Colts, Washington, and Panthers reach out to Jets regarding Darnold

GreekJet

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Dak Prescott are all 6’2 and under. Dak is the only one of those over 225 lbs

Yes and there's many great reasons why none of those guys went 2. Wilson didn't go until Rd 3. Prescott was a 4th Rd pick 

Im not against wilson at any price. 2 is just too high for this player 

The board wants to reach 

JD is not going to reach 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes and there's many great reasons why none of those guys went 2. Wilson didn't go until Rd 3. Prescott was a 4th Rd pick 

Im not against wilson at any price. 2 is just too high for this player 

The board wants to reach 

JD is not going to reach 

I don’t want him either, but we have to acknowledge the parameters of what makes for a good QB prospect have changed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t want him either, but we have to acknowledge the parameters of what makes for a good QB prospect have changed

Height is not the same as size. Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield are short but they have size. The labrums he tore were on tackles where he was driven into the turf. It's OK to be short but everyone has to be durable 

to reiterate. It's not that I don't want wilson. He's on the big board somewhere. I just don't want him at 2.

and more relevant I don't believe jd would make that pick at 2. If JD has to take a QB it's fields because of Jets Ohio state institutional bias and for being able to take a beating on TV.

Because that's on the menu next year, whoever the qb turns out to be. Fields has nfl gifts. Wilson has mountain west gifts.

I want Sewell at 2 but I don't get a pick. I know that's about as popular as a fart in church. Or church itself. But the idea of an elite offensive line with zero bust risk is too tempting. To pass on the leader, an instant all pro, regardless of the qb mess is internet thinking. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Everything in life is only worth what 1 person is willing to pay.

There are several teams that would take him at 2 and he will certainly be gone by 5.

So yea, hes IS worth it and it is NOT a reach

How do we know that is a fact? Because mcshay said so? Mcshay said they'd take Sewell last month and everyone called him a dummy 

Fact is we are pre combine February. Zach wilson needs to be measured poked prodded interviewed etc before he's actually a top 5 lock. 

Josh Rosen was a top 6 pick at this point in the process during Darnolds year. Teams haven't met these guys yet, except for Trevor and the senior bowl gang 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

How do we know that is a fact? Because mcshay said so? Mcshay said they'd take Sewell last month and everyone called him a dummy 

Fact is we are pre combine February. Zach wilson needs to be measured poked prodded interviewed etc before he's actually a top 5 lock. 

Josh Rosen was a top 6 pick at this point in the process during Darnolds year. Teams haven't met these guys yet, except for Trevor and the senior bowl gang 

Shouldn't that be no combine February??

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Im just saying things are worth what someone will pay. There is no other criteria.

if there are teams willing to trade up for him by draft day then he is worth the 2. End of story

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Height is not the same as size. Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield are short but they have size. The labrums he tore were on tackles where he was driven into the turf. It's OK to be short but everyone has to be durable 

to reiterate. It's not that I don't want wilson. He's on the big board somewhere. I just don't want him at 2.

and more relevant I don't believe jd would make that pick at 2. If JD has to take a QB it's fields because of Jets Ohio state institutional bias and for being able to take a beating on TV.

Because that's on the menu next year, whoever the qb turns out to be. Fields has nfl gifts. Wilson has mountain west gifts.

I want Sewell at 2 but I don't get a pick. I know that's about as popular as a fart in church. Or church itself. But the idea of an elite offensive line with zero bust risk is too tempting. To pass on the leader, an instant all pro, regardless of the qb mess is internet thinking. 

Sewell would be our best draft pick since Revis

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 2/11/2021 at 11:20 PM, jetstream23 said:

How many times is Teddy B going to join a team only to be replaced by Sam Darnold?

My goodness. That has to be a bit demoralizing. lol

Robby Anderson must be talking up Sammy Boy!

Doubt it's Sammy he'd be talking up.

"This was especially true on the right side of the field, where Robby Anderson primarily operated and McCown threw 9 of his 12 deep TDs. McCown’s deep production jump was even more substantially stark on that specific side compared to overall."

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Im just saying things are worth what someone will pay. There is no other criteria.

if there are teams willing to trade up for him by draft day then he is worth the 2. End of story

Essentially we are saying the same thing 

We won't know if wilson is worth 2 until he goes 2. Free market in action  

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

So is Sewell not worth 2 until he goes 2? 

Touche and yes 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The two QBs who just played in the Super Bowl both have the musculature of vegan pilates instructors.

The qb in the super bowl were Hercules compared to wilson 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Exclusive  reenactment  of phone calls.

TEAMS: Hey Joe, are you guys. Stupid enough to move on from sam?

JETS: NO

TEAMS: oh ok cool. Yeah that would be stupid to give him to us.

Imagine thinking moving on from a sh*tty qb id a stupid move.

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, SAR I said:

Not interested.

I'm keeping Sam either as Watson's developmental backup or as someone to push Wilson.  Sam will be worth the same trade value next year and, perhaps, worth more if he shows life under our new OC.

SAR I

Sam has no trade value next year.  

7 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Def should be its own topic one day. 

Lets say Sam is extended this offseason for a few years at Teddy Bridgewater money which is extremely affordable - and he plays well next year. Lets say Jimmy G 2019 numbers. 

He likely would be worth a-lot more than now. 

• Upvote 1

First thing is to gauge Houston's interest in Sam.  If they don't want him, and we can get a two for Sam, we should do it now.

The bidders shrink as the offseason plays out.  Wentz knocks off one of them. 

Then, come free agency, teams may sign Brissett, Tyrod and Trubisky, knocking them out.

That current offer of a two, may not reappear.

3 minutes ago, dcJet said:

First thing is to gauge Houston's interest in Sam.  If they don't want him, and we can get a two for Sam, we should do it now.

The bidders shrink as the offseason plays out.  Wentz knocks off one of them. 

Then, come free agency, teams may sign Brissett, Tyrod and Trubisky, knocking them out.

That current offer of a two, may not reappear.

Mariiotta too. 

But to go along with your idea - If Sam stays and plays well he likely would get a Stafford return next year if you wanted to move him. Perhaps more. 

Right now your trading Sam at his lowest point possible and he might get two second round picks. So what would u get if he plays well?

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Def should be its own topic one day. 

Lets say Sam is extended this offseason for a few years at Teddy Bridgewater money which is extremely affordable - and he plays well next year. Lets say Jimmy G 2019 numbers. 

He likely would be worth a-lot more than now. 

Hmm...

Give Sam $33M  guaranteed to see if he becomes our FQB or maybe fetch a better trade? 

I'll pass.  I'd rather see how he does for ~$10M this year and if he kills it, we have the inside-track to re-sign him during the season.

31 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Mariiotta too. 

But to go along with your idea - If Sam stays and plays well he likely would get a Stafford return next year if you wanted to move him. Perhaps more. 

Right now your trading Sam at his lowest point possible and he might get two second round picks. So what would u get if he plays well?

Not following.  He'd have to be signed for us to trade him next year.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Hmm...

Give Sam $33M  guaranteed to see if he becomes our FQB or maybe fetch a better trade? 

I'll pass.  I'd rather see how he does for ~$10M and if he kills it, we have the inside-track to re-sign him during the season.

We don't have to sign him this year. We can watch him play. 

Let's say he puts up 4500 yards, 30 TD's and 10 Int in this new QB friendly offense. 

Well then Sam is going to want a 4 year 135m dollar deal with 110m guaranteed or he is going into FA at a great time for him when the cap should shoot up significantly. Perhaps hell want more similar to Dak Prescott. 

Of all the QB options on the table this offseason: Wilson, Fields, Lance, Watson, etc there is only one horrific option. That is putting all your resources behind a QB in a walk year. 

For those that say: Well if he's good thats great - give him the money. Well what happens if he comes back down to earth in 2022? In the above contract (Jared Goff's) 110m was guaranteed. You're then calling the lions and offering them a first to take Sam's contract.

3 hours ago, dcJet said:

Sure he does.  The only thing hurting Sam right now is the Gase stigma.  Let's say he plays in 2021 and looks really good, let's say he thrives in the Shanahan offense.  He'll be worth more in 2022 than he is now.  Every NFL team wants a Shanahan-compatible quarterback.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sure he does.  The only thing hurting Sam right now is the Gase stigma.  Let's say he plays in 2021 and looks really good, let's say he thrives in the Shanahan offense.  He'll be worth more in 2022 than he is now.  Every NFL team wants a Shanahan-compatible quarterback.

SAR I

He's a free agent.  We can't trade him.

• Upvote 1

but it'll be a hell of a lot worse for JD if he keeps Darnold and he flops.  
Let alone if any one of the other guys becomes a star.
If JD's strictly looking at personal risk - keeping him here is the much larger concern.

Punting to next year when the QB’s available in the late 1st/2nd round will undoubtedly be better than any QB in this draft not named Trevor Lawrence has absolutely no repercussions for JD. He doesn’t have to marry Darnold, just ride him out one more season for better options. Drafting sh*tty QB’s is bad. Drafting sh*tty QB’s at 2 overall is a career killer.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app