Adam Schefter: Jets Seem "Inclined To Move On" From Darnold

1 hour ago, football guy said:

From a pure skill perspective I think many talent evaluators would agree with you. What Zach shows on tape is rare deep ball instincts, which Sam hasn't displayed. I think there's a misconception that Zach has a crazy strong arm, but I don't think that's the case. Athletically speaking I think Sam is more gifted, but Zach clearly wins in the deep ball department. 

Feels like the biggest deterrent to Sam being good is that he’s a beta surfer dude who doesn’t have the appropriate level of aggression or confidence to be the leader of a team. If you’re going to be a mush, you have to at least be cocky. Sam is neither. It sort of makes all the talk about his talent level irrelevant. You have to have the personality, too. Kind of the reverse Jeff George.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Feels like the biggest deterrent to Sam being good is that he’s a beta surfer dude who doesn’t have the appropriate level of aggression or confidence to be the leader of a team. If you’re going to be a mush, you have to at least be cocky. Sam is neither. It sort of makes all the talk about his talent level irrelevant. You have to have the personality, too. Kind of the reverse Jeff George.

That's definitely up to interpretation. I think the 'relaxed' plays well in NY and keeps you out of media trouble; especially as a quarterback.

Eli did well (with the media) because he was aloof. 

I definitely think the 'boogie boarder' insult is great though, and should continue to be levied. 

• Haha 1