Jump to content

Marcus Maye Instagram Post


Recommended Posts

He is about to be 28 and has a injury history.  Never played this good.

He is the ideal Franchise candidate while we draft and groom his backup. Im also totally fine letting him walk. He might be 30 when we are good. 

Def a reminder you dont let players get to FA. Bc its just a mess that ends in overpaying or losing good players. You dont go into next season with Sam only having 1 yr left on his deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barton said:

15 mill for a guy who has like 2-3 turnovers a year? Cmon. Solid player but we can let him walk.

I doubt that’s the real number

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billyg said:

Maybe our new DC wants to bring Keanu Neal with him from atlanta?

Keanu Neal, S, Falcons. Age: 26.  star.gifstar.gifstar.gif

Yes, or perhaps Coach Saleh will be bringing Jaquiski Tartt with him.  Either one makes sense to me as bringing in someone who's more of a strong safety would allow Ashtyn Davis to slip into the free safety role that Maye has been occupying.  Davis playing a lot of SS this year wasn't as good of a fit for him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This post feels weirdly like a goodbye. Rumors have Maye likely signing a contract worth almost $15 million a year. I’d like to see him come back but that price is steep.

33230CBB-F269-4C65-A820-582E82F30323.thumb.png.08c9c386946fb61e00518788983b7ca3.png

15 million? Who is saying that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF prediction on Maye ...

PFF Prediction: Jets sign Maye for four years, $60M ($15M APY): $28.5M total guaranteed, $20M fully guaranteed at signing.

* * *

I like the other Marcus from the cash strapped New Orleans unrestricted free agent safety , three years younger than Maye... but apparently may command similar money...

PFF Prediction: Jaguars sign Marcus Williams for four years, $57M ($14.25M APY): $30M total guaranteed, $18.5M fully guaranteed at signing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maxman said:

15 million? Who is saying that?

PFF had him valued around there. The UStadium guy was on a podcast and mentioned that Marcus Maye is in high demand and his contract is going to be higher than Jets fans expect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kdels62 said:

PFF had him valued around there. The UStadium guy was on a podcast and mentioned that Marcus Maye is in high demand and his contract is going to be higher than Jets fans expect.

JD should have extended him during the season.  Ugh 

 

The problem with getting cute with caponomics is us losing Maye makes our secondary very, very bad possibly worst in the league by far


this is going to be as bad as low balling Robby and ending up with Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios as Sam’s starting WRs

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kdels62 said:

PFF had him valued around there. The UStadium guy was on a podcast and mentioned that Marcus Maye is in high demand and his contract is going to be higher than Jets fans expect.

They can just franchise him for $10.5M.

If someone then wants to give him $15M a year, I'll happily take the two 1st round picks from the signing team.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

JD should have extended him during the season.  Ugh 

 

The problem with getting cute with caponomics is us losing Maye makes our secondary very, very bad possibly worst in the league by far


this is going to be as bad as low balling Robby and ending up with Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios as Sam’s starting WRs

I mean as others have mentioned they can franchise him. It would be good optics if the Jets brought him back at a premium. We have cap space we can’t even use so why not extend the team captain that is well respected and is considered one of the best at his position.

That being said there are a lot of FA safeties this year so hopefully there’s less overpaying going on than people are projecting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

They can just franchise him for $10.5M.

If someone then wants to give him $15M a year, I'll happily take the two 1st round picks from the signing team.

It's a funny thing about that rule.  It's one of the rare cases where it greatly favors the better teams over the worse teams.  I'm surprised the league hasn't acknowledged that and discussed options for leveling that out a bit.

But yes, I would take even TB's picks if they wanted Maye that badly.  And I like Maye and hope we keep him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Too bad we can’t trade him!

Can't they franchise him and then trade him?  Maye is a good safety but he's not worth 15M.  And he's a FS which is the position Davis plays.  JD may cut ties with him. Would love to get John Johnson from the Rams and pair him with Ashtyn Davis.      

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, kdels62 said:

I mean as others have mentioned they can franchise him. It would be good optics if the Jets brought him back at a premium. We have cap space we can’t even use so why not extend the team captain that is well respected and is considered one of the best at his position.

That being said there are a lot of FA safeties this year so hopefully there’s less overpaying going on than people are projecting.

We need to resign Maye AND get another safety

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, Wonderboy said:

Can't they franchise him and then trade him?  Maye is a good safety but he's not worth 15M.  And he's a FS which is the position Davis plays.  JD may cut ties with him. Would love to get John Johnson from the Rams and pair him with Ashtyn Davis.      

Davis was horrendous last year.  He was just a rookie I get it but he showed zero

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...