Zach Wilson Team Captain

Maxman

they are doing damage control. its clear this kid either has or has some growing up to do....and potentially he learned his lessons when he was given captain mid season or whenever it was. i would not dismiss this though...if they draft anyone over Sam...that dude has to be a leader and not just a talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

they are doing damage control. its clear this kid either has or has some growing up to do....and potentially he learned his lessons when he was given captain mid season or whenever it was. i would not dismiss this though...if they draft anyone over Sam...that dude has to be a leader and not just a talent.

I think, not certain though, that BYU lost several players, including a few of their initial captains, to injury.  So I presume there were mid-season replacements.  Oddly there is not even a simple announcement of Wilson's promotion that I can find anywhere.  So it wasn't made into a big deal, but it doesn't change the fact that he wasn't one of the original four offensive captains.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Wasn't the point made in the other thread that Wilson was still 20 years old when they had that vote, and the 4 voted team captains from offense were all older guys who'd completed their missions?

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

LOL

This is a September game against  Troy.   Notice the captain C on Wilson's chest.   

doesnt anyone have google?

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2020/9/4/21423332/byu-football-team-captains-2020-season-leadership-council

BYU Announces 8 Team Captains for 2020 Season

BYU announced Friday afternoon they will have 8 captains — 4 on each side of the ball — for the 2020 season.

Offensive Captains

Defensive Captains

BYU also announced 8 additional players on the team’s leadership council.

Leadership Council

Chris Wilcox (DB) — Senior

BYU didn’t have team captains last year and instead used “game captains” that rotated each week. Kalani always had team captains previously, so last year appears to be a one-season anomaly.

BYU opens the season Monday night, 8pm EST on ESPN at Navy.

LATEST VIDEO FROM SB NATION

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

How is that damage control

He had the F-in C on his jersey.  Cimini just made it up.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Cimini is a DOUCHE if he did. 

I mean it's clear he was a captain.  There really is no disputing that.

Now, maybe he wasn't on initial vote or something like that - but Cimini really should do some research.  I doubt he made it up but it was clearly unprofessional nonetheless.

32 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't care enough about this to do any research cause I don't think it matters. I'm just baffled on the fact we have conflicting reports on if a dude was captain for a BCS football team. We can't just Google this?

They don't' put C's on guys jerseys unless they're captains.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

If I remember correctly, a similar article came out about Josh Rosen not being voted the captain.  That speaks volume regarding players wanting to play with you.

Connor Cook not being named Captain at Michigan State was a big topic his draft yr. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Cimini is just spinning to cover that he jumped on a band wagon trying to stir sh*t, and was wrong.

The Troy game was the 2nd game of the season.  Wilson had the C on.  How much did he earn it in one game?

I'm not sure if anyone was wearing a C for the Navy game.  Don't know though.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I agree there's 6,000 red flags when it some to TS's charecter, but you really gotta stop sneaking through his closet. 

Dude/dudette I've never been in Hells Kitchen NYC in a low income all mens rooming house no less. 

Are you sure he even has a closet, you seem to know more info than me.