Is there any chance Jags/Meyer tempted out of 1st pick?

I've read some articles of Meyer and his appreciation for Lawrence and Fields.  I know he believes Lawrence is the best QB, but is there anything that temps the Jags out of the 1st spot?  Does he have Lawrence that far ahead of Fields in which nothing gets them to move?  And .. how much influence does he have on the personnel moves?

Possible Jets trade up one spot, swap with Jags and give up both 1st round picks and maybe 1st next ... is that enough to move? Meyer still gets his QB and picks up extra 1st round picks. 

Remember, Meyer is coming in from the outside of the NFL and maybe bucks the pressure/trend and goes his own way.

I guess you never know. Darnold was the hands down top pick to the browns on draft night. Even in his eyes, since he wore a brown tie to the draft. Then all of a sudden on draft morning you’re hearing rumblings that it’s likely going to be baker. That night, it was baker.

I would think if they don’t want Trevor they would trade out. I don’t see them staying at 1 and taking fields or Wilson. They’d get a haul.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt it.  Especially the way the Jags acted at Trevor's Pro Day yesterday.  Anything is possible depending on what they're offered but passing on the consensus overall number 1 would be very risky for your career even though Meyer has publicly said he thought Fields was very good.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I highly doubt it.  Especially the way the Jags acted at Trevor's Pro Day yesterday.  Anything is possible depending on what they're offered but passing on the consensus overall number 1 would be very risky for your career even though Meyer has publicly said he thought Fields was very good.

This quote from January stuck out to me from Meyer.  Although he can just be blowing smoke up our arses.

“I had Fields and Trevor right next to each other,” Meyer said. “I put Trevor Lawrence for one reason, he played one more year. That was it. The one thing I’ll say about Justin Fields, because I’m very close to the situation, any concerns about him being a throwing quarterback are gone now. He’s developed, he’s outstanding. I hear the guys talk. I talk to Coach [Ryan] Day, and obviously the quarterback coach I’m very close to. Comparisons to Dwayne Haskins are everywhere now as far as throwing the football, which — that’s an elite thrower.”

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Meyer took the job because of Lawrence 

Fields is an Ohio state guy coming out of his system what is he supposed to say “yeah my system has crapped out 15 straight bust QBs in the nfl here’s number 16”

• Upvote 1