Jump to content

Colts, Washington, and Panthers reach out to Jets regarding Darnold


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not interested.

I'm keeping Sam either as Watson's developmental backup or as someone to push Wilson.  Sam will be worth the same trade value next year and, perhaps, worth more if he shows life under our new OC.

SAR I

SORE I you’ve hit rock bottom.

307EDB70-CD89-4D81-B92E-FCE9BAF7D16A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way of knowing for certain unless you get to do both in hindsight, but I don’t think so. IMO make a deal while a 3-way bidding war is ongoing, not 2 months later when the offers might lighten (or b

Tell me Matt Rhule rehabbing ex-Jet Sam Darnold into stardom is story that doesn’t write itself. Tell me. I dare you. 

Robby Anderson can't catch a break. 

Posted Images

I don’t think #8 (Carolina) is in play even with other picks included.  However if we get their second rounder and a second/third next year I would take it.  With yet another pick in the first three rounds this year and two firsts and two seconds next year, Douglas is set.

He can fill in at QB, OT, G/C, RB, CB (or two), Edge and WR and TE in free agency and the draft this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paradis said:

Tell me Matt Rhule rehabbing ex-Jet Sam Darnold into stardom is story that doesn’t write itself.

Tell me. I dare you. 

and i will have to sit here in Charlotte and watch it unfold right before my eyes 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam is not going anywhere. Good coaches are reaching out because they know he can be fixed. Unless somehow Watson becomes a reasonable trade Joe and Rob will build a solid young core that will be ready for the right QB if it's not Sam.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Sam is not going anywhere. Good coaches are reaching out because they know he can be fixed. Unless somehow Watson becomes a reasonable trade Joe and Rob will build a solid young core that will be ready for the right QB if it's not Sam.

I think their initial plan was to keep Sam...but if teams are really offering late 1’s then I think they’d trade him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s incredible how many front offices are aware of how badly we botched Sam

But those guys from very good organizations are idiots......just read all the threads here if you don't believe it.😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bingo. If Mahomes or Josh Allen were drafted here and Sam to KC or BUF, it would be like Eddie Murphy & Dan Akroyd in Trading Places.

 

 

If Allen was here he’d getting called Bryce Petty Jr

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, section314 said:

But those guys from very good organizations are idiots......just read all the threads here if you don't believe it.😁

The Jets are a sucker organization they can’t wait to steal Sam for a late rd pick

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Allen was here he’d getting called Bryce Petty Jr

The bigger question is, who do you think has a higher ceiling? Darnold? Wilson? Fields?

To me its: Wilson • Darnold ••••••••Fields

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The bigger question is, who do you think has a higher ceiling? Darnold? Wilson? Fields?

To me its: Wilson • Darnold ••••••••Fields

Sam is better than any Qb in this draft not named Trevor Lawrence 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam is better than any Qb in this draft not named Trevor Lawrence 

I do find it funny that the architect of the offense that we will be running, is considering offering up a 1st round pick for Sam...

...when his protege is coming here to run the same offense and everyone has given up on Sam. I just think Wilson‘S arm talent is too good to pass up. But Sam could thrive in this offense.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I do find it funny that the architect of the offense that we will be running, is considering offering up a 1st round pick for Sam...

...when his protege is coming here to run the same offense and everyone has given up on Sam. I just think Wilson‘S arm talent is too good to pass up. But Sam could thrive in this offense.

Sam is going to be a star for whatever team we trade him to for nothing

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam is going to be a star for whatever team we trade him to for nothing

 

Just now, bitonti said:

Everyone is happy to ship Sam out of town for a biscuit but if darnold becomes a star in Indianapolis, JD will never live it down 

I felt the same way about Victor Hobson

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The bigger question is, who do you think has a higher ceiling? Darnold? Wilson? Fields?

To me its: Wilson • Darnold ••••••••Fields

Ceiling is based on physical upside 

Zach wilson at 6'1" 210 and several torn labrum has the least physical upside of the three and its not close 

He might run a fast 40 and he might even have a good career somehow but he does not have ideal nfl qb measurements or even close 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Ceiling is based on physical upside 

Zach wilson at 6'1" 210 and several torn labrum has the least physical upside of the three and its not close 

He might run a fast 40 and he might even have a good career somehow but he does not have ideal nfl qb measurements or even close 

 

I want to agree with this.  Everything in me agrees with this.

But....Drew Brees...

Hell, I can't explain it either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Darnold to the Washington Football Team makes a lot of sense. Alex Smith would be like a qb coach for Darnold.

I would love to get a transcript of the conversation where Darnold tries to compare the trauma of his month-long sprained ankle to Alex Smith’s hockey stick broken leg.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nycdan said:

I want to agree with this.  Everything in me agrees with this.

But....Drew Brees...

Hell, I can't explain it either.

I like Drew Brees. At 34 where he actually was drafted 

No one ever advocated for Brees at 2 overall 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bingo. If Mahomes or Josh Allen were drafted here and Sam to KC or BUF, it would be like Eddie Murphy & Dan Akroyd in Trading Places.

 

 

I think there's absolute merit to this but you still can't keep him.

Sam will be traded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

I would love to get a transcript of the conversation where Darnold tries to compare the trauma of his month-long sprained ankle to Alex Smith’s hockey stick broken leg.  

Alex Smith is the human example of what happens when teams draft a qb at 1 (or 2) overall and can't protect him. If Alex Smith went 24 to green Bay may be he'd be Aaron Rodgers 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Everyone is happy to ship Sam out of town for a biscuit but if darnold becomes a star in Indianapolis, JD will never live it down 

but it'll be a hell of a lot worse for JD if he keeps Darnold and he flops.  

Let alone if any one of the other guys becomes a star.

If JD's strictly looking at personal risk - keeping him here is the much larger concern.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Alex Smith is the human example of what happens when teams draft a qb at 1 (or 2) overall and can't protect him. If Alex Smith went 24 to green Bay may be he'd be Aaron Rodgers 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t you the guy posting the stats that showed Darnold was among the league leaders in having time to throw? I believe you threw those numbers up to show that Becton is good. Can you repost? Thx

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ceiling is based on physical upside 

Zach wilson at 6'1" 210 and several torn labrum has the least physical upside of the three and its not close 

He might run a fast 40 and he might even have a good career somehow but he does not have ideal nfl qb measurements or even close 

 

Ceiling is based on projection of skill and ability, not physicality.

This isn’t American Gladiators. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rogers are the furthest things from a physical specimen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

but it'll be a hell of a lot worse for JD if he keeps Darnold and he flops.  

Let alone if any one of the other guys becomes a star.

If JD's strictly looking at personal risk - keeping him here is the much larger concern.

You've said that before. It's the opposite 

Darnold is house money for Saleh in year 1, who by the way hired an OC that runs a system tailor made for darnold 

Darnold sucking in this scenario is a referendum on Mac and Gase and JD giving the 23 year old a chance with a competent coach is due to diligence 

But If Sam Darnold somehow gets good after jd trades him that reflects on jd alone.

Especially because the franchise actually likes darnold as a human, which is more than we can say about Watson and probably Wilson too 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t you the guy posting the stats that showed Darnold was among the league leaders in having time to throw? I believe you threw those numbers up to show that Becton is good. Can you repost? Thx

That wasn't me 

Becton is good tho. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think there's absolute merit to this but you still can't keep him.

Sam will be traded.

I think it all depends in what’s being offered for Sam and for the #2 pick.

If they have Wilson/Darnold of similar projections, and someone is offering a haul for our pick...you keep Sam.

If someone is offering a late 1st or a 2nd + 3rd, you trade Sam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ceiling is based on projection of skill and ability, not physicality.

This isn’t American Gladiators. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rogers are the furthest things from a physical specimen.

3 exceptions over 20 years (and none taken with a top pick) just proves the rule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

3 exceptions over 20 years (and none taken with a top pick) just proves the rule.

Only 3 that I felt like writing. QB’s don’t have to be athletic freaks to succeed. This has always been the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...