GreekJet

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Mitchell trubisky 

Marcus mariota 

Rg3

Ryan leaf 

Rick mirer 

QB at 2 isn't risk averse it's desperation

So where are you going to find the QB if you don’t believe Darnold is the answer? The best opportunity is with the 2nd overall pick where you have your choice between three guys who are all likely to go in the top 10.

If you if don’t think any of the non-Lawrence QBs are long term answers don’t draft them, but the probability of that is pretty low. 

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

More likely All injured reserve 3 years running 

Very reminiscent of your rant that Robby Anderson would never survive playing NFL football.  How the NFL isnt Temple, that hes now getting hit by bigger, faster athletes, blah, blah, blah.

He had a labrum tweaked, so do lots of QBs.  Its not a big deal or an indicator that he'll be injured 3 years running.  

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Very reminiscent of your rant that Robby Anderson would never survive playing NFL football.  How the NFL isnt Temple, that hes now getting hit by bigger, faster athletes, blah, blah, blah.

He had a labrum tweaked, so do lots of QBs.  Its not a big deal or an indicator that he'll be injured 3 years running.  

I'm not sure I said that about robby. I wanted them to resign him. I'm all about cost why would I be against an undrafted player?

I actually like Zach wilson at 23. At 2 I'm sick of his stupid face and he's not even on the team yet 

He tore both labrums on tackles into the turf. He's had 2 reconstructions. And that was playing nobodies. What happens when he runs into myles Garrett? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

So where are you going to find the QB if you don’t believe Darnold is the answer? The best opportunity is with the 2nd overall pick where you have your choice between three guys who are all likely to go in the top 10.

If you if don’t think any of the non-Lawrence QBs are long term answers don’t draft them, but the probability of that is pretty low. 

Teams that take qbs at 2 are not prepared to give those players the support they require 

Where? I don't know. Try again next year when the offense is not a complete dump fire. 

Dane Brugler's mock picks for us. 

https://theathletic.com/2378777/2021/02/11/nfl-mock-draft-zach-wilson-justin-fields-trey-lance/

2. New York Jets — Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

This is where the draft starts and there will be plenty of speculation on a possible trade at No. 2 if the Jets decide to stick with Sam Darnold. However, there is a greater chance New York sees an opportunity to reset the franchise with a new quarterback, but which one? If Wilson does well during the interview process, many around the league expect him to be the favorite here.

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2021 first-round pick (No. 12 overall)
2022 second-round pick

San Francisco 49ers receive:
2021 first-round pick (No. 23 overall)
QB Sam Darnold

New York Jets (via SF) — Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern

This is a fun trade. Even with a new quarterback with the No. 2 pick, the Jets don’t have to trade Darnold. But they can maximize his value if the right deal presents itself, like this proposed trade from the 49ers. With their pick from the Jamal Adams’ trade, the Jets are able to jump up 11 spots in the first round and land Slater, who has Pro Bowl potential as a plug-and-play guard who can also kick out to right tackle if needed. For San Francisco, this deal is the equivalent of two second-round picks for a talented 23-year old quarterback with untapped skills.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Grandy said:

Is this a Fields thread? Did I even say I preferred Wilson over Fields or was I just pointing out something impressive about a player? Did I even mention Fields in the first place? Does Fields making a similarly impressive throw mean the one I linked just ceases to exist? Did Fields make that fantastic throw on the run, or in the pocket making them completely different circumstances?

Many questions.

I'm admittedly a Fields fan, but I do see some qualities that are pretty impressive from Wilson. That throw from on the run, outside the pocket is incredible, regardless of where the DBs were. Its the one year jump in production against clearly inferior competition that worries me the most. I admit I don't see alot of BYU games so I don't see it all, but I did catch Coastal Carolina and the Boca Raton Bowl, so my live impressions are a mixed bag. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Teams that take qbs at 2 are not prepared to give those players the support they require 

Where? I don't know. Try again next year when the offense is not a complete dump fire. 

I don’t know is a bad answer. The QB is the most important position on the field. I am glad you are not the GM. 

Also the Jets have plenty of ammunition to put a good team around the QB. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

https://theathletic.com/2378777/2021/02/11/nfl-mock-draft-zach-wilson-justin-fields-trey-lance/

This is where the draft starts and there will be plenty of speculation on a possible trade at No. 2 if the Jets decide to stick with Sam Darnold. However, there is a greater chance New York sees an opportunity to reset the franchise with a new quarterback, but which one? If Wilson does well during the interview process, many around the league expect him to be the favorite here.

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2022 second-round pick

QB Sam Darnold

This is a fun trade. Even with a new quarterback with the No. 2 pick, the Jets don’t have to trade Darnold. But they can maximize his value if the right deal presents itself, like this proposed trade from the 49ers. With their pick from the Jamal Adams’ trade, the Jets are able to jump up 11 spots in the first round and land Slater, who has Pro Bowl potential as a plug-and-play guard who can also kick out to right tackle if needed. For San Francisco, this deal is the equivalent of two second-round picks for a talented 23-year old quarterback with untapped skills.

What a terrible deal for the jets, they move back 10 spots, and then trade darnold for a 2nd rounder.  Heck, they could trade darnold for a 2nd rounder AND stay at 2.  And the 2nd rounder they get is in 2022?  This doesn’t make sense or else I’m not reading this right.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What don’t you like about Zach friggin Wilson?

And why is it “Jetsy”?

Have you watched him play? 

I honestly haven’t. I wanted Darnold just because of his Rose Bowl performance and now I’m fine with Wilson because he’s not Sam Darnold and he took two cheerleaders to his senior prom. I’m probably not the guy to ask. 

8 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I don’t know is a bad answer. The QB is the most important position on the field. I am glad you are not the GM. 

Also the Jets have plenty of ammunition to put a good team around the QB. 

I don't know is an honest answer. 

"Zach wilson is our savior" is the same wishful thinking that brought us Sam Darnold and got everyone fired 

The draft is about upside and making value decisions not reaching for need out of desperation 

Wilson is just not that elite. I wish there were 2 Trevor's in the draft. There's not 

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not sure I said that about robby. I wanted them to resign him. I'm all about cost why would I be against an undrafted player?

I actually like Zach wilson at 23. At 2 I'm sick of his stupid face and he's not even on the team yet 

He tore both labrums on tackles into the turf. He's had 2 reconstructions. And that was playing nobodies. What happens when he runs into myles Garrett? 

0A98FEE4-9248-45A6-9631-0791EC907C05.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What a terrible deal for the jets, they move back 10 spots, and then trade darnold for a 2nd rounder.  Heck, they could trade darnold for a 2nd rounder AND stay at 2.  And the 2nd rounder they get is in 2022?  This doesn’t make sense or else I’m not reading this right.

I don't think you're reading it right. The Jets are using Darnold to trade up 10 spots and still keep the 2.

19 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'm admittedly a Fields fan, but I do see some qualities that are pretty impressive from Wilson. That throw from on the run, outside the pocket is incredible, regardless of where the DBs were. Its the one year jump in production against clearly inferior competition that worries me the most. I admit I don't see alot of BYU games so I don't see it all, but I did catch Coastal Carolina and the Boca Raton Bowl, so my live impressions are a mixed bag. 

There are two things here...

1) Jump in production really is entirely irrelevant.  You're drafting his skill set, not the team on which he played. No one is going to care where Wilson or Fields played college Football.  Their respective skill-set and ability to win in the NFL will matter.  Zach Wilson's skill-set is All-pro NFL caliber level.  Does that translate to all-pro QB?  Not necessarily but it has NOTHING to do with where he played or even his production there.

2) BYU was the 11th ranked football team in the country.  We have to stop with this idea that he played in some podunk barely competitive football league.  Was it the level OSU played? of course not - but very few are.

Plenty of college QB's put up huge numbers - it's pretty standard.  Zach Wilson isn't being mentioned as the most likely #2 overall pick because of his stat line.  HIs accuracy, quick release, power arm, anticipation and overall football IQ are the reasons. 

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't know is an honest answer. 

"Zach wilson is our savior" is the same wishful thinking that brought us Sam Darnold and got everyone fired 

The draft is about upside and making value decisions not reaching for need out of desperation 

Wilson is just not that elite. I wish there were 2 Trevor's in the draft. There's not 

Yes.  He is.

He'll be a better pro than TL.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Plenty of college QB's put up huge numbers - it's pretty standard.  Zach Wilson isn't being mentioned as the most likely #2 overall pick because of his stat line.  HIs accuracy, quick release, power arm, anticipation and overall football IQ are the reasons. 

The Jets whiffed on Sanchez and darnold both being so called accurate passers and smart etc. Go back to the scouting reports. 

I've had enough of the intangibles. The next dude should be have tangibles

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Et6K6wyUYAME0c9?format=jpg&name=large

My god, he looks like a lesbian at QB.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

He's not even on the Jets yet but I'm already exhausted by his stupid face 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Mostly because I say so.

I've watched a lot of both of them and believe Wilson's skill-set will translate better to the NFL.  Bigger arm, more accurate, quicker release..

He's just shorter...

Wilson might be better than fields (maybe)

That's not the same as proving either are worth the 2 pick 

Megatron went 2. Suh went 2.

The 2 pick should be a monster 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets whiffed on Sanchez and darnold both being so called accurate passers and smart etc. Go back to the scouting reports. 

I've had enough of the intangibles. The next dude should be have tangibles

Accuracy, arm strength, anticipation, release speed.  Those are all very tangible qualities.   That's why you're drafting him.  

Not because of where he played or what he looks like.

If I was someone that just decided to jump on a site with no football knowledge at all- I would come to one conclusion, more than any other after reading this site - that facial features is the most important factor in drafting a QB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Only on Jetnation folks...

Because the #1 lock QB is never worse than the later drafted prospect.

You might not believe it, but, based on history,  it's far more likely that they'll be a QB in this draft better than Lawrence.  

Stop acting like Trevor Lawrence is a lock - he's far from it.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The "monsters" in this draft that we could take at 2 are Sewell and Jamarr Chase.  I prefer either of those options to drafting a QB at 2 at this point, with a lean towards Sewell because of the FA wide receivers that will be available.

That said, trading #2 (plus other picks) for Deshaun Watson is a slam dunk.  Trading down for a huge package of picks would also be preferable.

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There are two things here...

1) Jump in production really is entirely irrelevant.  You're drafting his skill set, not the team on which he played. No one is going to care where Wilson or Fields played college Football.  Their respective skill-set and ability to win in the NFL will matter.  Zach Wilson's skill-set is All-pro NFL caliber level.  Does that translate to all-pro QB?  Not necessarily but it has NOTHING to do with where he played or even his production there.

2) BYU was the 11th ranked football team in the country.  We have to stop with this idea that he played in some podunk barely competitive football league.  Was it the level OSU played? of course not - but very few are.

If you have postson here espousing his qualities from the 2019 cfb season, please show a link. 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

To be clear though. 

Drafting guys like Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Brees etc....were all not "Monsters" - those are the best QB's in the league of none of them , I imagine, would fall into your Monster category.

Come on....You're trying to find a FQB.  You have to keep trying until you find one.  It's not a science for sure, but you have to keep trying until you find one

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

one conclusion, more than any other after reading this site - that facial features is the most important factor in drafting a QB.

Wilson's face gets the publicity but it's his frame that is the real issue 

Scouts have a saying "looks good getting off the bus." which is usually considered an insult around here due to gholston 

It's hard to describe unless you've experienced it. Once I walked by julio Jones in street clothes and thought he was bigger than Johnny Abe. 

wilson fails the getting of the bus test. The pick at 2 should be a Calvin Johnson or Suh level freak. A guy who has all the gifts. Not a guy who makes the most of what he was given. 

They did not lose 14 games to draft Rudy 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

To be clear though. 

Drafting guys like Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Brees etc....were all not "Monsters" - those are the best QB's in the league of none of them , I imagine, would fall into your Monster category

Agree but none of those guys were top 10 picks 

I have no problem with the jets waiting to 24 for Rodgers or 34 for Brees. 2 is a reach for these guys (not knowing what they became) 

Darnold was also overdrafted compared to Allen. The top of draft is about attributes always has been 

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

If you have postson here espousing his qualities from the 2019 cfb season, please show a link. 

I tried to make it clear but somehow you completely misunderstood what I was saying...I guess that's my fault.

Let me reiterate.  I DON'T care about what he did in the past....the only thing we should care about is his Skill-set.  The tools he posses align almost ideally with the way the game is being played today.

Unless, of course, you think

He's going to lose arm-strength when drafted? His quick release will somehow slow down mid-season? etc....

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

You did.  Not a big deal, just have heard people look at a players body and predict an injury riddled future and some times it happens, other times it doesnt.  Regardless of injuries in the past.  

He hasn't had reconstructions of his shoulder.  He had a partially torn labrum repaired.  

Getting hit to the ground by large nobodies isnt different than getting hit t the ground by somebodies.  Its 2020's NFL you cant hit QBs like in JWs day

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2022 second-round pick

QB Sam Darnold

I would love that, or Kyle Pitts

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

.A guy who has all the gifts. Not a guy who makes the most of what he was given. 

This is where it shows me you haven't actually watched Wilson play.  

His skills are off the charts.  The ball explodes out of his hands, his release is lighting fast...If you have to look at straight tangibles you want from a QB (thing that can't be taught) those are the two that matter the most - and he's as good as anyone in the NFL in both of those.

Honestly, go watch tape on him and then lets' discuss.  

All that bus stuff is 100% horsesh*t.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

The "monsters" in this draft that we could take at 2 are Sewell and Jamarr Chase.  I prefer either of those options to drafting a QB at 2 at this point, with a lean towards Sewell because of the FA wide receivers that will be available.

That said, trading #2 (plus other picks) for Deshaun Watson is a slam dunk.  Trading down for a huge package of picks would also be preferable.

Not happening, those players aren’t generational and none will help out Sam with his poor decision making. 

It will be QB at 2 or a Watson trade, anything else is just stupid IMO 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I would love that, or Kyle Pitts

Pitts would be great.  Brugler has Pitts going to Cincy at 5. Most of the teams in front of the SF pick do not need a TE.

3 Miami Dolphins (via 4-12 Houston Texans)
4 Atlanta Falcons 4-12
5 Cincinnati Bengals 4-11-1
6 Philadelphia Eagles 4-11-1
7 Detroit Lions 5-11
8 Carolina Panthers 5-11
9 Denver Broncos 5-11
10 Dallas Cowboys 6-10
11 New York Giants 6-10