Watson Not Interested in Jets (Source)

Warfish

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

to hell with watson honestly. unless the price is 3 1sts stretched out over the next 3 years, it will do nothing but turn us into a 4-win team like the texans

I’m just tired of talking about it

Why people continue to get their hopes up over this crap is beyond me.

We’re either rolling it back with Darnold and trading down from #2, or we’re trading Darnold to the highest bidder and taking Wilson/Fields.

Pretty cut and dry, really.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

to hell with watson honestly. unless the price is 3 1sts stretched out over the next 3 years, it will do nothing but turn us into a 4-win team like the texans

So, you're okay with giving up 3 first round draft picks over the next 3 years plus a second round pick for 32 year old Russell Wilson?  

Hard pass!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've been hearing this for awhile from a friend whose brother is a very well known NFL insider.

It's become very clear the "Watson to the Jets" stuff is coming from the Texans who view our assets as the most desirable.

I won't get my hopes up.

I'm fine with keeping the assets.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

What about the over 80 mil in cap space to get Allen Robinson, Thuney, a center and a starting corner. You actually think Watson, ARob or another #1 WR FA, Mims, Crowder, our O-line with Thuney, new center, etc. plus the pick for Sam, two #3s and other picks will net us 4 wins? I think the first year we could win at least 8 or 9 games, 10 if they gel. It's just not true to say we won't have the assets to build around Watson - we have plenty to add excellent pieces to fill out our offense.

OK, moving on...

Forget this crap, if we wanted Watson we should have drafted him. Many people here were certain he was going to be a bust. I for one thought we were crazy to pass on him !
Yet I do not wish to mortgage our future by trading away all of this years and next years top draft picks for him.
We can keep Sam and surround him with talent and build a solid offensive line to protect him. We can also pick up one of the many free agents and pray we find another Vinny who can come here a blossom into a solid starter for us for a few years as we continue to build this into a strong contender.
Of course our third option would be to see just what we have in Morgan and give him a real chance to win the starting job, if he can.

3 hours ago, ljr said:

only way he comes here is if Texans decide #2 is essential so they can rebuild with one of the new QB's ... and tell Watson it's NYJ or nothing

this is a real possibility though ... Texans really need to find a way to save face ... and getting a shiny new QB is the best way for them to do it, imo

And why would anyone want him here under those circumstances?  I'm not looking to kidnap the guy. lol

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

Of course our third option would be to see just what we have in Morgan and give him a real chance to win the starting job, if he can.

If Morgan had anything we should have seen him last season. 

The handling of the QB situation here is pathetic. 

JD changed nothing so far. 

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

What about the over 80 mil in cap space to get Allen Robinson, Thuney, a center and a starting corner. You actually think Watson, ARob or another #1 WR FA, Mims, Crowder, our O-line with Thuney, new center, etc. plus the pick for Sam, two #3s and other picks will net us 4 wins? I think the first year we could win at least 8 or 9 games, 10 if they gel. It's just not true to say we won't have the assets to build around Watson - we have plenty to add excellent pieces to fill out our offense.

There are no shortcuts 

• Haha 1