Todd McShay: Wilson is a lock to go 2nd overall

GreekJet

18 minutes ago, undertow said:

I'm noticing the Wilson hype is starting to go through the roof...comparing him to Mahomes, Watson, and Allen and how he's now the clear cut number 2 overall pick.  This will increase our pick value at 2 but also the Darnold hate on these boards.  The next few months should be fun. lol

My guess is that Wilson's Draftable profile does not look remotely like Mahomes, Watson, Allen or Jackson's.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

In college programs they often fudge the measurements, but he measured 72.3" at the combine.  That's in front of 100's of people, and no reason to lie.

It is what it is.  Brees is a little over 6'

He must have been standing on his tippy toes because I have stood face to face with him and he was basically the same size as me.. But I will believe the scale and ascribe my empirical evidence as false.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

Wilson looks like he has a couple of inches on Brees, but look at the shoulder width on both of them. Brees has that athletic mesomorph build. Wilson has that ectomorph body type, it's going to be harder for him to put on muscle and keep his weight up. Combine that with the way Wilson likes to run around, he's a walking injury waiting to happen. 

Is this an Ectopmorph or Mesomorph?

B3PCB4SZWAI6VOS4EUBQ3NKZXA.thumb.jpg.4ce551906ae0faad8c3eb017240e75f3.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

People rag on him for lack of competition and think that seriously altered his numbers, but his ball placement is crazy and he was rated as the best tight window thrower in the FBS. So no, not just getting praise for throwing to easy wide open receivers. 

Accuracy and Ball Placement are two similar, but different things. 

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

People rag on him for lack of competition and think that seriously altered his numbers, but his ball placement is crazy and he was rated as the best tight window thrower in the FBS. So no, not just getting praise for throwing to easy wide open receivers. 

I saw that same pass in the playoffs; Fields to Olave for a td against much better defensive players

go kick rocks 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I’m old enough to remember when Sewell was a lock to go #2. Really excited for the next couple months as more locks get installed and broken. 

Before Sewell, Fields was the lock at two.

I remember back in the day being told finishing overall 1 or two didn't matter.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Luke Grant is the biggest snowflake on Jets twitter. I challenged one of his Wilson takes' one day and he blocked me. lol. Additionally, this was not a flick of the wrist throw by Wilson, he literally took a running start to make that throw. Still very accurate and impressive, but Luke Grant doesn't know his head from his a$$.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I saw that same pass in the playoffs; Fields to Olave for a td against much better defensive players

go kick rocks 

Is this a Fields thread? Did I even say I preferred Wilson over Fields or was I just pointing out something impressive about a player? Did I even mention Fields in the first place? Does Fields making a similarly impressive throw mean the one I linked just ceases to exist? Did Fields make that fantastic throw on the run, or in the pocket making them completely different circumstances?

Many questions.

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Luke Grant is the biggest snowflake on Jets twitter. I challenged one of his Wilson takes' one day and he blocked me. lol. Additionally, this was not a flick of the wrist throw by Wilson, he literally took a running start to make that throw. Still very accurate and impressive, but Luke Grant doesn't know his head from his a$$.

I have no idea who he is, but I've heard a few things.

me see cool highlight -> me post it 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

That's an ectomorph with no significant injury history who went in the 6th round, not second overall. If you want to wait until the 6th round to take Wilson, I'm down.

Wilson missed three games, with a thumb sprain, in his entire 3 years starting as the QB at BYU.  

There is no significant injury history.  He had a shoulder injury in HS - on which he had elective surgery after his freshman year of college - for which he didn't miss a game.

There is no "significant" injury history.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Is this a Fields thread? Did I even say I preferred Wilson over Fields or was I just pointing out something impressive about a player? Did I even mention Fields in the first place? Does Fields making a similarly impressive throw mean the one I linked just ceases to exist? Did Fields make that fantastic throw on the run, or in the pocket making them completely different circumstances?

Many questions.

Point made. I'll start a thread lol

For the record, I was talking to the twitter guy... which of course was not clear at all from my post.

I feels you. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wilson missed three games, with a thumb sprain, in his entire 3 years starting as the QB at BYU.  

There is no significant injury history.  He had a shoulder injury in HS - that he had electoral surgery after his freshman year of college - for which he didn't miss a game.

There is no "significant" injury history.

Look, I get it, you like him. You don't think surgery to both shoulders and his thumb before getting to the pros is significant. I do. It is what it is, people can have differences of opinion.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Point made. I'll start a thread lol

For the record, I was talking to the twitter guy... which of course was not clear at all from my post.

I feels you. 

It happens bro, just a misunderstanding. In all actuality I would enjoy a fresh Fields thread.

I didn't even read the gushing tweet, my caveman brain saw good throw and went ooga booga without regarding the fanboyism. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That's an ectomorph with no significant injury history who went in the 6th round, not second overall. If you want to wait until the 6th round to take Wilson, I'm down.

Tom Brady would have been more likely to get injured if he was taken #2 overall?

Wilson is less likely to be injured if he was taken in the 6th round?

This is about injury potential - nothing more.

I just think it's silly

at 6'3" 210 is a huge injury risk

at 6'3" 220 - no problem, perfect size.  

We need to stop with his - not drafting him because he's 10 pounds lighter than Aaron Rodgers is just stupid.  10 pounds on a 6'3" frame is NOTHING.  He can put that on in two months in the gym...ectomorph or not.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Tom Brady would have been more likely to get injured if he was taken #2 overall?

I just think it's silly

We need to stop with his - not drafting him because he's 10 pounds lighter than Aaron Rodgers is just stupid.  10 pounds on a 6'3" frame is NOTHING.  He can put that on in two months in the gym...ectomorph or not.

Ok.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

It happens bro, just a misunderstanding. In all actuality I would enjoy a fresh Fields thread.

I didn't even read the gushing tweet, my caveman brain saw good throw and went ooga booga without regarding the fanboyism. 

I understand. I too, dabble in knuckle-draggery. Particularly when it comes to the opposite sex. 

*hides club*  

“Hey you wanna see my cave?”

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If I'm the Jets I pass on a Qb in this draft.  (unless we get to 23 and they say, I cannot believe a guy like Lance is still there!  then maybe).

Fields and Wilson both have some really good attributes and some troubling issues.

2 overall is Megatron country. Whoever it is should be a world class athlete. 

I can be talked into Fields. It's not my preference but the gifts are there. Wilson at 2 I don't understand and never will. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

This comment is so 2021....funny yet sad at the same time.

2 hours ago, undertow said:

I'm noticing the Wilson hype is starting to go through the roof...comparing him to Mahomes, Watson, and Allen and how he's now the clear cut number 2 overall pick.  This will increase our pick value at 2 but also the Darnold hate on these boards.  The next few months should be fun. lol

For what it’s worth he was getting compared to Mahomes and Rodgers like three or four months ago, it’s just louder now. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

2 overall is Megatron country. Whoever it is should be a world class athlete. 

I can be talked into Fields. It's not my preference but the gifts are there. Wilson at 2 I don't understand and never will. 

To be fair, I’m pretty sure it’d be reasonable to argue that Megatron is literally the best athlete regardless of position to enter the NFL in the last 20 years so that’s a pretty high bar.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just think it's silly

We need to stop with his -  not drafting him because he's 10 pounds lighter than Aaron Rodgers is just stupid.  10 pounds on a 6'3" frame is NOTHING.  He can put that on in two months in the gym...ectomorph or not.

I'm open-minded about this and will jump on board if they take Wilson at 2 but I will say that he doesn't look 6'3" to me.  Am I crazy?

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My bold prediction is the Jets decide to stick with Darnold and trade back to 6 with the Eagles also getting a 2022 1st and a 2021 3rd round pick or whatever fair compensation is.  Jets grab one of the top 2 WR’s at 6 in Chase or one of the Alabama kids and away we go.

Except Darnold is inaccurate and can’t throw long.

• Upvote 1