Sam Darnold's Trade Value

Maxman

Sam Darnold's Trade Value

It is time to talk about Sam Darnold and what his trade value might be. GreenBean is back, sitting pool side, in the heat of Florida.

Some want to keep Sam and build up the support system around him. He never had a quarterback coach and playing under Adam Gase is an occupational hazard. The team could use the draft capital and build the roster.

Others feel it is time to move on because he hasn’t played well and the Jets have to make a decision on his 5th year option. Now there are rumblings that the Jets could get a 1st round pick if they decide to trade Darnold.

Who are the teams that could be interested? What other events around the league will impact the Jets options if they go the trade route?

Watch the video as we break it all down, and let us know if you think the Jets should trade Sam Darnold in our forums.

The post Sam Darnold’s Trade Value appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
eScE8J4gyUU

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3

Nice video Mr. Greenbean

Im not surprised that teams find Darnold to be an intriguing prospect and the teams you mention all have QB needs.  
But Darnolds best feature is that they can acquire a young QB with potential and test drive him prior to a long term commitment, and at a reasonable draft and salary cap price.   That might make him more attractive in this year of decreasing salary cap.

Darnolds worst feature beyond his play is that he gets pretty pricey the following year.   So I don’t see a team trading assets and paying him starting QB money to be a back up for a year. The Steelers, Cowboys, New Orleans all have bad cap issues, so unless Big Ben or Brees retire, or the Cowboys decide to move on from Dak, it’s hard for me so see how or why they’d go that way.   Indy makes some sense especially with Rivers retiring and Reich there. I can’t see Carolina trading the 8 th pick for him regardless of what they got back, unless possibly  it was pick 23 and more.   Chicago has a similar Qb situation with Trubisky-why would they expect Darnold to improve over his results?

I do see value for him in a trade with Houston for Watson, especially if the league values him as much as your video suggests, but that’s another video.

• Upvote 1