Leon Washington is back!

41 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Not only did I love the hit, but it made me sad to think that Brad Smith was the ideal RPO QB, just a decade too early.

• First player in Division I-A history to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in career.
  • First player in Division I-A history to pass for 2,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in a season twice in a career.
  • Second player in Division I-A history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards in a season.

And an Academic All-American to boot. Never thought he got a chance to really be the QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Not only did I love the hit, but it made me sad to think that Brad Smith was the ideal RPO QB, just a decade too early.

• First player in Division I-A history to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in career.
  • First player in Division I-A history to pass for 2,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in a season twice in a career.
  • Second player in Division I-A history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards in a season.

And an Academic All-American to boot. Never thought he got a chance to really be the QB.

Timing Is Everything GIF by Australian Survivor

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yocousinvinny said:

Low key hire but hits me in the feels. Good for Leon. 

F*cling ay buddy! My sentiments EXACTLY. Leon Washington was an ELECTRIC player for the Jets. He will INSTANTLY gain the players undivided attention given his very impressive accomplishments on the field. Hiring LEON might very well be an enormous under the radar hire!

• Upvote 2

Kinda weird that the Jets have announced Leon has been hired, but still haven't announced that Boyer is back or confirmed the hires of the Safeties, CB, LB coaches or Assistant ST coordinator. We have heard who these guys are through the media, but the Jets haven't announced them yet.

19 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Kinda weird that the Jets have announced Leon has been hired, but still haven't announced that Boyer is back or confirmed the hires of the Safeties, CB, LB coaches or Assistant ST coordinator. We have heard who these guys are through the media, but the Jets haven't announced them yet.

Well that would be kind of like your new boss announcing that we haven’t sacked you 

28 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Well that would be kind of like your new boss announcing that we haven’t sacked you 

The S, CB and LB coaches are all new, but haven't been announced.

Boyer and the new Assistant ST coordinator aren't listed with the coaches on the Jets website and neither are those new guys.

But Washington, who just got hired, is already on there.

It's just odd.

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I assume his wife approved??:getgreen:

4 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

He was on the Lions staff.

4 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I forgot about her! She was a real pain in the A**

I guess being stuck in Detroit didnt please her.  SHe called this place Hell, IIRC.  Hey, maybe he has a new wife!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Man, love to hear this. He was a phenomenal return man for us and little things like having one foot out of bounds while touching the kickoff with one foot inbounds to cause a penalty was really heady stuff.

I never knew this rule until Leon Washington did that.  I was impressed with how smart the guy was, and as you said, Heady!  A good word for Leon.  He had a big heart, and always had a smile on his face. The Jets need more players like Leon Washington!

• Upvote 2