Jersey shore towns

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

My hope is the city is still alive with Broadway, night life, great bars and restaraunts. But I don't see how people are going to commute into the city when so many companies are going fully virtual. There is just no need to give away 3-4 hours of your life on mass transit each day. Pointless.

So to your point, the city already looks very different. What it will be in 3 years I have no clue.

You wouldn't go wrong with either but if I could pick Spring Lake would probably be my first choice. Amazing town.

Where are all these virtual jobs everyone talks about.  I see very few.  

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

My hope is the city is still alive with Broadway, night life, great bars and restaraunts. But I don't see how people are going to commute into the city when so many companies are going fully virtual. There is just no need to give away 3-4 hours of your life on mass transit each day. Pointless.

So to your point, the city already looks very different. What it will be in 3 years I have no clue.

You wouldn't go wrong with either but if I could pick Spring Lake would probably be my first choice. Amazing town.

You have the added benefit of not running into SAR. 

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2021 at 12:49 AM, Maxman said:

It seemed so normal back then... from 84 to 95 I commuted to Manhattan almost 2 hours EACH WAY from central Long Island. For the last 20 years I have lived 2 miles from my office. I am so spoiled.  90 Percent of the country would NEVER commute more than 40 minutes each way.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It seemed so normal back then... from 84 to 95 I commuted to Manhattan almost 2 hours EACH WAY from central Long Island. For the last 20 years I have lived 2 miles from my office. I am so spoiled.  90 Percent of the country would NEVER commute more than 40 minutes each way.

Thought Long Island train commutes were not that bad. Ouch.