Place Kicker wanted

LSJF

At what point do the Jets take this position seriously ? It's like we have a new one every year and they blow...I grew up watching Pat Leahy and he kicked for years,  John Hall, Nick Folk was cool, other than that suckage... We need a solid kicker, overlooked as far as importance by Starbucks Macagnan, plus the  bozos last year brought in by JD(I'll give him a pass for last year)...My question should we draft a kicker? instead of taking someone else trash?

lucy-football.jpg

20 minutes ago, LSJF said:

At what point do the Jets take this position seriously ? It's like we have a new one every year and they blow...I grew up watching Pat Leahy and he kicked for years,  John Hall, Nick Folk was cool, other than that suckage... We need a solid kicker, overlooked as far as importance by Starbucks Macagnan, plus the  bozos last year brought in by JD(I'll give him a pass for last year)...My question should we draft a kicker? instead of taking someone else trash?

lucy-football.jpg

Well we had one.  We let him leave as a FA.  He went 24/24 in FGs this season but he did miss 4 XPs so obviously he's trash and Macc was right.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LSJF said:

lucy-football.jpg

How many kickers have the patriots had over the past 25 seasons?

Jason Myers, Nick Folk - all fine and good kickers.  Even Andre Roberts as an above average returner.  Just start keeping these decent guys when you get a good one.  I don't care if it's a rookie but I'd prefer a veteran - they pop loose all the time.  Sign one for like 3 years so this revolving door stops - it's really NOT that hard to get and keep a decent Kicker. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Jason Myers, Nick Folk - all fine and good kickers.  Even Andre Roberts as an above average returner.  Just start keeping these decent guys when you get a good one.  I don't care if it's a rookie but I'd prefer a veteran - they pop loose all the time.  Sign one for like 3 years so this revolving door stops - it's really NOT that hard to get and keep a decent Kicker. 

2020 NY Jets had a lot of Kicker issues. 

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How many kickers have the patriots had over the past 25 seasons?

What's funny about that is they used a mid-round pick for Gostkowski in 2006 - then billed as the deepest draft in however-many years - and that was the only really questionable pick they made, according to the Kipers & such.

Every other pick? Slobbering all over Belichick's knob as though every pick/move he made was like Rembrandt painting another masterpiece, from shrewdly trading up for Chad Jackson to the 5th round tackle with a 1st/2nd round grade. Each pick was followed with something akin to, "Well that's what makes him Bill Belichick. He's just a master at this," as though he'd just drafted another Brady with 9 of his 10 selections.

Then the dust settled, and among the ten players they drafted, not only was the best pick of the lot the kicker, but Gostkowski was the only non-bust for them in their whole 10-player draft class.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What's funny about that is they used a mid-round pick for Gostkowski in 2006 - then billed as the deepest draft in however-many years - and that was the only really questionable pick they made, according to the Kipers & such.

Every other pick? Slobbering all over Belichick's knob as though every pick/move he made was like Rembrandt painting another masterpiece, from shrewdly trading up for Chad Jackson to the 5th round tackle with a 1st/2nd round grade. Each pick was followed with something akin to, "Well that's what makes him Bill Belichick. He's just a master at this," as though he'd just drafted another Brady with 9 of his 10 selections.

Then the dust settled, and among the ten players they drafted, not only was the best pick of the lot the kicker, but Gostkowski was the only non-bust for them in their whole 10-player draft class.

Scary to think about how the Pats would have dominated the league even more if they had even average drafts during Brady's years there.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

mac literally did everything wrong after his 1st year.  What a terrible gm.

I have said this before but two things are literally true about Mac and I literally mean the literal meaning of literal

1. We could have had Barbie the 23 year intern with 36DDs that liked sweaters 2 sizes too small use a draft guide, draft value chart, and PFF grades on veterans and her decisions as GM would have been better than Mac 

2. If you TRIED to be as bad as Mac you would fail just because the laws of averages would make a few decisions come out OK. He did not seem to really understand football. 

• Upvote 3

Ryan Succop, Bucs

Succop was an exceptionally accurate kicker with the Chiefs and Titans, albeit one who seems limited in power and distance. Then he missed 10 games in 2019 and Tennessee moved on. He has somewhat stabilized a shaky kicking situation in Tampa Bay by going 24-of-26 on field goals and 38-of-41 on extra points. He does not handle kickoffs for the Bucs.

Free agent kickers. 

Nick Folk, Patriots

Since joining New England in the middle of last season, Folk is 35-of-40 on field goals and 38-of-40 on extra points. He does not handle kickoffs.

Cairo Santos, Bears

Santos replaced Succop in Kansas City, then actually filled in for him briefly with the Titans. He’s also kicked for the Bucs and of course, the Rams. He signed for under $1 million with Chicago and is 21-of-23 on field goals, 27-of-28 on extra points and even won NFC Special Teams Player of the Week once this season. He does handle kickoffs for Chicago.

Cody Parkey, Browns

Another kicker who was on the 2019 Titans. This is Parkey’s second stint with Cleveland and he’s also kicked for the Eagles, Dolphins and Bears in a short period of time. Parkey is 17-of-20 on field goals this season but he has zero attempts of 50+ yards. He is 37-of-39 on extra points and handles kickoffs for the Browns. 

Matt Prater, Lions

After eight seasons with the Broncos and seven with the Lions, the 36-year-old Prater will become a free agent in March. He is 19-of-26 on field goals this season, including 4-of-8 beyond 50 yards. He is 33-of-34 on extra points and handle some kickoff duties. He is not shy with distance but is prone to missing in the 40-49 range.

Zane Gonzalez, Cardinals

Gonzalez is 77-of-80 on extra points over the last two seasons, but he has missed five kicks in the 40-49 range for Arizona this year. He has some consistency issues and is currently sitting out with a back injury. Gonzalez does handle kickoff duties.

Stephen Gostkowski, Titans

The kicker who replaced all those kickers in Tennessee, Gostkowski is 17-of-25 for the Titans but surprisingly is 7-of-8 from 50+. That’s good news for his long distance, bad news for his short distance. Gostkowski is 39-of-41 on extra points and has done a solid job on kickoffs.

Randy Bullock, Bengals

It feels to me like Bullock has been in the NFL for ages but he’s only 31 (today is his birthday actually) and he’s been okay over four seasons in Cincinnati. Not spectacular, Bullock is 21-of-26 on field goal attempts and 24-of-25 on extra points. He has handled their kickoff duties as well.

Dustin Hopkins, Washington

He is 22-of-29 on all field goals, but only 11-of-17 from 40+ yards. Hopkins is 27-of-28 on extra points and handles kickoff duties with a lot of his going for touchbacks. 

Aldrick Rosas, Jaguars

A Pro Bowl kicker for the Giants in 2018, Rosas went a shocking 1-of-5 on kicks beyond FORTY yards in a FULL season in 2019 and New York moved on. He was recently picked up by Jacksonville and he is their FIFTH kicker of 2020. Rosas is 7-of-10 on the season and 3-of-3 on extra points, including kickoff duties.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I have said this before but two things are literally true about Mac and I literally mean the literal meaning of literal

1. We could have had Barbie the 23 year intern with 36DDs that liked sweaters 2 sizes too small use a draft guide, draft value chart, and PFF grades on veterans and her decisions as GM would have been better than Mac 

#Alert!! #ME-TOO #Mansplain #Male Priveledge #Bannable Offense

2. If you TRIED to be as bad as Mac you would fail just because the laws of averages would make a few decisions come out OK. He did not seem to really understand football. #LOL #WORD!!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

We had an all-pro kicker  (Jason Myers) but the boneheads in the front office would not pay him .

I don’t know why the kicker hasn’t been taken seriously, we have cap space....or draft one that could stick for years...hopefully JD changes that, although our kickers really blew so far under JD...

• Upvote 1