otherwise I would have smoked something today as well. I use the smokin-it electric smoker, its easy and nearly impossible to eff up.  anyway because of the snow Ill be frying up some buttermilk chicken in a couple of hours, will be delicious!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

My Mom was the champ at making dishes with "baccala".   Remember being a kid in the 60s walking past the dried up salt cod sitting in baskets in front of our Italian market.  Folks just getting a pungent whiff of the stuff would have no idea how it is transformed into a delicate, mild fish.  I can see my Mom soaking it for three days with the multiple changes of water.  

Thanks for bringing back the memory.  

Same with me, my famiglia comes from a paese that’s famous for it’s pesce stocco, but that’s another story for another day!

i also remember the line in the Sopranos where uncle June asks “do you know what bacala is? It’s salted cod. We taught the world how to eat!”

E19A1111-7A0D-4641-A997-737E9B8AB92C.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Same with me, my famiglia comes from a paese that’s famous for it’s pesce stocco, but that’s another story for another day!

i also remember the line in the Sopranos where uncle June asks “do you know what bacala is? It’s salted cod. We taught the world how to eat!”

E19A1111-7A0D-4641-A997-737E9B8AB92C.jpeg

lol  Totally remember the Uncle Jun' line.  He's so right.   As you know, crazy thing about baccala is that if you rehydrate it properly, you actually need to add salt during the cooking process.

Where's you family from?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

LIAR Where the hell did you get the money for the real life sex doll and the sirloin steak. 

Tell the truth 

@T0mShane

image.png.b09cb8cb5317478b9e7831a7042a2c05.png

image.png.2b691c251996f5e6a9d0401d062b3293.png

Are you really going to keep bickering until I bench you for the Superbowl. First Brooklyn now Shane, it’s ok to ignore people, it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm on a fooking low carb diet and the wifey won't eat any meats other than turkey or chicken..  no idea whats on the menu other than disappointment with a side of fuk this.

Have you tried the Trader Joe's brown rice pasta?   I was on a food trial for several months and that solved my pasta craving.  Sounds weird, but with tomato sauce and Parmigiano it is surprisingly true to the taste of regular pasta.  

Also, you can do some pretty awesome turkey meatballs to go with the pasta.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Are you really going to keep bickering until I bench you for the Superbowk. First Brooklyn now Shan, it’s ok to ignore people, it is. 

Only replying to @T0mShane busting my balls that's all.  

It won't happen again. 

image.thumb.png.e0a12ba2ce467f7af531eab35f9cfab6.png

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Only replying to @T0mShane busting my balls that's all.  

It won't happen again. 

Warming up my very real fondue fountain as we speak. My hot wife’s coterie of lesbian handlers loves it

B04D18B1-9CB4-4C85-9FD3-1EBA0FD14CD1.png

• Haha 3