Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Why don't the Jets trade a 4th rounder for this guy? He can play. Plus, he has the stache.

 

Only one true stash from NY Mike Gartner 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're down to plan C of Darnold + Non QB picks, we will need to get someone to compete with Sam. So yes assuming that specific scenario happens it makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

If we need a bridge QB for a year I'll happily take Mariota. Hes still only 27. I think he got a really bad shake and kind of needed a year on the bench. 

I agree  only problem is Marcus Mariota is not a free agent would need to trade for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure why Jax would trade Minshew. He gives them a young experienced backup that could come in and start if needed. He’s also on a cheap contract.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joejet said:

I’m not sure why Jax would trade Minshew. He gives them a young experienced backup that could come in and start if needed. He’s also on a cheap contract.

He is better than a backup. He could start for 5 teams off the top of my head(Jets/WFT/Carolina/NE/SF)

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Why don't the Jets trade a 4th rounder for this guy? He can play. Plus, he has the stache.

 

Jacksonville should keep him and give us their 1st pick for the # 2 and Seattles 1st.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Minshew's rookie year is better than any version of Darnold, yet people have no issue with him being QB1 next year.



That’s because he is much more talented then Minshew and no one has really seen Darnold with a complete team and competent coaching around him. Minshew celling is like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Darnolds 3 years were like Mahomes in the Super Bowl last night.
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree  only problem is Marcus Mariota is not a free agent would need to trade for him. 

Quote

According to The Athletic, the Raiders' "preference" is to trade Marcus Mariota rather than Derek Carr.

Mariota is linked to the Patriots in the piece composed by a handful of NFL insiders at The Athletic. Some are thinking Mariota can be the sort of reclamation project Ryan Tannehill was in Tennessee when he ended up taking Mariota's job. Mariota played in one game for the Raiders this past season after Carr was injured early in the first quarter of Week 15 against the Chargers. Mariota was electric in the 30-27 loss, going 17-of-28 for 226 yards and a 1:1 TD:INT mark to go with 88 rushing yards and a second touchdown as a runner. Mariota's biggest problem in the NFL has been his complete inability to stay healthy. It's why the Raiders would prefer to trade him over a reliable Carr.

Imagining a 4th rounder or so. He still has that 4.4 speed. Maybe just needed a fresh start like everyone says Darnold needs?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He is better than a backup. He could start for 5 teams off the top of my head(Jets/WFT/Carolina/NE/SF)

In your original post you said send a 4th rounder to Jax for him. Why would Jax trade a starter for a 4th?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Jacksonville should keep him and give us their 1st pick for the # 2 and Seattles 1st.

That’s an interesting thought. Everyone seems to have resigned themselves into thinking Jax wants and will pick Lawrence with the no. 1 pick.  I gotta think they’re having similar discussions and might prefer additional first tier picks to Lawrence. Stranger things have happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He is better than a backup. He could start for 5 teams off the top of my head(Jets/WFT/Carolina/NE/SF)

You would start Minshew over Darnold?

Over Bridgewater?

Over Garoppolo?

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 7:27 PM, Shockwave said:

If we need a bridge QB for a year I'll happily take Mariota. Hes still only 27. I think he got a really bad shake and kind of needed a year on the bench. 

That would be a bridge to nowhere.

With the Jets still having Sam Darnold, potentially having a chance to trade for Deshaun Watson, and sitting on the #2 overall draft pick the time to place a bet on a quarterback for the next several years is now.

I’m not sure that punting the decision till next year would put them in any better position to find a future franchise quarterback than they are now. If they want a bridge then stick with Darnold for one more year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That would be a bridge to nowhere.

With the Jets still having Sam Darnold, potentially having a chance to trade for Deshaun Watson, and sitting on the #2 overall draft pick the time to place a bet on a quarterback for the next several years is now.

I’m not sure that punting the decision till next year would put them in any better position to find a future franchise quarterback than they are now. If they want a bridge then stick with Darnold for one more year.

Bridge meaning to a rookie QB (Wilson, fields or Lance)

Sometimes rookie QB's are not ready to start right away For ex: Tua/Fitz last year or Tyrod/Herbert etc

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 9:42 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Trade Darnold and draft QB with the #2 overall .  Sign vet qb who has similar skill set to rookies

^^^^ Most likely outcome 

edit: especially considering they were even thinking stafford 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...