Jump to content

Adam Schefter: Jets Seem "Inclined To Move On" From Darnold


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I check out girls in yoga pants all the time, doesn’t mean I’m leaving my lady. Just comparing butts. 

I have not posted much in a decade. Posted a nice amount before that on JI which was a similar place to this. There was a draft forum on that site which had much of the intellectual conversations foot

He's offering an opinion based on his observations.  Not everything these guys say is an exclusive scoop.  Sometimes they just think out loud.  I think he's right.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

You gotta love the mental gymnastics that happens here though. Weeks ago when Schefter said he’d be surprised is Sam isn’t the QB next season, majority of the people here were screaming this was a fact. Now it’s pure speculation when he says the opposite? 

I suppose it depends on if one equates a vocal minority of a side with an entire group. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Drums said:

I’m just hoping something you said is wrong so I can get my hopes up again about Watson haha

Lol yea. It was funny to see @Lith be like - uhh you’re gonna get the Sherman thing wrong - then a few days later “Gruden tampering with Sherman” haha 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jets haven't made a decision one way or another. "Nothing has changed" is what I was told yesterday, and the Jets haven't shopped him. They've received calls, as they have since last trade deadline. It seems that the underlying premise of Schefter's position is because they haven't ruled out trading him he must be available, and if he's available that increases the odds of him getting traded, but that has been the case since day 1. Coupled with how hot the market has gotten (I don't think the Jets realistically thought they could get a 1st round pick for him if they were to make him available), Schefter seems to believe a trade is more likely than it appeared a month ago. Otherwise everything else sounds correct: they're evaluating their options, giving the coaches time to scout and evaluate on their own, then will come to a consensus on how they want to proceed. If they have a high grade on Wilson and a team offers something like their 1st for Darnold and our 4th/5th, I don't see how they can turn that down (although this is my opinion; I've been told nothing of the sort). 

Anyway, this article does a good job of summarizing the QB market overall. Here's a look at how it relates to Darnold: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/09/nfl-offseason-roster-questions-deshaun-watson/

 

 

I would add Washington. There are teams that I don't think the Jets would trade to (i.e. New England) that showed interest at some point. 

I get why fans look at Darnold as damaged goods, but it amazes me how so many fans think the guy is absolute trash because of the lack of production and how he's looked the past 3 years... I had expectations too, but to think that the youngest starting QB in NFL history, playing on one of the worst rosters NFL in history, with one of the worst coaching staffs in NFL history, would enter his 3rd year and play well in-spite of an offseason discombobulated by a pandemic and countless injuries is abandoning logic. If he doesn't succeed I'm sure there will be plenty of fans who would shout "I told you so" (confirmation bias built upon a faulty assumption). However, I don't see that happening... I'm more interested in tracking the revisionist historians when he does turn out to be a good QB. 

He actually had a really good stretch of play the last 8 games of 2019.

It was felt to be evidence that his career was trending up.

Seems like everybody had forgotten or ignored the good.

If we can get a sure thing like Watson without mortgaging the future, I’d do it.   To me, that’s our pick at 2 plus a first rder next year plus Sam.  If that’s not an option, I trade down from 2 and take Pitts, then a WR and O lineman.  If Harris is still around in rd 2 I’d love to see him in Green.   That plus signing a few upper tier free agents would make this team tough.   If Sam can’t deliver with a better roster, then I’d get our QB next year, armed with 3 number 1 picks, and a stronger team to support the rookie QB.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol yea. It was funny to see @Lith be like - uhh you’re gonna get the Sherman thing wrong - then a few days later “Gruden tampering with Sherman” haha 

Still think we end up with Sherman next season. 

At least I am not hedging on my opinion.  Darnold could be traded but if he is on the roster to open up the league year in March, Mrs P is correct.  C'mon man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

You're not going to go shopping for a house if you're happy where you're living. Why go through such a hassle? You only conduct due diligence when you want to make a change. And the fact that the Jets are "house hunting" shows that they don't have confidence in Darnold. Why the hell would Douglas want to start off the tenure of Robert Saleh with a QB the team has serious doubts about? The answer is, they wouldn't. 

I am happy in my current home....but if someone rang the doorbell offering me 20% above market, in cash, AND I heard rumors that one of the best houses in the neighborhood may be coming up for sale due to a pending divorce, you better believe that I am making a phone call to my real estate agent to get all the details on what is going on. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, football guy said:

Insecurity is an illness 

You have the nerve... 

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You 😢 about @oatmeal even when he isn’t mentioning you. And I’m the insecure 1? rightttttttt 👍

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still think we end up with Sherman next season. 

At least I am not hedging on my opinion.  Darnold could be traded but if he is on the roster to open up the league year in March, Mrs P is correct.  C'mon man.

Islanders Suck..... 

forest gump GIF by Pixel Bandits

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still think we end up with Sherman next season. 

At least I am not hedging on my opinion.  Darnold could be traded but if he is on the roster to open up the league year in March, Mrs P is correct.  C'mon man.

Lol I realized after the fact! I’ve been more specific since then

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

The equivocation among these idiot reporters is amusing to say the least.  

We should enjoy watching/listening to these NFL reporters run around like Keystone Kops.  It's nothing more than a bunch of subjective, baseless predictions and they change their minds for no reason.  If JD wakes up on the left side of the bed, he'll trade Darnold... if he wakes up on the right side, Darnold will be the guy.

What if he has a round bed?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You have the nerve... 

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You 😢 about @oatmeal even when he isn’t mentioning you. And I’m the insecure 1? rightttttttt 👍

 

 

Insecure and disturbed, not sure. The excessive emoji usage has been throwing me off 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dcat said:

everything on this show is staged.  The decision to sell/renovate have been made in advance. It's still a good show.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.

You stop this.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AFJF said:

He's offering an opinion based on his observations.  Not everything these guys say is an exclusive scoop.  Sometimes they just think out loud.  I think he's right.

Agree, this means no more than when he said they may keep him. I don’t know why this is so hard for half the people on this site to understand. Jd is doing all the analysis he should be doing, what can he get for Darnold, what can he get for the number 2 pick, is Watson an option, what will it take, results of interviews with Wilson and Fields, etc.? Once he has the full picture, he can make the decision!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Jets history.  Can someone tell me who this Darnold guy is?

..our starting qb this season   😎

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riggy001 said:

Agree, this means no more than when he said they may keep him. I don’t know why this is so hard for half the people on this site to understand. Jd is doing all the analysis he should be doing, what can he get for Darnold, what can he get for the number 2 pick, is Watson an option, what will it take, results of interviews with Wilson and Fields, etc.? Once he has the full picture, he can make the decision!!

Exactly. He’s doing his job.  Not being emotional, like most people here. Darnold is a real possibility, but so are the other options.  Let’s see where we are in a few weeks.  If Sam was a definite goner, probably would’ve happened already.  Washington seems to really want him. Nobody knows

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Exactly. He’s doing his job.  Not being emotional, like most people here. Darnold is a real possibility, but so are the other options.  Let’s see where we are in a few weeks.  If Sam was a definite goner, probably would’ve happened already.  Washington seems to really want him. Nobody knows

Once wentz moves, lets say to chicago, then next step, is wash, indy, pats and sf... i don’t think the merry go round is near over..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No irony here at all.  Nope.

The only irony is that I've had to resort to acting insecurely because I have a bunch of unstable message board users in denial who take it upon their selves to accuse me of being a phony, who seek to stigmatize my reputation because what I say doesn't fit within their agenda, despite me having already offered up my sources and even my own identity. All I came here to do is talk Jets and share the info I get for discussion purposes. Instead, all it's done is incite doubt upon a group of low-lives in denial who conjure up criticisms from their mother's basement (so to speak) out of a misguided sense of jealousy.  

Most of the people on here would never say what they write because they're a bunch of pussies. I'm happy to disclose my identity (already have), and I can assure you - what I write and what I say is one of the same. Excuse me for defending my reputation. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, football guy said:

The only irony is that I've had to resort to acting insecurely because I have a bunch of unstable message board users in denial who take it upon their selves to accuse me of being a phony, who seek to stigmatize my reputation because what I say doesn't fit within their agenda, despite me having already offered up my sources and even my own identity. All I came here to do is talk Jets and share the info I get for discussion purposes. Instead, all it's done is incite doubt upon a group of low-lives in denial who conjure up criticisms from their mother's basement (so to speak) out of a misguided sense of jealousy.  

Most of the people on here would never say what they write because they're a bunch of pussies. I'm happy to disclose my identity (already have), and I can assure you - what I write and what I say is one of the same. Excuse me for defending my reputation. 

I don't know man, you seem to get angry often.

Everyone here are Jet fans.  We all want what we think is best for the team - have passionate opinions

I like your posts and appreciate you sharing insider insights - wish we had more of it.

But I also don't believe there's a snow balls chance in hell Darnold is coming back.  That's not meant to impugne you or your sources.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, football guy said:

Insecure and disturbed, not sure. The excessive emoji usage has been throwing me off 

Listen I hold no grudges against anyone on this website, nor have I ever doxed myself on a football site with a 99.9% male population
 

It’s comical a person who has though would throw so many insults. OH and you really hurt my feelings with that comeback   🙄

I’m now holding a grudge against you

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

have a beautiful and wonderful day 🤡

❤️ Ya 

 

👍

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that you're an anonymous poster writing about supposed anonymous sources who gets his panties in a bunch when people don't take him seriously, and then accuses said posters of being petty. Self-important much?

MIC DROP 🎙 🎤 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, football guy said:

The only irony is that I've had to resort to acting insecurely because I have a bunch of unstable message board users in denial who take it upon their selves to accuse me of being a phony, who seek to stigmatize my reputation because what I say doesn't fit within their agenda, despite me having already offered up my sources and even my own identity. All I came here to do is talk Jets and share the info I get for discussion purposes. Instead, all it's done is incite doubt upon a group of low-lives in denial who conjure up criticisms from their mother's basement (so to speak) out of a misguided sense of jealousy.  

Most of the people on here would never say what they write because they're a bunch of pussies. I'm happy to disclose my identity (already have), and I can assure you - what I write and what I say is one of the same. Excuse me for defending my reputation. 

This is the same person that called me insecure and dishes out insults to anyone who dares to challenge anything he types. 
 

So you basically admit to being insecure but that’s only because of “unstable message board users”? Righttttttttttt 

 

🤦‍♂️🤣😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AFJF said:

He's offering an opinion based on his observations.  Not everything these guys say is an exclusive scoop.  Sometimes they just think out loud.  I think he's right.

So all he's saying is that the Jets are not sure about Darnold and are considering all options. This is a scoop?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Dude, this post just took it to like a 12.

No one cares.  You don't have a reputation.  You're "football guy" on the world wide web.  It's clear you have some sources, and it's clear you know football.  Great.  And, thank you for sharing.

Also, it's the internet.  People are going to give you sh*t.  My suggestion, and the mature thing to do, is to not make yourself such an incredibly easy target by getting so worked up over it every single time.

My name is Michael Kawas and I don't hide behind message board handles. If you attack my handle you're attacking me. As I wrote above, I recognize this is a flaw and the better thing to do is to ignore it, but what can I say. I absolutely hate the culture that's been established: "let me talk freely because I'm hiding behind a computer screen." I just don't agree with it. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

He actually had a really good stretch of play the last 8 games of 2019.

It was felt to be evidence that his career was trending up.

Seems like everybody had forgotten or ignored the good.

There's also the Adam gase / Ryan Tannehill of it all.  Sam Darnold could get better in 21 simply through osmosis, wherever he plays, including the Jets. That's how toxic Adam Gase is to developing QB 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...