It has to be Asked did Bill Bellichick hold back Tom Brady??????

Look I really really dislike the Pats and yes Tom Brady in the sporting sense.......

And I don't care what happened tonight ...

However, we have to pause and ask:

Did Bellichick actually hold up TB from being an even greater winning QB!!

Did he?

The answer for me is yes.. And it makes me sick!

I think it is scary thing to consider, but I actually believe TB would have been even MORE successful without Bellichick on a good team and that is a really frightening thought!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look I really really dislike the Pats and yes Tom Brady in the sporting sense.......

Did he?

I think it is scary thing to consider, but I actually believe TB would have been even MORE successful without Bellichick on a good team and that is a really frightening thought!

They won 6 together, how many more you wanted them to win lol

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Did he?

Brady SB record with Bellichick is 6 wins and 3 losses. All 3 losses were to underdogs. How about the 6 wins? The largest margin of victory? 10 points in the 13-3 win over the Rams. The other 5 wins were by 6, 4, 3, 3 and 3.

Brady SB record without Bellichick is 1 win and 0 losses with the one win by a margin of 22 points as an underdog.

So, I do think a case can be made that Billichick underachieved with Brady. And perhaps, just perhaps, Brady wanted out of New England because Bellichick's conservative offensive game plans were limiting him.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Belicheck didn’t hold back Brady. They made the super bowl 9 times together but what this win does make a little more clear is that Brady probably made belicheck greater than he may be viewed as. With that being said, most of your HOF coaches had HOF QB’s.

This...last night proved that Belichick rode Brady's coattails. He was unsuccessful with Cleveland and aside from a fluke year with Cassel, has not been special without tom brady.  Belichick watched in horror last night.  This i truly believe.

• Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, usanyj said:

This...last night proved that Belichick rode Brady's coattails. He was unsuccessful with Cleveland and aside from a fluke year with Cassel, has not been special without tom brady.  Belichick watched in horror last night.  This i truly believe.

Truly proved nothing other than other organizations other than those headed by Belichick, than the Pats, can win a SB.  

Hard to find a SB winning team that doesnt have a really good QB leading the way

Well it is looking to me like  Brady is not human and is the greatest QB of all time.  His vision is incredible and he still zips the ball at 43 years old.  The man is in top physical condition.  He made BB.  Without Brady, he is just an average coach who likes to bend the rules.  This game should open up BB's girlfriends eyes.  Lol.  She may leave him.  

Bill-Belichick-and-Linda-Holliday-3.png

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Brady SB record with Bellichick is 6 wins and 3 losses. All 3 losses were to underdogs. How about the 6 wins? The largest margin of victory? 10 points in the 13-3 win over the Rams. The other 5 wins were by 6, 4, 3, 3 and 3.

Brady SB record without Bellichick is 1 win and 0 losses with the one win by a margin of 22 points as an underdog.

So, I do think a case can be made that Billichick underachieved with Brady. And perhaps, just perhaps, Brady wanted out of New England because Bellichick's conservative offensive game plans were limiting him.

The conservative plans that led him to setting the single season passing Touchdown Record?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The win against the Rams was all defense.  The Pats D intimidated a completely stacked O and they changed the rules to help out the O after that win.  That actually made Brady more valuable going forward.  Cary on.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Truly proved nothing other than other organizations other than those headed by Belichick, than the Pats, can win a SB.  

Hard to find a SB winning team that doesnt have a really good QB leading the way

The one HC that stands out is the Tuna. In the first win over the Bronco's Phil Simms had 21 td's and 22 picks and 55% completions in the season. In the 2nd win over the Bills Hostetler was his Bowl QB..

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The one HC that stands out is the Tuna. In the first win over the Bronco's Phil Simms had 21 td's and 22 picks and 55% completions in the season. In the 2nd win over the Bills Hostetler was his Bowl QB..

And the one play he anointed Leon Johnson as our QB we didn't make the playoffs.  

Tuna got his start as HC with LT drafted by George Young in Tuna's first year as HC.  LT played in the era before the QB was protected and was arguably as valuable as any QB in the league at the time.  Parcells disregard for the QB position in the modern game held him back.  

38 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The win against the Rams was all defense.  The Pats D intimidated a completely stacked O and they changed the rules to help out the O after that win.  That actually made Brady more valuable going forward.  Cary on.  

It was all D until the D blew a 14 point fourth quarter lead becoming the first defense ever to blow a double digit forth quarter lead in a super bowl.  They don't even make the playoffs if Brady isn't the QB.

They changed the rules after the 03 postseason when the Colts whined to the league.

Belichick probably doesn't survive 2001 if Brady doesn't have to play.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

It was all D until the D blew a 14 point fourth quarter lead becoming the first defense ever to blow a double digit forth quarter lead in a super bowl.  They don't even make the playoffs if Brady isn't the QB.

They changed the rules after the 03 postseason when the Colts whined to the league.

I think Charlie has a point when it comes to W/R's outside of the few years with Randy Moss and Gronk Brady did well with no name's to throw to..

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yup 3 playoff games and the opposition scored 13, 17 and 17.  The Rams at the time averaged over 30 per game and had a completely stacked O.  It was all Brady's 145 passing yards and 1 TD.   

32 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Joe Gibbs.

To my knowledge the only coach to win with 3 different QBs. 

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Did he?

He would have been amazing on the 85 Bears.  

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont know CB, they went to 9 SBs and won 6.  Considering no one is close to those numbers and just about every other playoff related record I dont see it.  

Yep and they did it during a time when only a couple of teams went to the show more than once.  You can give Brady all the credit you want but it still takes a team to get to the show and win.  Holding Brady back?  If not having top flight receivers is the only proof then there’s some logic but the bellichicken also brought in really good tes like front or Watson or running backs that could catch as well as run. And they’ve always had a good slot guy whether it be brown or welker or Edelman.  Basically the team did evolve to take advantage of Brady’s talent.

• Upvote 1