Wilson not a BYU captain

Paradis

Literally every single thing you hear right now should be taken with a grain of salt. We are smack in the middle of disinformation season. 

There is absolutely a reason this was put out there now, there is always a reason this time of year. 

This has been known since the beginning of the college football season, why bring it up now of all times?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nothingburger. 

This happend almost 30 yards back from the line of scrimmage. Not only were virtually all of his teammates halfway down the field, they were looking the other way or already running of the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

And this isn't new. It's been discussed back in December and there were many who defended him:

One of Wilson’s offensive linemen, Chandon Herring, tweeted: “I played with Zach for several years & have nothing but respect for the dude. He is entitled to nothing and works longer and harder than most to reach his goals. Don’t listen to people who haven’t trained, worked, or played with him to tell you about his character.”

Wide receiver coach Fesi Sitake added the tweet: “Someone clearly had a plan to damage Zach’s reputation. But as you look around, everyone & their dog is coming to his defense, which only increases his stock & displays his true character. So whoever that random troll is that started this, your plan has backfired. Good job.”

Weber State-bound Corner Canyon receiver Noah Kjar also came to Wilson’s defense, tweeting, “@zachkapono was my QB my freshman year, and he was the biggest example to me. He led our team all the way to the semis with a team that wasn’t nearly as good around him. He made all of us play better. He’s a great leader. These guys don’t know what they’re talking about.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

One thing to consider is on BYU, many seniors are 24/25 years old because they've been on missions.

Wilson didn't to that, he's 21, so maybe the age is a factor in not being a captain.  Regardless, he's no Josh Rosen.  He's a much better talent.

This is all that really needs to be said. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Also former Jets scout says--

I’m more of a Fields guy but there’s a reason this guy is an ex scout.  There is no way on earth I see an arm that lacks strength or see duck passes.  

That said I like Fields.  Both have to learn how to go through their progressions but the long ball, the athleticism Fields brings to the table is hard complain about 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1