What's on the Menu?

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

My Mom was the champ at making dishes with "baccala".   Remember being a kid in the 60s walking past the dried up salt cod sitting in baskets in front of our Italian market.  Folks just getting a pungent whiff of the stuff would have no idea how it is transformed into a delicate, mild fish.  I can see my Mom soaking it for three days with the multiple changes of water.  

Thanks for bringing back the memory.  

Greeks (my mom) do the same thing. Usually batter fried after soaking. Yum.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Back in college, I knew folks from Buffalo who would punch anyone in the face who dipped wings in blue cheese dressing.  They were beyond Frank's/butter purists.  lol   These guys were insane.

I believe that blue cheese was for the celery that the ladies ate back in the day. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

When the Jets finally make a SuperBowl again, will your menus shrink? Grow?  

If the Jets make it to a SB again, depending on the age of my kids, I'll probably watch completely alone and have to have brunch because ain't no way I could eat during the game 

For decades (sadly) my wife and I have had the same philosophy.  We will watch with NO ONE who will talk, get up to do whatever during that fantasy of a game.  Will be a dark, soundproof room with only the TV for light and sound.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Emeril Lagasse's brand. Got it at Bed Bad and Beyond. It has about 15 different functions and the wings are crisp. We're you putting them in the fry basket?

We have the toaster oven same here bed bath and beyond my wife said air fryer option I never knew. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm with you on subbing Turkey instead of beef. I even started making turkey meatloaf. 

I make mini turkey meatloafs, and smoke them. They simply take the hickory better than the ground beef. They’re amazing.

meatloaf doesn’t have to be either/or. Do both, different ways...