Are we still saying Becton was better then Wirfs

kevinc855

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not anyone being fair isn't.

Always so sour ?

battlefield 1 time GIF

Side note I'm enjoying Becton and still like his ceiling .... So I'm not complaining.

OP trying to find a gripe in taking one of the top 2 oline in the draft at 11..... Unecessary exercise in finding something to ***** about.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's what transformed the team. Had Brady been behind Jameis' line they probably don't make the playoffs.

There's no complaints with Becton but Wirfs is exceptional. For all those who play down the importance of right tackle look no further than his impact.

This is the most absurd statement I have ever read. You really believe Wirfs was more transformative than Brady?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

You can't have the conversation and say LT or RT aside as that is a huge consideration. 

It really, really isn't.

We seen elite pass rushers move to the other side all the time. This absolute nonsense that gets regurgitated time after time is just ridiculous, as if somehow the right side is just innately easier to play or that there's lesser opposition. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Irish Jet said:

It really, really isn't.

We seen elite pass rushers move to the other side all the time. This absolute nonsense that gets regurgitated time after time is just ridiculous, as if somehow the right side is just innately easier to play or that there's lesser opposition. 

It absolutely is, there is a reason it's called the "blind side". 

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

This is the most absurd statement I have ever read. You really believe Wirfs was more transformative than Brady?

As transformative absolutely. Brady's essentially useless if constantly pressured, a statue. The Bucs realised this and ensured he had the time he needs. Wirfs was elite from day one and done the job. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's what transformed the team. Had Brady been behind Jameis' line they probably don't make the playoffs.

There's no complaints with Becton but Wirfs is exceptional. For all those who play down the importance of right tackle look no further than his impact.

This is nonsense. Their line in 2019 was actually ranked 7th by PFF after the season. Adding Wirfs absolutely helped but you're way overstating his impact as the line was already in good shape. 

Brady coming is what pushed them over the edge. 

• Upvote 2

They’re both really good so it’s tough to argue who’d you rather have. I’m happy with Becton and would probably take him again over Wirfs if the draft was tomorrow. Now if we ended up with Andrew Thomas over Becton or Wirfs? Then it’d be a legitimate problem 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would bet my bottom dollar if there was a league wide expansion draft, where all teams rosters were wiped clean and redrafted (like a fantasy draft) Becton would go ahead of Wirfs 10 times out of 10.

And I love Wirfs.  

I’d bet the other way.

• Upvote 3