Jump to content

Trevor Lawrence Pro Day is today, Joe Douglas in attendance


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I know why. 

And it’s not Etienne. You’re about to find out in the draft forum. 

Or before he likes retired players. 

JD re-signs out of retirement former NY Jets draft pick WR Charone Peak 

Or drafts 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may also give Joe D a chance to talk to other interested parties in person about a trade for the #2 pick.

And the lie lives on he went back to school because the Tuna wouldn't guarantee he would take him with the 1st pick. 

OMG! This is the exact opposite of what actually happened.  People have to stop with this narrative.  He went back to school because Bill Parcells wouldn't promise to take him.  Archie wante

Posted Images

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I still like the scenario of a 3-way trade that lands Watson in JAX, TL in NY and #2 in HOU with whatever accessory picks are needed to make it happen.  Super long shot, but if Meyer prefers Watson (experienced vet) to a rookie, and HOU prefers #2 with more picks to just TL, then it could all somehow balance out.

Hey, a man can dream.

lol what?  If the end result of this is that Houston gets the # 2 pick, why would they send Watson to the Jaguars instead of just trading him directly to the Jets?  So they'd miss out on Lawrence AND watch Watson dominate them 2x a year for the next decade?  I mean, I guess if McNair and Easterby are masochists (not entirely far fetched) this makes sense....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  If the end result of this is that Houston gets the # 2 pick, why would they send Watson to the Jaguars instead of just trading him directly to the Jets?  So they'd miss out on Lawrence AND watch Watson dominate them 2x a year for the next decade?  I mean, I guess if McNair and Easterby are masochists (not entirely far fetched) this makes sense....

It's a fantasy scenario for sure.

It's really two separate trades.  Let's say Urban would rather have Watson than TL and they swing that trade.  HOU would get #1 plus something we'll assume is modest on top of it.  Now let's say HOU decides they really need to rebuild a number of positions (which they do) and thinks Wilson/Fields plus another 1st and 3rd round pick would be more valuable to them than just Trevor.  With them, who knows....probably depends on whether Trevor is devout enough for Easterby.

That's the only thing that could open the door to this scenario.  Then it's a question of whether the Jets would find the other side of that trade with HOU attractive enough.  Me?  I might offer #2 plus both SEA picks to get Trevor.  Some here would jump at that and others would probably be vehemently against it.  

Not like we have much else to talk about for the next few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's a fantasy scenario for sure.

It's really two separate trades.  Let's say Urban would rather have Watson than TL and they swing that trade.  HOU would get #1 plus something we'll assume is modest on top of it.  Now let's say HOU decides they really need to rebuild a number of positions (which they do) and thinks Wilson/Fields plus another 1st and 3rd round pick would be more valuable to them than just Trevor.  With them, who knows....probably depends on whether Trevor is devout enough for Easterby.

That's the only thing that could open the door to this scenario.  Then it's a question of whether the Jets would find the other side of that trade with HOU attractive enough.  Me?  I might offer #2 plus both SEA picks to get Trevor.  Some here would jump at that and others would probably be vehemently against it.  

Not like we have much else to talk about for the next few weeks.

 

Houston is certainly dumb enough to do just about anything and it wouldn't surprise me.  And I appreciate the creativity.  It's just an awful lot of mental gymnastics to get Lawrence here, when Watson would be the superior option.  If Watson really is on the block,  just go get Watson.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG!

This is the exact opposite of what actually happened.  People have to stop with this narrative. 

He went back to school because Bill Parcells wouldn't promise to take him.  Archie wanted Peyton to play for BP/Jets.  Parcels knew he wasn't sticking around long and didn't want to break in a new QB.

Exactly! The reason why we didn't get Peyton Manning and Bill Bellicheck is because of Parcells. He did more harm than good to this organization in the long run. Think about it, he kept one of the greatest QBs of all time and THE greatest coach of all time from the Jets because of his arrogance.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This what JD is checking out. It’s one of the better kept secrets in the draft. 

he’s my top 10 and I think you’ll find others wil say the same in a months time when they catch up 😎

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Exactly! The reason why we didn't get Peyton Manning and Bill Bellicheck is because of Parcells. He did more harm than good to this organization in the long run. Think about it, he kept one of the greatest QBs of all time and THE greatest coach of all time from the Jets because of his arrogance.

This is all a lie

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I know why. 

It’s not whose throwing the ball. It’s who he’s throwing to. More on that in the draft forum tonight 

or to nudge the Texans about a certain player under contract that may play QB

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This what JD is checking out. It’s one of the better kept secrets in the draft. 

he’s my top 10 and I think you’ll find others wil say the same in a months time when they catch up 😎

Cornell Powell?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Cornell Powell?

The kid is one tough SOB, you can tell he loves football. He needs more work on his hands but I would LOVE for him to be a Jet.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It means Rex Hogan won the office pool for a winter trip to South Carolina and a fine steak dinner with his boss.

The coaches moving from West Coast to East Coast with families. If TL there it’s a no brainer. Meeting with Atlanta or Carolina or Texans (if they were there) is very important 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some are saying there will be a narrative out there by draft time that Zach Wilson will be better than Trevor Lawrence. 

If and when this narrative comes out I am absolutely fine trading a high pick and swoopping in for Trevor if Urban has a weak moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

So are all of these schools doing pro days? Think we'll know the Texans plans if they show up at OSU or BYUs pro day...

Wilson is going 2. 

If they show up to his Pro Day we are getting Watson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, doitny said:

the others brought a coach. JD brought his assistant GM. i wonder what that says about us

The coach is back at Florham Park watching film of Sam Darnold and popping Xanax by the handful. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Wilson is going 2. 

If they show up to his Pro Day we are getting Watson. 

Jet's aren't drafting a QB, Shockwave. It' makes no sense.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

QB pro  day workouts are almost totally worthless imo.

Combine throwing is more important.

I agree.  This is kinda like watching a golfer at the driving range and trying to figure out how good he'd be on the PGA Tour.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

3 years of Sam Darnold as a starter. 

Wins 13 

Losses 25 

If we trade down, we acquire moe talent, then we would be able to do drafting a QB. If Darnold takes a big step forward with a new staff and more talent. Fantastic. If he doesn't, we draft a QB in 2022. A lot of QB talent will be in that draft. Unless we expect a super bowl run with Wilson in his rookie year. I think it's a much more sober approach, and makes the most sense.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, genot said:

If we trade down, we acquire moe talent, then we would be able to do drafting a QB. If Darnold takes a big step forward with a new staff and more talent. Fantastic. If he doesn't, we draft a QB in 2022. A lot of QB talent will be in that draft. Unless we expect a super bowl run with Wilson in his rookie year. I think it's a much more sober approach, and makes the most sense.  

4 years of suckage are the NY Jets willing to take that chance.  

Nothing has improved he has actually regressed. 

I root like hell for Sam Darnold I just dont see anything positive. 

Imagine if we were set at QB and Sam Darnold was the franchise QB this could be a helluva draft to surround him with talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

4 years of suckage are the NY Jets willing to take that chance.  

Nothing has improved he has actually regressed. 

I root like hell for Sam Darnold I just dont see anything positive. 

Imagine if we were set at QB and Sam Darnold was the franchise QB this could be a helluva draft to surround him with talent. 

What chance. We trade down, get as many picks as possible, and draft a QB, next year. What's the rush. We're not a playoff team, next year. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...