Adam Schefter: Jets Seem "Inclined To Move On" From Darnold

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So all he's saying is that the Jets are not sure about Darnold and are considering all options. This is a scoop?

No.  It is not a scoop.  This is why I said that not everything they say is a scoop.  Sometimes they jus throw out an opinion based on what they're seeing/hearing.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, football guy said:

The only irony is that I've had to resort to acting insecurely because I have a bunch of unstable message board users in denial who take it upon their selves to accuse me of being a phony, who seek to stigmatize my reputation because what I say doesn't fit within their agenda, despite me having already offered up my sources and even my own identity. All I came here to do is talk Jets and share the info I get for discussion purposes. Instead, all it's done is incite doubt upon a group of low-lives in denial who conjure up criticisms from their mother's basement (so to speak) out of a misguided sense of jealousy.  

Most of the people on here would never say what they write because they're a bunch of pussies. I'm happy to disclose my identity (already have), and I can assure you - what I write and what I say is one of the same. Excuse me for defending my reputation. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I agree. I get sucked in. One of my flaws that I'm very self-aware of. Sometimes just can't help it

Nobody enjoys being criticized/called out.

But at some point, the rational, healthiest thing for you is to let those critics punch themselves out. They're not hurting you. I think @TeddEY has a point here in that you're just putting a target on your back unnecessarily.

Your football knowledge and sources within the Jets speak for themselves. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think I saw eleven crows flying southeast over my house today.  That makes me think the Jets are moving on from Sam.  Clearly if they were keeping him, the crows would have been going southwest in even numbers.  

Just speculation without pictures of the crows ?

2 hours ago, football guy said:

There's no leaking intentions. It's widely known within the Jets front office, specifically the football ops. So no, the "ticket sales kid" or "social media content manager" are not my sources. Stop being a swine. 

I think he has a fair point . The ramifications about leaking your draft/FA plans while holding #2 in the draft is rather large. If this was speculation or rumors about another player getting a contract renewal I would buy in 100%. With the significance of what the QB decision means , I'd rather believe the FO is not leaking that info. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I thoroughly enjoy your football posts/analysis. Your inside information is a real boon for this place.

That said... the more paragraphs you write about how you're being attacked, the more people will pile on. 

Keep it about the football, maybe throw in a few Empire Strikes Back references and make a few Mormon jokes about Zach Wilson. Try to find some joy in this sh*t, and let the rest go.

This advice applies to all of life. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

Obvious speculation is obvious, especially with that disclaimer at the end there. 

Jets are evaluating Darnold, the availability/price of Watson, the QBs available at #2 or who they think might be there at #23, the trade offers they're getting for Darnold and the #2, the free agent QB market, etc., etc. The start of the league year is over a month away. They're taking their time to make an informed, deliberate decision - as they should. 

Listening to offers may mean that they're inclined to move on, or it may just be doing their due diligence. But when you make a living doing football prognostication, it's basically your job to keep the provocative sound bites coming until there actually is news. 

Fixed

Jets are evaluating the availability/price of Watson, the QBs available at #2 or who they think might be there at #23, the trade offers they're getting for Darnold and the #2, the free agent QB market, etc., etc.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not sure I follow your argument. People who agree to participate in "Love it or List it" clearly have incentives to do so, regardless of what they think of their current home. 

If the Jets are truly shopping for a QB, you know they aren't sold on Darnold. 

Let me explain. The Jets are looking to see if they can find a new option at QB that would be preferable to staying with  Sam being guided by the new coaching staff.

This is just like the homeowners in Love It or List It deciding between a new home found by David or their existing home after improved by Hilary.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa.

You stop this.

This might be disappointing to fans, but the endings of the show are usually faked and scripted for the camera. The producers have everyone film two different endings: one where the couple chooses to “love” their home, and another where they decide to “list” it.

Then, during the post-production and editing process, the producers decide which ending works best for the episode. Which one will be more satisfying and entertaining for viewers? So, if a couple decides to love or list their home on the show, it might not actually be true.

Just now, Dcat said:

This might be disappointing to fans, but the endings of the show are usually faked and scripted for the camera. The producers have everyone film two different endings: one where the couple chooses to “love” their home, and another where they decide to “list” it.

Then, during the post-production and editing process, the producers decide which ending works best for the episode. Which one will be more satisfying and entertaining for viewers? So, if a couple decides to love or list their home on the show, it might not actually be true.

I mean, I knew it was fake.  I was joking.  Every episode is identical.  But, I'm actually surprised to learn that both endings are shot, and the decision is made later.

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, I knew it was fake.  I was joking.  Every episode is identical.  But, I'm actually surprised to learn that both endings are shot, and the decision is made later.

often the decison is made long before.  In fact, the article said that the minority of the episodes that elect to "list it"  changes its mind 50% of the time after its all done. 

They don't get to keep the furniture. Not every room is finished.  (Only finished to the point of acceptability on camera).   The hosts meet with the owners only for the opening and ending filming and are not there at all and uninvolved with the actual work.  They have been sued for damaging houses and not fulfilling promises after collecting hundreds of thousands from owners.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Let me explain. The Jets are looking to see if they can find a new option at QB that would be preferable to staying with  Sam being guided by the new coaching staff.

This is just like the homeowners in Love It or List It deciding between a new home found by David or their existing home after improved by Hilary.

Fair, but overall, this implies the Jets aren't thrilled with their QB. 

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Excellent analogy!

• Upvote 1

This is the same person that called me insecure and dishes out insults to anyone who dares to challenge anything he types. 

So you basically admit to being insecure but that’s only because of “unstable message board users”? Righttttttttttt 

?‍♂️?

Stop being a duche.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, football guy said:

My name is Michael Kawas and I don't hide behind message board handles. If you attack my handle you're attacking me. As I wrote above, I recognize this is a flaw and the better thing to do is to ignore it, but what can I say. I absolutely hate the culture that's been established: "let me talk freely because I'm hiding behind a computer screen." I just don't agree with it. 

What if they just roll their eyes really hard in person?  

• Haha 1