Trevor Lawrence Pro Day is today, Joe Douglas in attendance

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The chance of the QB sucking again in year 4. 

Who cares. We're not going to compete with Buffalo or Miami next year. Let's gobble up as many picks as we can. So if we draft a QB, in 22, he'll be drafted into a helluva lot better situation than Sam was.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Paradis said:

This what JD is checking out. It’s one of the better kept secrets in the draft. 

he’s my top 10 and I think you’ll find others wil say the same in a months time when they catch up ?

What’s funny about Powell is the if not for the the injuries to Ross, Ngata and Ladson, we probably never see Powell on the field.  Powell is a tough kid, and can do a lot.  He doesn’t have any elite measurable but can function in a lot of different roles.  He’s good in traffic, can beat you deep and is twitchy enough to be a good route runner.  He’s not the typical Clemson WR prospect we’ve seen in the past when they are early entrants and just 3 years removed from high school.  He’s a 5 year guy and grinded it out until he got his chance.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

What’s funny about Powell is the if not for the the injuries to Ross, Ngata and Ladson, we probably never see Powell on the field.  Powell is a tough kid, and can do a lot.  He doesn’t have any elite measurable but can function in a lot of different roles.  He’s good in traffic, can beat you deep and is twitchy enough to be a good route runner.  He’s not the typical Clemson WR prospect we’ve seen in the past when they are early entrants and just 3 years removed from high school.  He’s a 5 year guy and grinded it out until he got his chance.  

Good to know about his history. i haven't gotten that myopic on him yet, but if you just watch him and forget the school for a moment, it's looks good. Really well rounded with enough juice and craft to get by as your #2 or 3 if needed. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, genot said:

Jet's aren't drafting a QB, Shockwave. It' makes no sense.

Wilson is going 2. But it could be via trade down. 

As mentioned I am totally fine sticking with Darnold if he's extended. I can't see anyone getting upset if we were to trade down and get a few extra first round picks. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Wilson is going 2. But it could be via trade down. 

As mentioned I am totally fine sticking with Darnold if he's extended. I can't see anyone getting upset if we were to trade down and get a few extra first round picks. 

Look at the pic (enlarge), of Wilson standing next to Fields. He's a toothpick. Im thinking if a team trades up, it might not be for a QB. A little concerned. Looking foward to those extra picks. Probably over reacting. We'll see.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 2/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, SayNoToDMC said:

Eli pulled an Eli cause daddy told him not to go to a losing franchise. Peyton went back to school for another year to avoid us. I can't imagine anyone pulling that to go to the Jets

Peyton stayed because Parcells refused to guarantee drafting him. Parcells preferred veteran QBs rather than training them.

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Allen was a good QB before Jordan Palmer. 

Bill Walsh reportedly said “you can’t reach accuracy”. Alert went from nuclear blast circular error probable- type accuracy to great accuracy in one pandemic-shortened offseason. Something happened, maybe a combination of Palmer + new talent acquisitions + improving Daboll OC command.

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Look at the pic (enlarge), of Wilson standing next to Fields. He's a toothpick. Im thinking if a team trades up, it might not be for a QB. A little concerned. Looking foward to those extra picks. Probably over reacting. We'll see.

Agree Wilson's frame is a concern but Qb's certainly always go higher then they should. 

There is def a path towards multiple trade downs for the Jets. Detroit, Carolina, Denver, Giants, SF and NE all may want QB. There is no speculation Mac Jones could go top half of round 1. There likely will many offers for all of these teams in the top 10 to move down. Just depends how low you're comfortable dropping. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I just feel like my 23 year old college senior WR should be better since he’s likely maxed out on physical ability.

Watkins is intriguing name... i've seen little bits but haven't given him his due yet. I think he looked good. Underwhelming isn't a word that surfaces in my mind at all. He's not a first round guy tho - so you're not going to see world beater highlights. 

1 hour ago, Mackman55 said:

He's worth a shot in the 5th-6th round.

total guessing game after round 3 I find after following WRs closely for 15 years... Once the consensus top 10-12 guys that everyone likes are off the board, predictability goes sideways... Teams have vastly different boards at that point and if someone likes Powell just a bit more, they tend to not wait too long. Who knows who else likes them - is what the GM is faced with figuring out. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Watkins is intriguing name... i've seen little bits but haven't given him his due yet. I think he looked good. Underwhelming isn't a word that surfaces in my mind at all. He's not a first round guy tho - so you're not going to see world beater highlights. 

My concern with Powell is that he’s gonna turn 24 in October. For wide receivers, breakout year is very important. I’m not gonna say that I wouldn’t draft Powell because he’s good enough to present value at a point, but he’s planted firmly outside of my top 10 WRs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I just feel like my 23 year old college senior WR should be better since he’s likely maxed out on physical ability.

That’s really the question with Powell, he’s been in that program for 5 years and never really carved out a role for himself until this year when a lot of the Clemson receivers got hurt.  He played this season as a 23 year old 5th year senior, he will be a 24 year old rookie.  I think what you see is what you get with Powell right now, that’s probably worth a 5th round selection IMO.