Seahawks fielding offers for Russell Wilson?

Matt39

I don't have a feel for why, but RW has never been a popular figure on the team or (to a lesser extent) in Seattle overall.  That feeds the rumors.

Their cap issues are big so that also fuels the Wilson rumors.

As to the "can't win with Wilson" talk, just shows the Jets don't have a monopoly on crazy fans.

Finally, we are in the media "silly season".  It's the media equivalent of "bad pr is better than no pr".  Egos must be stoked.  Rappaport has a deadline, and this is how he figured to meet it.  In the fight for clicks, truth is a collateral damage casualty.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

By the way, what does it say that so many teams are at least listening to offers about all these QBs?

Something is changing in the NFL and might be more than just the Salary Cap contraction this year.

i think what it says is the teams are finally figuring out that having so much salary cap invested in one player is foolish.  wilson, watson, and possibly mahommes all fit the bill.  the chiefs are on top right now but what about next season or the one after?  it's going to be interesting to see what happens to that team.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because of my bloodlust hatred of Jamal Adams, I get a lot of Seattle articles in my newsfeeds, and I can’t believe how many of them revolve around “Is Russell Wilson done?” “Can the Seahawks win with Russell?” It’s truly mind-blowing

I don't know whats more delicious, Jamal not getting his contract and playing for another team next season or him getting the extension and Wilson gets traded and Seattle decides to rebuild from the ground up and they are a bigger loser than we were. So many good choices.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

It's an easy media-driven narrative considering how poorly Wilson played during the second half of the season, outside of the game against the Jets, of course. I don't know if he's done but he was horrible from Week 10 onward. It was a struggle to throw for 200 yards.

If Seattle could get a huge haul for Russell they should go for it. They'll never win another Super Bowl with him after gutting their future for a Safety. 

12 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

It's an easy media-driven narrative considering how poorly Wilson played during the second half of the season, outside of the game against the Jets, of course. I don't know if he's done but he was horrible from Week 10 onward. It was a struggle to throw for 200 yards.

4x7ui0.jpg

Seriously.  They could be a top-10, maybe top-5 pick if they somehow end up with Geno as their starting QB.

• Haha 3

On 2/7/2021 at 1:51 PM, jetstream23 said:

By the way, what does it say that so many teams are at least listening to offers about all these QBs?

Something is changing in the NFL and might be more than just the Salary Cap contraction this year.

it doesnt say theyre listening.  just teams have called

• Upvote 1

When Seattle was great they had a tough as nails young aggressive D and the ran the ball down people's throats.  Wilson was really good but  it was a hard scrabble team and the 12th man.  Now the team is Wilson, he's not particularly likable and he seems to wear down during the playoffs when he's asked to carry the load.  I could see where a lot of Seattle fans would like to get back to tough team instead of a cult of personality.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

When Seattle was great they had a tough as nails young aggressive D and the ran the ball down people's throats.  Wilson was really good but  it was a hard scrabble team and the 12th man.  Now the team is Wilson, he's not particularly likable and he seems to wear down during the playoffs when he's asked to carry the load.  I could see where a lot of Seattle fans would like to get back to tough team instead of a cult of personality.  

Honestly, if salary cap weren't an issue, Wilson to the Saints would be a perfect transition from Brees.  But the numbers make that impossible.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is frustrated with the team’s inability to construct a solid offensive line, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com (on Twitter) hears. The eight-time Pro Bowler has been sacked nearly 400 times across nine seasons, making Wilson’s camp nervous about his health, longevity, and potential to win moving forward in Seattle. 

Teams are feeling each other out for information. Other teams are testing whether Seattle is open to a trade which might suggest they are open to trading Wilson or that they have cap concerns that might put other players up for trade. Seattle is taking the calls to see who might not love their QB and see what they might put on the block to trade. That can help them make decisions on player/draft trades down the line. You can't take any of this to really mean anything, especially when factoring in that some of this might be leaking out intentionally or completely made up. 

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just more of some of the same. But where there is smoke....

If Seahawks ever moved on from Wilson we would be in great shape for next years draft. 

He's not going anywhere but he's just pissed the OL protection has been so poor that he's now gotta send out these hints. Seattle can't ignore it now.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, rangerous said:

i think what it says is the teams are finally figuring out that having so much salary cap invested in one player is foolish.  wilson, watson, and possibly mahommes all fit the bill.  the chiefs are on top right now but what about next season or the one after?  it's going to be interesting to see what happens to that team.

Completely agree.  The Rams sent 2 firsts and a third to Detroit as incentive to eat the contract.

So, for those who are in the GO GET A QB camp, here is an accounting of the Ram's Jared Goff experience.

The Rams got and got rid of Jared Goff and they also got a 4th round pick.

The Rams gave up:  4 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and 3 third round picks.

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2021 at 6:14 PM, pointman said:

I don't know whats more delicious, Jamal not getting his contract and playing for another team next season or him getting the extension and Wilson gets traded and Seattle decides to rebuild from the ground up and they are a bigger loser than we were. So many good choices.

VurtbF8E8xBWVVUwn6lahRLep9ThjC4yZCu67Dwa

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not gonna lie....pretty weird responses right there. 

I cannot imagine he gets dealt this offseason - which is a bummer b/c their pick next year would become insanely valuable. However, a beautiful concession prize would be the Seahawks extending Jamal Adams next offseason before trading Russel Wilson a few months later and the Seahawks becoming bad on offense and cellar dwellers in the NFC West. 

13 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I cannot imagine he gets dealt this offseason - which is a bummer b/c their pick next year would become insanely valuable. However, a beautiful concession prize would be the Seahawks extending Jamal Adams next offseason before trading Russel Wilson a few months later and the Seahawks becoming bad on offense and cellar dwellers in the NFC West. 

Aside from the pick getting better, just the fact that he leaves Jamal all alone would be worth it all.

• Upvote 2

On 2/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, T0mShane said:

Because of my bloodlust hatred of Jamal Adams, I get a lot of Seattle articles in my newsfeeds, and I can’t believe how many of them revolve around “Is Russell Wilson done?” “Can the Seahawks win with Russell?” It’s truly mind-blowing

"Jamal Adams ruined Russell Wilson"

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He's not going anywhere but he's just pissed the OL protection has been so poor that he's now gotta send out these hints. Seattle can't ignore it now.

Crappy OL and the Seahawks can’t even remedy the situation with draft picks because of the Adams trade