Trevor Lawrence Pro Day is today, Joe Douglas in attendance

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I still like the scenario of a 3-way trade that lands Watson in JAX, TL in NY and #2 in HOU with whatever accessory picks are needed to make it happen.  Super long shot, but if Meyer prefers Watson (experienced vet) to a rookie, and HOU prefers #2 with more picks to just TL, then it could all somehow balance out.

Hey, a man can dream.

lol what?  If the end result of this is that Houston gets the # 2 pick, why would they send Watson to the Jaguars instead of just trading him directly to the Jets?  So they'd miss out on Lawrence AND watch Watson dominate them 2x a year for the next decade?  I mean, I guess if McNair and Easterby are masochists (not entirely far fetched) this makes sense....

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  If the end result of this is that Houston gets the # 2 pick, why would they send Watson to the Jaguars instead of just trading him directly to the Jets?  So they'd miss out on Lawrence AND watch Watson dominate them 2x a year for the next decade?  I mean, I guess if McNair and Easterby are masochists (not entirely far fetched) this makes sense....

It's a fantasy scenario for sure.

It's really two separate trades.  Let's say Urban would rather have Watson than TL and they swing that trade.  HOU would get #1 plus something we'll assume is modest on top of it.  Now let's say HOU decides they really need to rebuild a number of positions (which they do) and thinks Wilson/Fields plus another 1st and 3rd round pick would be more valuable to them than just Trevor.  With them, who knows....probably depends on whether Trevor is devout enough for Easterby.

That's the only thing that could open the door to this scenario.  Then it's a question of whether the Jets would find the other side of that trade with HOU attractive enough.  Me?  I might offer #2 plus both SEA picks to get Trevor.  Some here would jump at that and others would probably be vehemently against it.  

Not like we have much else to talk about for the next few weeks.

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's a fantasy scenario for sure.

It's really two separate trades.  Let's say Urban would rather have Watson than TL and they swing that trade.  HOU would get #1 plus something we'll assume is modest on top of it.  Now let's say HOU decides they really need to rebuild a number of positions (which they do) and thinks Wilson/Fields plus another 1st and 3rd round pick would be more valuable to them than just Trevor.  With them, who knows....probably depends on whether Trevor is devout enough for Easterby.

That's the only thing that could open the door to this scenario.  Then it's a question of whether the Jets would find the other side of that trade with HOU attractive enough.  Me?  I might offer #2 plus both SEA picks to get Trevor.  Some here would jump at that and others would probably be vehemently against it.  

Not like we have much else to talk about for the next few weeks.

Houston is certainly dumb enough to do just about anything and it wouldn't surprise me.  And I appreciate the creativity.  It's just an awful lot of mental gymnastics to get Lawrence here, when Watson would be the superior option.  If Watson really is on the block,  just go get Watson.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG!

This is the exact opposite of what actually happened.  People have to stop with this narrative. 

He went back to school because Bill Parcells wouldn't promise to take him.  Archie wanted Peyton to play for BP/Jets.  Parcels knew he wasn't sticking around long and didn't want to break in a new QB.

Exactly! The reason why we didn't get Peyton Manning and Bill Bellicheck is because of Parcells. He did more harm than good to this organization in the long run. Think about it, he kept one of the greatest QBs of all time and THE greatest coach of all time from the Jets because of his arrogance.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Exactly! The reason why we didn't get Peyton Manning and Bill Bellicheck is because of Parcells. He did more harm than good to this organization in the long run. Think about it, he kept one of the greatest QBs of all time and THE greatest coach of all time from the Jets because of his arrogance.

This is all a lie

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It means Rex Hogan won the office pool for a winter trip to South Carolina and a fine steak dinner with his boss.

The coaches moving from West Coast to East Coast with families. If TL there it’s a no brainer. Meeting with Atlanta or Carolina or Texans (if they were there) is very important 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

3 years of Sam Darnold as a starter. 

Wins 13 

Losses 25 

If we trade down, we acquire moe talent, then we would be able to do drafting a QB. If Darnold takes a big step forward with a new staff and more talent. Fantastic. If he doesn't, we draft a QB in 2022. A lot of QB talent will be in that draft. Unless we expect a super bowl run with Wilson in his rookie year. I think it's a much more sober approach, and makes the most sense.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

If we trade down, we acquire moe talent, then we would be able to do drafting a QB. If Darnold takes a big step forward with a new staff and more talent. Fantastic. If he doesn't, we draft a QB in 2022. A lot of QB talent will be in that draft. Unless we expect a super bowl run with Wilson in his rookie year. I think it's a much more sober approach, and makes the most sense.  

4 years of suckage are the NY Jets willing to take that chance.  

Nothing has improved he has actually regressed. 

I root like hell for Sam Darnold I just dont see anything positive. 

Imagine if we were set at QB and Sam Darnold was the franchise QB this could be a helluva draft to surround him with talent. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

4 years of suckage are the NY Jets willing to take that chance.  

Nothing has improved he has actually regressed. 

I root like hell for Sam Darnold I just dont see anything positive. 

Imagine if we were set at QB and Sam Darnold was the franchise QB this could be a helluva draft to surround him with talent. 

What chance. We trade down, get as many picks as possible, and draft a QB, next year. What's the rush. We're not a playoff team, next year. 

• Upvote 1