Adam Schefter: Jets Seem "Inclined To Move On" From Darnold

16 minutes ago, football guy said:

Eh I don't really care anymore I'm pretty much done here. I see now there is no avoiding the fact that message boards are one in the same, no matter the platform: too many online personas just wanting to vent their emotions, dig their feet into the ground and act intolerant while spouting horsesh*t from behind their keyboards because they feel like it's a safe space where they belong. That's never been me. I'm not the type who will accumulate 38498595 posts. Once the bars open up and life can resume as normal, I'm no more than a 1-2 post per week guy anyway. 

I came here to talk football in-depth, to offer up info as discussion points, to dissect rumors with others, to analyze transactions, to share different perspectives, and to learn more about the game. If other stimulating conversations come about I could be into it too. Joining a forum again seemed there would be potential for better dialogue, but boy was I wrong. 

There's a good phrase to live by: know thyself. The message board business was never for me; I'm a lot better directly communicating with people or those that I know. I won't change, and I know that I will engage in arguments if I feel the need to defend myself. I'm not sorry for it, but I also don't need the frustration. It's not productive at all. I'd rather say to hell with it, reveal myself, and drop the mic and leave rather than sit there and take it in the ass by some fatcuck with horrible skin typing away in their mother's basement, snickering at the thought of writing up some conspiracy theory that I'm just making things up (I don't seriously think this is the case, but it's what I picture when I see some of the poor sentence structure/excessive emoji use by some of the posters). Not about that action boss. 

Maybe I'll post threads in here from time-to-time, maybe I'll remain a silent reader, maybe I'll be a 3-to-5 poster per week. We'll see. All I know is I'm done with the daily interaction. 

Lighten up Kawas

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

Eh I don't really care anymore I'm pretty much done here. I see now there is no avoiding the fact that message boards are one in the same, no matter the platform: too many online personas just wanting to vent their emotions, dig their feet into the ground and act intolerant while spouting horsesh*t from behind their keyboards because they feel like it's a safe space where they belong. That's never been me. I'm not the type who will accumulate 38498595 posts. Once the bars open up and life can resume as normal, I'm no more than a 1-2 post per week guy anyway. 

I came here to talk football in-depth, to offer up info as discussion points, to dissect rumors with others, to analyze transactions, to share different perspectives, and to learn more about the game. If other stimulating conversations come about I could be into it too. Joining a forum again seemed there would be potential for better dialogue, but boy was I wrong. 

There's a good phrase to live by: know thyself. The message board business was never for me; I'm a lot better directly communicating with people or those that I know. I won't change, and I know that I will engage in arguments if I feel the need to defend myself. I'm not sorry for it, but I also don't need the frustration. It's not productive at all. I'd rather say to hell with it, reveal myself, and drop the mic and leave rather than sit there and take it in the ass by some fatcuck with horrible skin typing away in their mother's basement, snickering at the thought of writing up some conspiracy theory that I'm just making things up (I don't seriously think this is the case, but it's what I picture when I see some of the poor sentence structure/excessive emoji use by some of the posters). Not about that action boss. 

Maybe I'll post threads in here from time-to-time, maybe I'll remain a silent reader, maybe I'll be a 3-to-5 poster per week. We'll see. All I know is I'm done with the daily interaction. 

You said you are going to leave so I will say we will leave a light on for you.  I do find that a lot of threads that you are posting in go sideways a lot. I enjoyed your posts and I know people are poking at you. My opinion is there is no reason to get defensive which you seem to do.

You mentioned you were banned from the last site, now you posted that you are leaving here which is a shame. I just think my original advice on how to interact with people would have served you well.

At any rate, thanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

The only true talent you have are (1) excessive emoji usage... That's it. Sorry that you suck at life, find a rock to pick on or something. You are a skidmark in the underpants of society, and unless you're ready to reveal your identity/meet off-platform to talk it over (your puss is as wide as the Lincoln Tunnel, so I doubt it), you're irrelevant. Bye bye ?

Alright, he poked at you, you poked at him. Let's just all move on collectively.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, football guy said:

Glad this thread has exposed what a needy, self-absorbed narcissist you are.  Maybe look inward as to why the threads you post in always seem to go off the rails.  Do us a favor and stick to your word - stay gone.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

My prediction: the Jets select Wilson or Fields at #2 and keep Darnold to play out his 4th season.  They will ease the rookie into action by letting Darnold start the season.  The hope is Darnold plays relatively well, but the team will eventually hand the keys of the offense to the future quarterback.  Next year, let Darnold walk in free agency and receive a comp pick for him.  With all that said, Darnold will get an opportunity to prove himself in the new system.  If he plays lights out, the Jets can certainly look to retain him long term and use Wilson/Fields as a trade chip.

This

---

only qualifiers I'd have to this

(obviously If Watson can be had for reasonable price you do it without a second thought ... for me equivalent of 3 three's or better ... including the #2 pick ... is reasonable)

(I'll toss in an "if they get very good compensation 1st & 2nd / 1st & 3rd I can see them trading Darnold & bringing a hold the fort vet to compete in camp with Wilson/Fields)

(I'll also go with ... if there is camp/preseason  there will be competition to be the starting QB ... anything close to a tie and darnold/vet starts week 1)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

The only true talent you have are (1) excessive emoji usage... That's it. Sorry that you suck at life, find a rock to pick on or something. You are a skidmark in the underpants of society, and unless you're ready to reveal your identity/meet off-platform to talk it over (your puss is as wide as the Lincoln Tunnel, so I doubt it), you're irrelevant. Bye bye ?

????

The more you type the more you expose yourself. 

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Might I suggest a separate farewell thread?  Name it something catchy like So Long Simpletonz! and proceed to crack some skulls on your way out.

I can give you some good ammunition to use against the likes of the hideous @T0mShane, his disgusting minion @Jetsfan80, the pompous pseudo-intellectual @dbatesman, the vomitous mass @CTM, the twink in the wasteland that is J-Ville @JiF, the hyper-sensitive yet always pounding his puny chest @Integrity28....

On and on..  just give me a handle and I'll give you the goods.

Do @Pac

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, football guy said:

I don't like being attacked whether it's on a message board or in person. If someone attacks me on a message board, I'll fight back. If someone attacks me in person, I'll fight back.

16 hours ago, football guy said:

My name is Michael Kawas 

I thought in project mayhem, we had no names.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, football guy said:

Is there a way to follow you so that we know when you do grace our presence, I'm notified?  This grade A interwebz and dont want to miss out!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Pac said:

Might I suggest a separate farewell thread?  Name it something catchy like So Long Simpletonz! and proceed to crack some skulls on your way out.

I can give you some good ammunition to use against the likes of the hideous @T0mShane, his disgusting minion @Jetsfan80, the pompous pseudo-intellectual @dbatesman, the vomitous mass @CTM, the twink in the wasteland that is J-Ville @JiF, the hyper-sensitive yet always pounding his puny chest @Integrity28....

He'd rather me not kiss his beautiful face, I dont really have a fall back plan.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'm insulted. ? People pick and choose what they're insulted by. If you mean individual words than obviously there are those that carry negative weight, and even then people apply their standard in a differential manner. However, as I stated "if a person takes offense to the truth"... For instance you almost hit me when you run through a stop sign and I yell "a-hole" (since I'm not going to stop and lecture anyone) you may feel insulted, but it's the truth and you are choosing to be insulted rather than accepting that in that situation you were in fact as stated.

You’re conflating verbal attacks and insults, either way I don’t care. Was just seeing if I could bait you with an insult.

None if this is really relevant to the thread. The guy is rationalizing his own bad behavior. I used to do it here all the time.

21 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think I saw eleven crows flying southeast over my house today.  That makes me think the Jets are moving on from Sam.  Clearly if they were keeping him, the crows would have been going southwest in even numbers.  

The nineties made it so that I shall never engage in counting crows again, but I thank you for your service. 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Oddly disappointed I did not make the list. I really thought I was doing a good job of casting my opinions as unassailable truths and being reflexively dismissive of the views of others. I clearly need to try harder. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, football guy said:

toy story goodbye GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, football guy said:

Too bad.  I liked your posts.  But if this message board ruffles your feathers to such an extreme, you are right, it may not be the place for you.  I, for one, enjoy reading your posts.  It's very wise to have a thick skin on social media of any kind, including this Jets message board.  @football guy, You are going to get snarky and rude responses on EVERY social media forum.  The extent to which you let it eat at you is not healthy.   For every one obnoxious response, remember there are dozens who enjoy reading your posts.  It's 2021, the reality of social media is what it is.  Electing to abandon the board because of a handful of snarky replies is kind of over the top.  

Anyway, I hope you stick around and good luck if not.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Oddly, disappointed I did not make the list. I really thought I was doing a good job of casting my opinions as unassailable truths and being reflexively dismissive of the views of others. I clearly need to try harder. 

I didn't have the time that it would take to run down the list of your constant self aggrandizing and your embarrassing proclivity to speak in absolutes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1