Patriots and Thuney nowhere near a deal

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sewell isn't going at 2, so 

Not saying you're wrong but I'll never understand a world where Zach Wilson has more draft value than Penei Sewell. 

As for joe thuney for every chandler Jones there's 3 nate solders. BB knows when to cut bait. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Not saying you're wrong but I'll never understand a world where Zach Wilson has more draft value than Penei Sewell. 

As for joe thuney for every chandler Jones there's 3 nate solders. BB knows when to cut bait. 

Watching every NFLN mock draft and they have Sewell going after Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they keep Darnold he could join Becton and Sewell but not at # 2. In that scenario the Jets are trading down. Sewell isn't going at 2, so it depends on how far down the Jets trade.  That would be a crazy line though.  I would draft a guard in the 1st three rounds and that line would be sick.

I'd trade back at least once, maybe twice and put both Sewell and Rashawn Slater on the list.  Slater's versatility is a big plus.  Can play anywhere on the OLine and should be a Top 15 guy.  Plug him in immediately at either OG or RT.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they keep Darnold he could join Becton and Sewell but not at # 2. In that scenario the Jets are trading down. Sewell isn't going at 2, so it depends on how far down the Jets trade.  That would be a crazy line though.  I would draft a guard in the 1st three rounds and that line would be sick.

Sewell isnt falling past the Bengals they are definitely drafting a lineman to protect Burrow.  I would be fine with Slater at 8 or 9 anyway.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd trade back at least once, maybe twice and put both Sewell and Rashawn Slater on the list.  Slater's versatility is a big plus.  Can play anywhere on the OLine and should be a Top 15 guy.  Plug him in immediately at either OG or RT.

My spidey sense has been tingling about Slater and the Jets for a while now. He just seems like the kind of guy that Joe D would love to have. I could definitely see him being the target after a small trade down from 2.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

My spidey sense has been tingling about Slater and the Jets for a while now. He just seems like the kind of guy that Joe D would love to have. I could definitely see him being the target after a small trade down from 2.

I just can’t see the Jets going offense of line in the first round in back to back years. We have just so many other areas to address. On top of that do you really want three years from now having decide whether to pick up a fifth year option in back to back years on the lineman? And do you want to have to sign a left tackle and right tackle in back to back years to a new huge extension?

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/10/2021 at 5:14 AM, Philc1 said:

Good he can join Becton and Sewell on our OL next year 

this would be one of the smartest plays imo. You do this and draft a rb with one of the next picks and you have a team that can almost literally tell you where they are running the ball and still won't be stopped. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I just can’t see the Jets going offense of line in the first round in back to back years. We have just so many other areas to address. On top of that do you really want three years from now having decide whether to pick up a fifth year option in back to back years on the lineman? And do you want to have to sign a left tackle and right tackle in back to back years to a new huge extension?

i agree....fu*k it lets draft a bunch of whatever scrubs so we won't have to worry about them being good enough to need to sign/extend them or pick up their options. who cares about winning as long as you can always have tons of cap space 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Id put my money on the Packers center before Thuney.

I think the likelyhood of being able to draft OG's in the later rounds is better than us getting a STUD Center there so, I'd prefer Linsley as well, because McGovern could be moved over. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i agree....fu*k it lets draft a bunch of whatever scrubs so we won't have to worry about them being good enough to need to sign/extend them or pick up their options. who cares about winning as long as you can always have tons of cap space 

If you think using one of our two 3rd round picks on a OL is at "Scrub" level... that's fine. If JD thinks Sewell 2 years removed from football and no combine is going to be an All-Pro, HOF talent then go ahead. I gave you my opinion and you gave yours. Let's see how it playsw out.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

this would be one of the smartest plays imo. You do this and draft a rb with one of the next picks and you have a team that can almost literally tell you where they are running the ball and still won't be stopped. 

And you don’t necessarily have to have Sam start at qb.  The Watson/Fields/Wilson crowd they keep this straw man argument that if you aren’t in love with those guys that means Sam starts next season.  We can still draft a QB at 23 or 33 and/or sign a free agent

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Good, less wear and tear on his body so he can become all-pro for us next 4-5 years

This is my primary problem with drafting Sewell (or any other non QB 2nd overall ). The expectations are going to be through the roof on the kid. God forbid if one of the non-Lawrence QBs looks like Justin Herbert as a rookie. 

You think a kid who has played a season and half of college football is really destined to become an all-pro for the next four or five years? That might be what would need to happen for the pick to workout if one of the QBs they pass on turns out to be the real deal. It’s incredibly unrealistic!

The plan should be simple. Draft a QB or trade down to a team that wants a QB. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

This is my primary problem with drafting Sewell (or any other non QB 2nd overall ). The expectations are going to be through the roof on the kid. God forbid if one of the non-Lawrence QBs looks like Justin Herbert as a rookie. 

You think a kid who has played a season and half of college football is really destined to become an all-pro for the next four or five years? That might be what would need to happen for the pick to workout if one of the QBs they pass on turns out to be the real deal. It’s incredibly unrealistic!

The plan should be simple. Draft a QB or trade down to a team that wants a QB. 

The expectations on 2 pick are going to be huge no matter what 

Sewell will be an all pro right away he has the highest pff lineman grade of all time. He is talented and will meet expectations 

These qbs are going to be mauled as rookies