Should Shaq Barrett be our #1 free agency target?

Pointdexter

Hard pass on Shaq.  He’s good, but way overrated, and would cost a fortune.  He also had a down season from last year.

In fact the real monster on that line is Vita Vea.  When he was hurt, Shaq and JPP looked average and they were barely getting to the qb.  Vea comes back, and the sacks become routine.

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Absolutely not. You don't go after a FA because he had a good SB (1 tackle 1 sack). Teams that have done that have been burned over and over. He had 7 sacks this season. I wouldn't call him a FA priority. He's also 28.

He's been a beast for two seasons now and just dominated the playoffs. He's not leaving Tampa and neither is Godwin, but damn give these guys their due. The Jets havent had anyone near Barrett since Abraham.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's been a beast for two seasons now and just dominated the playoffs. He's not leaving Tampa and neither is Godwin, but damn give these guys their due. The Jets havent had anyone near Barrett since Abraham.

I don't see many Tampa games. I just see stats after the fact. 7 sacks on the years seems like J Jenkins numbers. Maybe he's a terror applying pressure and simply not getting the sacks.

Just now, DoubleDecker said:

Barrett  was quoted saying that he would be back with the Bucs in an ESPN article today.  Looks like that dream is dead and gone.  I won't lose sleep if the Jets prioritize shoring up the offense at the expense of Shaq Barrett.

I love drafting offensive skill players but the Jets  lack of using resources on attempting to

acquire an edge rusher is criminal

i

i

18 hours ago, extmenace said:

Unless he gets market setting offers? If someone offers him a 100 mill contract, the Bucs will have to let him walk. This cap situation will be interesting because in a normal off season, he’d be getting that kind of an offer.

Like someone said earlier they can franchise tag him.  Bucs only have one more year left in their window anyway

Brady, Gronk, Arians are all probably retired after next season