Wentz trade "imminent"?

Dcat

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I mean if Sam is so highly regarded around the league like some are trying desperately to convince us, wouldn’t it be ideal for the  Bears and Colts to wait for the Jets? 

Why would they wait to trade for someone who won’t be traded? Everyone knows that Darnold is starting for the Jets next year. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m for trading for Wentz but only at a reasonable price which would be a 2nd rd pick

unfortunately the Rams destroyed the market

Not really, they traded a first round pick for stafford and traded another first round pick to get Goff of their books. Kind of like what the browns/Texans did with Osweiler however many years back. If they didn’t take Goff, they wouldn’t have gotten the other first rounder.

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Why would they wait to trade for someone who won’t be traded? Everyone knows that Darnold is starting for the Jets next year. 

This is just plain foolish....there is ZERO evidence to even mildy suggest that he will be back...they DO NOT WANT Sammy boy to start here next year. The only way he is even on the team after the draft is if the offers they get are too low to trade him now and they wait it out until the trade deadline or an injury occurs.

There is a 5 yr plan and sammy boy is NOT a part of it. Neither of these guys are putting their career in the hands of the worst qb in the nfl. He wasnt their fug up to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see this as "imminent". Feels like there's more of a standoff going on, and Philly is leaking it to drum up interest. But nobody's buying it.

Eagles don't have that much leverage. Wentz wants out, plus he has a massive contract and the Eagles are so far over the cap. There's a chance they might get jerked over if they trade Wentz

13 hours ago, King P said:

I don't see this as "imminent". Feels like there's more of a standoff going on, and Philly is leaking it to drum up interest. But nobody's buying it.

Eagles don't have that much leverage. Wentz wants out, plus he has a massive contract and the Eagles are so far over the cap. There's a chance they might get jerked over if they trade Wentz

By todays standards Wentz does not have a massive Contract he's on average about 5 mil per year lower than Watson which is exactly where he should be. Soon QB's at the same talent level will be getting 40 mil + . If The Texans want ridiculous amounts of money for Watson in the neighborhood of 4 firsts I would gladly give up 2 firsts for Wentz and use the other picks to surround him with skill players he's never had other than one season the same season he threw 33 td's in 13 games and was on course to be in the MVP or at at least be in the conversation. How Quickly people forget.

Keep in mind Joe Douglas was in the same building with the guy so he knows about his character better than anyone and I trust his judgement on whether we should pass or make an offer.

His cap number across those final three years would be $31.3, $34.3, and $32 million.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:11 PM, nycdan said:

Guinness is fine, but after I tried SSOS, Guinness is pretty much dead to me.

Let me know what you think.

I went bought one bottle (1 Pint 2.7 oz) instead of the 4 pack of 12 Oz bottles, just to be sure I liked it. It was absolutely delicious ? and I have a nice buzz right now as I say thank you for the suggestion. I'm definitely buying the 4 pack of this next time I'm at my local Wegmans grocery store. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, nycdan said:

It would be fun to see Sam end up on the Raiders as the carousel winds down only to see Raideraholic come in and tell us how awesome he is going to be throwing to all their fast WRs.  Then the universe would probably ensure that it turns out to be true because...Jets.

All Sam would be the new Marcus Mariota , who holds the clip board for Derek Carr.( Sam has no shot of beating him out) .   Why would the Raiders want to down grade the Qb positiin

On 2/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, Beerfish said:

These teams are insane.  Wentz has some very good success two years or more ago.

He gets hurt and was awful last year.

I would have no issue with these teams looking into getting him but not at a 'high price'

I don’t disagree, but the surrounding cast around a QB in Philadelphia in 2020 was worse than being a QB on the Jets. 

At least he’s shown he can be effective in a good situation, so I suppose there’s that. Don’t know that he’s necessarily a SB QB, but he’s not so old nor at a position where a guy loses it & gets old so early. He’s a 28 year-old QB not a 30 year-old CB. Not that he seems to be the most cerebral of QBs either, though.

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I went bought one bottle (1 Pint 2.7 oz) instead of the 4 pack of 12 Oz bottles, just to be sure I liked it. It was absolutely delicious ? and I have a nice buzz right now as I say thank you for the suggestion. I'm definitely buying the 4 pack of this next time I'm at my local Wegmans grocery store. 

Glad you enjoyed it!  It really changed the Stout game for me.  

• Upvote 1