Stat Based NFL Comps: Zach Wilson vs Justin Fields

Shockwave

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I could have sworn it was Daniel Jermiah he was tight with and very glad this didnt happen because Todd McShay is a literal ******* moron.

Taking out all these analytics, watching Wilson I just don't see his play in college translate to the NFL. Doesn't move the needle at all. Don't see anything special. What am I missing?
From what I've seen, he has all day to throw, receivers are either wide open or winning 50/50 balls. And I don't see the athleticism. 
Please enlighten me. Where are the throws and skills that will translate.

All you’re missing is the fact this is an absolutely dreadful QB class, but because we need one so badly people want to throw away our #2 overall pick at them. I wouldn’t use a pick higher than a 3rd rounder on any of them except for Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Wilson's injury history is a legit concern. 

Justin Fields is alittle different then Haskins but drafting a Ohio state QB is super concerning. I love Fields character and physical make up but he screams bust to me. 

Wilson’s shoulder problems aren’t just going to affect availability they will affect his throwing mechanics and velocity.  That’s what happened with Pennington he was never a great thrower at Marshall but the shoulder injuries wrecked his mechanics and ability to throw past 10 yards

Pennington went from throwing deep quite often to Randy Moss at Marshall to not being able to throw at all as a Jet

Same exact thing is going to happen to Wilson

17 hours ago, JiF said:

I could have sworn it was Daniel Jermiah he was tight with and very glad this didnt happen because Todd McShay is a literal ******* moron.

He is tight with both. He and McShay went to school together. Jeremiah and Douglas worked together in Baltimore. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:03 PM, NamathToCaster said:

I pick Fields.  He had his mid section blown away against Clemson,  took a couple of injections in the tent and went out and zipped it all over the field.  The following game against Alabama,  I am pretty sure he could barely turn his torso but he gave it his best.  Wilson seems like another entitled Darnold type who is in to himself and more concerned about his hair.  

Spot on.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Reading these threads is like watching a car crash unfold in slow motion 

So many Jets fans knew the Zach pick was terrible even before the pro day 

It really was a bo Callahan situation no one went to his birthday party. Zach wilson didn't even command the huddle in byu. And we joked about it. 

For all the progress they have made lately it's poor judgment like taking Zach wilson that ultimately keeps this franchise a laughing stock

You can't miss on the 2 pick without facing serious consequences 

Airbrushed Jimmy Clausen I called him before the draft 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

So competition matters? @maury77 @Paradis and I got gaslit for literally an entire freaking draft season about how Zach Wilson despite playing trash competition was somehow already better than Mahomes. And that moron Simms somehow knew everything cause he made some outlandish proclamation about mahomes. The NFL draft is a data driven process based on probabilities but everyone would rather go with their feelings and "gut" than doing the boring stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Reading these threads is like watching a car crash unfold in slow motion 

So many Jets fans knew the Zach pick was terrible even before the pro day 

It really was a bo Callahan situation no one went to his birthday party. Zach wilson didn't even command the huddle in byu. And we joked about it. 

For all the progress they have made lately it's poor judgment like taking Zach wilson that ultimately keeps this franchise a laughing stock

You can't miss on the 2 pick without facing serious consequences 

Not only before the draft but also when Zach got hurt and everyone including Josh Johnson was throwing for 300 yards...it was obvious we had major problems then when Zach was throwing balls into the ground and running around in circles....people really got angry if you pointed those things out. lol

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, TheMo said:

So competition matters? @maury77 @Paradis and I got gaslit for literally an entire freaking draft season about how Zach Wilson despite playing trash competition was somehow already better than Mahomes. And that moron Simms somehow knew everything cause he made some outlandish proclamation about mahomes. The NFL draft is a data driven process based on probabilities but everyone would rather go with their feelings and "gut" than doing the boring stuff. 

Feelings won the war against facts long ago. Makes me cringe whenever someone talks about “my truth.”

• Upvote 2