Watson Not Interested in Jets (Source)

Warfish

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2931171-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-broncos-49ers-intrigue-texans-qb-more-than-jets?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Take it for what it's worth:

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson reportedly has some interest in a trade to the Denver Broncos or San Francisco 49ers.

Appearing Friday on ESPN's Get Up, ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler reported that Watson is "intrigued" by the Broncos and 49ers:

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1360245052442882051?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1360245052442882051|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2931171-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-broncos-49ers-intrigue-texans-qb-more-than-jets

Fowler also said he was told Watson is "probably not" too interested in getting traded to the New York Jets and would favor a move to the Miami Dolphins over New York.

P.S. No idea how to link tweets, JN links everything else automatically :(

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Of course hes not.  We are awful and rebuilding from square 1.

Denver would be the best spot.  They have ridiculous playmakers on offense.

JOE!!!!  Have you been back???  We hired that dude you wanted for HC and used to post pictures of and didnt know his name!!!!

• Haha 3

There is such a tremendous amount of bullsh*t flying in both direction that I don’t even know where to begin. What can the niners offer thags so much better? Denver was barely competitive last season, and they play in thinner air. I believe the Carolina and Miami rumors a lot more than these. 

This is quite the dance being played.  I honestly can't keep up with all the variations of these reports.  All that is going on right now is certain reports come out balancing out previous reports so no one really knows what Watson wants other than he wants out of Houston.

I do believe this however, Watson will not be traded, almost out of spite.

However, if he is traded, I absolutely think the Jets are one of the most likely landing spots.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've been hearing this for awhile from a friend whose brother is a very well known NFL insider.

It's become very clear the "Watson to the Jets" stuff is coming from the Texans who view our assets as the most desirable.

I won't get my hopes up.

I think I’m done with the insiders (though thanks for sharing) This off-season has shown how they operate. That being said, I think the Jets are a long shot regardless. (It hurts to say it but it’s true)

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Wit said:

I think I’m done with the insiders. This off-season has shown how they operate. Thag being said, I think the Jets are a king shot regardless. (It hurts to say it but it’s true)

This isn't something he's reported (if he had we'd all be talking about it) but rather just "through the grapevine Watson doesn't actually want the Jets." 

He's never steered me wrong before so I trust it but I get the skepticism.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

This isn't something he's reported (if he had we'd all be talking about it) but rather just "through the grapevine Watson doesn't actually want the Jets." 

He's never steered me wrong before so I trust I but I get the skepticism.

Ok get it, and I wasn’t attacking you FYI, I love that you guys share these nuggets. I’m just learning that this stuff changes and there is so much smoke being created I don’t know what’s real anymore ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Of course hes not.  We are awful and rebuilding from square 1.

Denver would be the best spot.  They have ridiculous playmakers on offense.

I know they invested a lot of high draft picks in offensive skill positions recently but I’m not entirely sold that Denver has ridiculous playmakers on offense. Though to be fair I wasn’t huge on Jeudy coming out.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

JOE!!!!  Have you been back???  We hired that dude you wanted for HC and used to post pictures of and didnt know his name!!!!

HHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Im back baby!!!!!!  Yes I love the bald beast and he is going to turn us around.  but we are still a few years away. Watson is going to go to a place with proven playmakers and where he can win now.  Thats not us.

We are a bunch of lottery tickets at the moment.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

only way he comes here is if Texans decide #2 is essential so they can rebuild with one of the new QB's ... and tell Watson it's NYJ or nothing

this is a real possibility though ... Texans really need to find a way to save face ... and getting a shiny new QB is the best way for them to do it, imo

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Eye roll x1000000

his agent has all but assuredly told him to not to say a fcking word about anything regarding any team. Leverage for miles when no one knows what you want. 

these are all hot garbage takes. 

I've been making it a distinct point to stay out of these threads because honestly all this info is pointless.  These talking heads are all just throwing crap around left and right to get eyeballs to their stories. None of them know anything.  

The reality is if he gets traded at all, it wont be for a while.  Everyones trying to drive up the "qb movement" hype train.  Watsons getting traded here, Carrs going here, Wilsons going there, Mariota maybe here,  Darnold can go there,  Wentz may be over there!  Media spin like that drives drama and parody is good for the NFL and good for the Beats.  Worthless paying attention to any of it right now, none of them know anything. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1