Trevor Lawrence Pro Day is today, Joe Douglas in attendance

Rhg1084

I still like the scenario of a 3-way trade that lands Watson in JAX, TL in NY and #2 in HOU with whatever accessory picks are needed to make it happen.  Super long shot, but if Meyer prefers Watson (experienced vet) to a rookie, and HOU prefers #2 with more picks to just TL, then it could all somehow balance out.

Hey, a man can dream.

• Haha 1

Better to be safe than sorry.  As unlikely as it may seem, a lot of weird crap happens over the course of the time between the season ending and the draft, with players flying all up and down the boards.  While I certainly wouldn't bet on it, there is the slim possibility of the Jags suddenly falling in love with Wilson, picking him, and Lawrence sitting there on the board, at which point the Jets sure as hell better know whether he is their guy, or will be ready to start a trade-down bidding war.  After all, things like that have happened in the draft before.

Not to say that's how I think any of this would/should go down, but considering all possibilities is the type of mindset your GM needs to have.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

the others brought a coach. JD brought his assistant GM. i wonder what that says about us

It says that the Jets are staying with Darnold, and looking at today as a business trip, in las TL is somehow on the table after the first pick.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Better to be safe than sorry.  As unlikely as it may seem, a lot of weird crap happens over the course of the time between the season ending at the draft, with players flying all up and down the boards.  While I certainly wouldn't bet on it, there is the slim possibility of the Jags suddenly falling in love with Wilson, picking him, and Lawrence sitting there on the board, at which point the Jets sure as hell better know whether he is their guy, or will be ready to start a trade-down bidding war.  After all, things like that have happened in the draft before.

Not to say that's how I think any of this would/should go down, but considering all possibilities is the type of mindset your GM needs to have.

Don’t most teams negotiate with the 1st pick prior to drafting them? I know the rookie pay scale applies but they are allowed to correct? Hope they show their hand. 

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Don’t most teams negotiate with the 1st pick prior to drafting them? I know the rookie pay scale applies but they are allowed to correct? Hope they show their hand. 

They can, but there is very little reason to.   The rookie wages are basically set already.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Savage69 said:

And the lie lives on he went back to school because the Tuna wouldn't guarantee he would take him with the 1st pick. 

Call it what you want. That son of a bitch not only went back to school. He is the reason we hired Gase. He's an evil SOB who has a disgusting hobby of pleasuring himself torturing Jets fans

• Haha 1

I mean he throws a really nice, pro ready ball.  High velocity, perfect spiral, very catchable and wr friendly where he takes some zip off it to make it easier on the short stuff.  Easy and fluid motion.  I mean it’s all pretty textbook.

But I mean, Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold had all of that as well, so take it for what you will.  

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes all the play’s scripted at Pro day and rehearsed. Combine is real-time with different WR and a coach running at u

Also you get to see QBs throw one after another and side by side compare.

The big thing before the combine the one year was Deshuan watson 'low velocity throws' compared to others.

Then at the combine he threw just as crisply as anyone else and much more accurate.  Right then and there that one criticism was put to bed.  Meanwhile davis webb with the big arm could not hit the broad side of a barn.