Jets Rumors: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Will Fuller V Among NY's Free-Agent Targets

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Both would be upgrades but:

1- Juju is vastly overrated. A glorified slot WR and we already have Crowder. And became a bit of an Instagram diva/distraction last year. 

2- Fuller is really talented, but never could stay healthy until this year.......when he get busted for PEDs (and will miss week 1 to finish off suspension). 

Personally, I am all in on Allen Robinson. A complete and true #1 WR. 

How did you know exactly what I was going to type?

seriously, almost word for word. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Juju is a pain, not really worth the drama for what he’s looking to get paid and I seriously doubt JD would spend that $ in him. 

Fullers good but also hurt. Best ability? Availability. Pass on both.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That settles it. The Jets must pay a WR in free agency.

I agree. I prefer a lot if they sign a big WR in FA than a edge rusher!! I don’t want to pay an edge 20million a year in FA, draft one with the top picks

I'm not interested in carrying Crowder on a one year contract. He either agrees to an extension or we release him and sign a long term solution. It may not make sense to some, however we're in a great situation with our cap space along with the limited suitors. By next off-season all 32 NFL teams should be in better shape as they'll definitely prepare and sacrifice this FA to better their books.

Lets see who gets the franchise tag on the free agency list. Once that happens the Jets will have redo their list.  The Jets need a WR, OT, G, RB, OLB, ILB, CB and S not in that order but this is their need list. 

Most on that free agent list will try and use the Jets to get more money or sign with another team. Douglas doesn't want to fall in that trap and overpay a player. If they don't get the player they need they will be looking at the draft to fill that position.

• Upvote 1

The Jets had a more durable version of Fuller... it was Robby Anderson.

Juju?  Unless he has some magic connection with Sam and they decide to keep Sam.... PASS.

Godwin, A-Rob, or Golladay.  In that order.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets had a more durable version of Fuller... it was Robby Anderson.

Juju?  Unless he has some magic connection with Sam and they decide to keep Sam.... PASS.

Godwin, A-Rob, or Golladay.  In that order.

If we sign Juju or Fuller, we need to draft a WR early with the top 4 picks maximum

Godwin, Robinson and Golladay we can draft later an other one 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

If we sign Juju or Fuller, we need to draft a WR early with the top 4 picks maximum

Godwin, Robinson and Golladay we can draft later an other one 

Welcome to the board JQ. Who do you follow in the NHL & why the heck did you tie yourself down with this organization?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Lets see who gets the franchise tag on the free agency list. Once that happens the Jets will have redo their list.  The Jets need a WR, OT, G, RB, OLB, ILB, CB and S not in that order but this is their need list. 

What Jets team have you watched?

We need

QB, RB, FB, WR, WR, TE, LG, RG, RT

DE, DE, LB, CB, CB and possibly a S

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Both would be upgrades but:

1- Juju is vastly overrated. A glorified slot WR and we already have Crowder. And became a bit of an Instagram diva/distraction last year. 

2- Fuller is really talented, but never could stay healthy until this year.......when he get busted for PEDs (and will miss week 1 to finish off suspension). 

Personally, I am all in on Allen Robinson. A complete and true #1 WR. 

No need to restate when someone has already said it right.  This.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, jetsQuebec said:

I agree. I prefer a lot if they sign a big WR in FA than a edge rusher!! I don’t want to pay an edge 20million a year in FA, draft one with the top picks

Totally, yes.

Can still draft another WR but they should be looking for instant help not another WR to develop opposite Mims. Besides, even if they can get Robinson to agree to come here, that's not some 10-year solution. He'll get 2 (possibly 2.5 or 3) years guaranteed and then we'll see what he produced in that third, age-30 season. Besides, the team needs to spend on someone and this is the side effect of drafting so poorly there's almost no one in-house to extend.

FA edge rusher is often fine, but I think that's less of a "we need instant success" need, unless someone has realistic SB goals this year. I'd rather draft one, like you said, and ideally by midseason he isn't looking clueless and can be on the field for more than obvious passing downs. I like FA edge rusher better if we're filling out our last few missing pieces and we draft too low to grab one of the elite prospects at this position that (like QB and WR) get over-drafted plenty. So for a team with so many holes, I like drafting an edge over spending $20MM/year on one via FA or trade who might not have more than one or two $20MM-type seasons left in him before we see some decline.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty damn disappointing if true

Thuney, Samuel, and make a play for one of the edgerushers. Then go bargain shopping.

I would love to sign those guys and Linsley.  Landing both Thuney and Linsley would really solidify our line, but that's probably too rich for JD's blood.  Of the two, I can see Joe D. leaning toward Linsley with the thought that it would improve 2 positions on the line instead of just one (with McGovern theoretically playing better at Guard than Center).

Until viewing recent threads here, I didn't realize how dynamic a player Samuel is.  I hope the Panthers let him hit free agency and we can grab him.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Welcome to the board JQ. Who do you follow in the NHL & why the heck did you tie yourself down with this organization?

So rude man 🤣🤣 calm down haha

i don’t really care about NHL and Jets are my team since 2002 !! Chrebet was my guy when I was like 10 😎  

don’t be upset because I am a Jets fan from Québec 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Totally, yes.

Can still draft another WR but they should be looking for instant help not another WR to develop opposite Mims. Besides, even if they can get Robinson to agree to come here, that's not some 10-year solution. He'll get 2 (possibly 2.5 or 3) years guaranteed and then we'll see what he produced in that third, age-30 season. Besides, the team needs to spend on someone and this is the side effect of drafting so poorly there's almost no one in-house to extend.

FA edge rusher is often fine, but I think that's less of a "we need instant success" need, unless someone has realistic SB goals this year. I'd rather draft one, like you said, and ideally by midseason he isn't looking clueless and can be on the field for more than obvious passing downs. I like FA edge rusher better if we're filling out our last few missing pieces and we draft too low to grab one of the elite prospects at this position that (like QB and WR) get over-drafted plenty. So for a team with so many holes, I like drafting an edge over spending $20MM/year on one via FA or trade who might not have more than one or two $20MM-type seasons left in him before we see some decline.

I see where you’re coming from, but if we’re handing anyone in FA a $20+ million a year contract, I say go get Shaq Barrett.

This is a solid EDGE class with a good amount of depth, but no one can even remotely agree who the top guy is. Or even the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th in line etc.

On the other hand, at WR the Jets could sign a guy like Samuel for around $10 million a year in FA and then even decide to circle back around and add a Toney or Marshall at #23. Hell, maybe even teams are scared by his lack of size and DeVonta Smith falls.