NFL rumors: Texans apparently won’t trade Deshaun Watson to Eagles for Carson Wentz — and would only do a deal with Jets

Bronx

2 hours ago, BugZy said:

Just let him sit out a year and sign him next year ala Bell (could we do that?). Of course that would mean another year with Darnold. I could handle one more year of Darnold if the trad-off is Watson.

Sign him?  What?  lol.  Not only would his contract not advance if he sits out the full season, his contract as it stands doesn't expire until after the 2025 season.  

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Just what I have been saying, we make this deal (with some of the asks being tossed around) and we become houston and they become us.

thats only if JD sucks at his job. 

all of these teams with great QBs draft at the end of each round. and they find enough talent to win. and JD either way will have to find it in rds 2-7 or we will never be good. 

im not religious but this almost seems like Divine intervention. what are the chances that the year the #3 QB in the NFL at age 25, could be available and we have 4 number 1 draft picks. its like were getting a 2nd chance after messing up getting Trevor. all these pieces are in place. all JD has to do is make it happened. and not get out bided. 

if we mess this up we will never get this opportunity again

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No you missed this was already posted dude/dudette. 

giphy.gif

My bad, "Mr. Offical"(you meant official) thread starter. BTW, I didn't realize that you were @Maxman right hand with the this type of authority. 

You need to stop trolling  threads, if you don't like it, don't click it. 

Screenshot_20210211-040609.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Why? If Houston is unrealistic and asking for the 2 plus a ton of other picks, why should that be part of any comparison? Or Miami's 3rd? There's no link if Houston never trades Watson. 

We don’t know the asking price. Do you not trust the GM to know a good deal from a bad one?

5 hours ago, STLuLu said:

No but what good would it do to have Watson and a bunch of scrubs? We already know what that looks like...the Texans.  

Why would it be Watson and scrubs? Do you not trust JD to draft well and bring in solid free agents if acquiring a top 5 QB?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Zero chance they trade Watson to a division rival and face him twice a year for the next 10 years

I get all of that, but if Jags come calling with Trevor lawerence and then some, and Watson really will sit out, it might end up being the best face value package just because of the hype around lawerence. 

The Texans GM can sell it as, We tried our best but DW didn’t want to be here anymore so we swapped him for a “generational, can’t miss, consensus top pick” in Lawerence with more draft capital coming back our way, not to mention freed up a tremendous amount of room on the Cap. 

Now I know this definitely isn’t happening, but I feel like that’s the only trade that will not make the Texans look like a terribly run organization that just lost a 25 year old pro bowler FQB. And it’s only because of all the hype behind TL

And?  So this Houston is launching a trial balloon so people will read his column. He knows the jets have the draft capital and may also be thinking qwill will be thrown in.  But what if Jax offers the no 1 pick?  Houston can get Lawrence and Watson goes to a team closer to home.  Could be something to this scenario.

8 hours ago, STLuLu said:

No but what good would it do to have Watson and a bunch of scrubs? We already know what that looks like...the Texans.  

And why do people keep saying this?  Why do we have to stop with Watson?  We're not using the rest of our picks and not spending the 90 or so million we've been waiting to go shopping with this off season?  

Nothing more than a scare tactic

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Larz said:

They obviously feel like the jets have the ammo for the Texans to move Watson and then rebuild 

Which begs the question 

why not use that ammo to rebuild the jets?

By trading Watson to the Jets he rots in hell for the rest of his career and they can get back to building through a prayer circle.  The move on from Watson isn't based on the draft.  

Houston isn't rebuilding they are purging infidels from their roster.  

11 hours ago, Larz said:

They obviously feel like the jets have the ammo for the Texans to move Watson and then rebuild 

Which begs the question 

why not use that ammo to rebuild the jets?

Because wes can do both - get Watson AND build around him. We have the cap space and extra picks to do it. Tell me a better way to rebuild than locking down the most important position on the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I get all of that, but if Jags come calling with Trevor lawerence and then some, and Watson really will sit out, it might end up being the best face value package just because of the hype around lawerence. 

The Texans GM can sell it as, We tried our best but DW didn’t want to be here anymore so we swapped him for a “generational, can’t miss, consensus top pick” in Lawerence with more draft capital coming back our way, not to mention freed up a tremendous amount of room on the Cap. 

Now I know this definitely isn’t happening, but I feel like that’s the only trade that will not make the Texans look like a terribly run organization that just lost a 25 year old pro bowler FQB. And it’s only because of all the hype behind TL

Watson could easily block a trade to Jacksonville.

No, I can’t see any scenario where he ends up a Jaguar. It would be in Houston’s best interests to settle for the 2nd best QB in the class than have to face Watson 2x a year. Lawrence would have to end up the best QB in the league not named Pat Mahomes to justify a move like that.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think we can draft someone that can win 4 games. 

that was ONE season!!!!

he went 10-6, and 11-5 in the previous seasons. and 3-3 in his rookie season.  and despite going 4-12 he still has a career record of 28-25. and he went to the Pro bowl the last 3 years.

the last 2 Jet QBs to go to the pro bowl was Favre and Testaverde....and we didn't draft them. Q Brien had 2 , the last in 1991, and of course Namath had 5 including 3 in a row.

so yeah if thats all you want im sure we can draft someone who can win 4 games. but if you want to stop rooting for a losing team we make this trade.

but i guess we could have drafted a 3 time pro bowler in his first 4 years, 33 TDs and almost 5,000 yds. but we chose not to for 52 years. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just think!  With all that draft capital, there's like a 2 % chance the Jets could some day draft the NEXT Deshaun Watson!

You're funny, at how well you supported JD when he was hired, but now are worried he can't get the job done. I on the other hand unless he becomes stupid all of a sudden I believe he will give Houston the deal he wants which I also believe they won't take. @GREENBEAN has the best take of all in my opinion.

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

You're funny, at how well you supported JD when he was hired, but now are worried he can't get the job done. I on the other hand unless he becomes stupid all of a sudden I believe he will give Houston the deal he wants which I also believe they won't take. @GREENBEAN has the best take of all in my opinion.

No matter how good a GM is, the 50+ % failure rate is applicable.  Especially at QB.  I can't imagine how any Jets fan is so much more willing to roll those dice again at QB over acquiring a sure thing, even at a high cost.  Historically for the league and especially in the Jets' history, drafting a QB comes with incredibly high risk. 

Personally I'm a believer in Justin Fields but I'd throw him away plus other high picks in a heartbeat for a lock elite franchise QB entering his prime.  Fields is merely my plan B.  But with all the rumors about Wilson floating around, it seems more likely he's a plan C for the Jets, which scares me.  I prefer Fields to Wilson.

It is because I am a JD supporter that you should be wondering why I want to give up draft capital for Watson so badly and re-think your position!

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

I also agree wholeheartedly with my take. I've been really impressive of late hahaha. :)

• Haha 1