Wilson not a BYU captain

Paradis

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DB's don't close on the ball very quickly in the Mountain West.  His skillset might translate to the NFL.  It might not.  His TD:INT ratio against a bunch of future financial advisors and insurance salesmen won't tell us that either way.  

He's also passing the ball to BYU WRs who don't exactly have a talent advantage over mountain west DBs.

Regardless, I'm not suggesting Wilson is a no brainier pick at 2. Just saying this is the time of year where you hear trumped up stories about players that are meant to impact draft decisions. I rather look at tape of a player and evaluate his play versus make decisions based on innuendo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DB's don't close on the ball very quickly in the Mountain West.  His skillset might translate to the NFL.  It might not.  His TD:INT ratio against a bunch of future financial advisors and insurance salesmen won't tell us that either way.  

And yes, I'm well aware of the small school QB's who have succeeded in the pros over the years.  It isn't disqualifying for any QB prospect.  But I also won't be very impressed by his gaudy numbers, either.  You have to give me more than that to justify using a top 10 pick on the kid.  

Deeper Passes are dying ducks. Lol. Well I’m not surprised I said the same thing after his bowl game. Those wide open WRs are slowing down to wait on a lot of those balls. I don’t see a #2 overall pick with Wilson. 

and you are right (man that hurts to say).  But the DB’s he’s throwing against are almost always way out of position and aren’t very good. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:
 Rosen 2.0 

Why you have to put Rosen's name in there. Gross. 

Can we put in the Zach Wilson scouting notes : Negatives : Have you seen his face. 

Has anyone seen this?

Wilson took two girls to Prom. Kid is gonna be trouble. 

https://www.12up.com/posts/byu-qb-zach-wilson-actually-took-2-cougars-cheerleaders-to-his-high-school-senior-prom-01dkwjkd7tz5

549623582_ScreenShot2021-02-12at12_23_35PM.thumb.png.e74156538721b9dbb506789b5629f312.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Literally every single thing you hear right now should be taken with a grain of salt. We are smack in the middle of disinformation season. 

There is absolutely a reason this was put out there now, there is always a reason this time of year. 

This has been known since the beginning of the college football season, why bring it up now of all times?

Because it's true and some sucker might take him at #2 overall to be the face of their NFL franchise?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because it's true and some sucker might take him at #2 overall to be the face of their NFL franchise?

What's true? That he wasnt a captain? So what. His entire team has defended this kid at every turn. 80%+ of the league weren't captains on their college teams. 

This was simply doubt being put out into the wind by teams drafting 3-10. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I mean I'm all for nit picking anyone we might potentially take at #2 but arm strength certainly isn't one of the issues

No.  Whoever that is knows nothing about football.  It's just some regular guy talking sh*t.

You can't dispute his arm strength...it's not an opinion metric.  He has a big arm.