Wilson not a BYU captain

Paradis

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Literally every single thing you hear right now should be taken with a grain of salt. We are smack in the middle of disinformation season. 

There is absolutely a reason this was put out there now, there is always a reason this time of year. 

This has been known since the beginning of the college football season, why bring it up now of all times?

Ryan Nassib

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Because Sewell or maybe Chase or Smith are the blue chips. 

I like Fields at 8 or 12

I like Wilson at 23

It's a matter of value 

I think Fields at 8 or 12 and one of the blue chip guys is not totally outside the realm of possibility depending on what happens with Darnold and my current preference. This will likely change many times by draft day.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the longer I follow the draft the more i have to remind myself it's not about what we want to happen it's about what's going to happen. 

Jets fans (and Team Wilson) aren't going to gamestop JD to taking Wilson or Fields at 2. Gun to his head he'd probably take Fields due to football factory-ism. I don't believe JD wants to make either of those picks at 2 tbh.  

You may not want to hear this..but in all likelihood we're taking a QB at 2.  That is by far the most likely scenario right now.

• Darnold getting traded is pretty much a lock at this point
  • Getting Watson is a long shot at best
  • When teams have the #2 pick in the draft and don't' have a QB - they take one at #2

Now, of course something else might happen.  Like what you "want to happen" but it is FAR more likely we're taking a QB at 2 than anything else.  

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You may not want to hear this..but in all likelihood we're taking a QB at 2.  That is by far the most likely scenario right now.

• Darnold getting traded is pretty much a lock at this point
  • Getting Watson is a long shot at best
  • When teams have the #2 pick in the draft and don't' have a QB - they take one at #2

Now, of course something else might happen.  Like what you "want to happen" but it is FAR more likely we're taking a QB at 2 than anything else.  

I fully admit and understand the Jets are most likely not going to do what I want them to do in the draft

The bolded statement isn't exactly backed up by history by the way

that's more of internet thinking not Joe Douglas wants to pay the mortgage thinking 

14 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Is this when we remember when Paradis said he can't evaluate college QBs?

No one can.  QBASE makes a valiant effort, or at the very least is good at telling people which QB's NOT to pick.  Everyone else has no real clue.  Speaking for myself, I wanted to draft Watson, but I didn't want Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen.  I also liked Darnold the best out of the 2018 class at the time.

The ability to process quickly at the pro level is something you can't determine about a QB until long after he's been drafted.  All you can do is draft a reasonably high football IQ guy with solid character, durability and athleticism....then pray.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Also former Jets scout says--

He lost me at lacks arm strength. No way a former scout said that! I understand why the Jets suckith all these years. If a scout can’t judge arm strength, something that you can measure without any bias, than I can’t trust anything else you’re saying.

The rest of stuff is somewhat subjective. So can’t really argue there as everyone is going to have their own opinion.

• Upvote 1

I remember a kid who was a highly regarded QB in college. Initially, he was expected to go very high in the draft but "whispers" and rumors about his "character" made his stock fall on draft day.  The Jets were one of many teams that were looking for a QB but passed on him.  Too risky.  His name: Dan Marino.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I remember a kid who was a highly regarded QB in college. Initially, he was expected to go very high in the draft but "whispers" and rumors about his "character" made his stock fall on draft day.  The Jets were one of many teams that were looking for a QB but passed on him.  Too risky.  His name: Dan Marino.

That's cool.  For every guy who "fell" and succeeded, like Marino or Aaron Rodgers, there are quite a few highly thought of fallers who failed, like Todd Marinovich, Patrick Ramsey, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen, Geno Smith, Johnny Manziel, Paxton Lynch, Josh Rosen, etc.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Two thoughts.

1) Marino was a 4-year starter at Pitt.  No comparison to Wilson.

2) Marino's last college season, he threw 17 TDs and 23 INTs.  Could that have maybe affected his draft status a little?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cause at this time that he was suddenly a popular first round pick. Out of nowhere. 

Maybe by a couple outlets, none of whom anyone took seriously. Nassib was not good at all and was never a serious consideration to go in the 1st round. 

Wilson is a top 5 lock. Making this comparison just tells me you never bothered to watch him play other than actively search out any bad clips you could find. 

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Maybe by a couple outlets, none of whom anyone took seriously. Nassib was not good at all and was never a serious consideration to go in the 1st round. 

Wilson is a top 5 lock. Making this comparison just tells me you never bothered to watch him play other than actively search out any bad clips you could find. 

152aac1af3a63cc5861b9d0b0d0a139c.gif

you're able to qualify NFL rumors AND make February LOCKS??  This is incredible. 

I'm filing to divorce my witch wife. I am yours. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

One thing to consider is on BYU, many seniors are 24/25 years old because they've been on missions.

Wilson didn't tdo that, he's 21, so maybe the age is a factor in not being a captain.  Regardless, he's no Josh Rosen.  He's a much better talent.

Bingo

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow McShay has a lot to answer for here

It's important, and entertaining to see his teammates flame Cimini on twitter, but this comes down to McShay and bad reporting.

I mean, when you look up Wilson on google the first images all have him with a "C" patch.