Does Zach Wilson take Adderall? Red Flag?

Shockwave

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2019/8/25/20828350/how-those-closest-to-zach-wilson-ute-fans-to-the-core-played-a-hand-in-landing-him-at-byu

Thoughts:

I have Wilson as the clear number 2 QB this year assuming his medicals are clear. I have Justin Fields as my QB 4. I can't draft a QB that has been the man since H.S. and still can't go through progressions or process teams blitzing/coverages. I think Fields will bust. So this is coming from a Wilson/Lance Fan. 

With that being said if Zach Wilson is on Adderall he would literally be off my board. 

Please note I am fully speculating he is on Adderall. The article states he is on ADHD medication. Adderall is the most popular. I am speculating this because people on Adderall often have difficulties gaining weight which makes a ton of sense if you look at Wilson. Wilson's people are saying his frame is based on shoulder surgery. If he is on Adderall that is likely the real reason for his weight and he is never gaining weight on that medication. Theres also part of this story or another which state he literally watches film all night every night. For those that have taken Adderall you know that sounds exactly like someone that uses Adderall. 

Will Wilson get a medical waiver for this medication? If he doesn't there is no chance he will be the same player he was in college. This drug is listed as performance enhancing for a reason. There have been NFL and MLB players suspended for using this drug. Anyone see the movie Limitless or the series? These drugs make you the beautiful mind. Anyone themselves take this drug? Then you know what it does. 

What happens whenever Zach Wilson changes medication or the NFL suddenly stops allowing him to take this medication?

ADHD is a disability. If any of you know anyone with this its very real and kids with it can fit into special needs to I am certainly sympathetic to the situation. Also again I am speculating that he is taking Adderall because of his weight/snippets in the article. Perhaps he is on ritalin. The article just says he is on "medication. Either way if you're the Jets this is perhaps more important than his shoulder situation. The Jets need to fully investigate what he has been taking and check with the NFL that he will be allowed to continue this medication throughout his career. The Front Office has to ask themselves if they are comfortable with this being a long term concern. Do you sign a QB to 40m contract in 3 years that may switch medications and not be the same player?

Overpaying for Watson or Trading down sure seems a-lot safer right now then Fields or Wilson. 

I'm normally not this blunt, but if you insist that Fields can't go through progressions, you either form your opinions solely based upon what other people post or you don't know how to watch film. 

• Upvote 4

Even if it were true, it’s really comparing apples to oranges.  We were all there, at least most of us?  Going to a boring class or studying for one is not the same as studying for/playing  football, which I assume he has more than a slight interest in.

The HIPAA Privacy Rule

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals' medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically.  The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.

ESE teacher here.

I have soooooo many opinions on adhd, but I will keep them to myself for the most part because I am sure it will cause an uproar around here.

What i will say is YES, the Op is correct that aderall is probably the drug as it is the most common. IMO, adhd is over diagnosed. I know what kids truly have adhd and its way less than the total that are diagnosed. Another thing I see is adhd helps you focus on things you DONT like to do. I never met an adhd kid that needed aderall to play his ps4.

so if he LOVES football i dont see an issue. Film study, playbook, who knows. I am concerned about his academics now though. What are his grades what are his test scores etc.

It may be nothing or it could be something

• Upvote 1

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2019/8/25/20828350/how-those-closest-to-zach-wilson-ute-fans-to-the-core-played-a-hand-in-landing-him-at-byu

Thoughts:

I have Wilson as the clear number 2 QB this year assuming his medicals are clear. I have Justin Fields as my QB 4. I can't draft a QB that has been the man since H.S. and still can't go through progressions or process teams blitzing/coverages. I think Fields will bust. So this is coming from a Wilson/Lance Fan. 

With that being said if Zach Wilson is on Adderall he would literally be off my board. 

Please note I am fully speculating he is on Adderall. The article states he is on ADHD medication. Adderall is the most popular. I am speculating this because people on Adderall often have difficulties gaining weight which makes a ton of sense if you look at Wilson. Wilson's people are saying his frame is based on shoulder surgery. If he is on Adderall that is likely the real reason for his weight and he is never gaining weight on that medication. Theres also part of this story or another which state he literally watches film all night every night. For those that have taken Adderall you know that sounds exactly like someone that uses Adderall. 

Will Wilson get a medical waiver for this medication? If he doesn't there is no chance he will be the same player he was in college. This drug is listed as performance enhancing for a reason. There have been NFL and MLB players suspended for using this drug. Anyone see the movie Limitless or the series? These drugs make you the beautiful mind. Anyone themselves take this drug? Then you know what it does. 

What happens whenever Zach Wilson changes medication or the NFL suddenly stops allowing him to take this medication?

ADHD is a disability. If any of you know anyone with this its very real and kids with it can fit into special needs to I am certainly sympathetic to the situation. Also again I am speculating that he is taking Adderall because of his weight/snippets in the article. Perhaps he is on ritalin. The article just says he is on "medication. Either way if you're the Jets this is perhaps more important than his shoulder situation. The Jets need to fully investigate what he has been taking and check with the NFL that he will be allowed to continue this medication throughout his career. The Front Office has to ask themselves if they are comfortable with this being a long term concern. Do you sign a QB to 40m contract in 3 years that may switch medications and not be the same player?

Overpaying for Watson or Trading down sure seems a-lot safer right now then Fields or Wilson. 

Listen, Tom Brady takes something way worse in his cocktail.

?

• Haha 1

Because no other collegiate athlete has been on prescription medications before. 

Every NFL player is cognitively gifted and disease free and requires no further medical care for their well being. 

Regardless of the alleged disorder, I do not want Wilson. 

Thoughts:

to my knowledge if players have tested positive for disorders they are cleared for medications, not within excess of their prescribed doses.  This should not be an issue, and if it was I would expect the union to fight any opposition to allowing him the right to medication any doctor would prescribe especially after he underwent medical testing before being in the league and tested positive for the disorder.  Mental health and learning disabilities are a hot issue socially so I would be surprised if the league took a hard stance on him not being allowed to take doctor prescribed medication as long as he isnt exceeding the recommended dosages. 

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ESE teacher here.

I have soooooo many opinions on adhd, but I will keep them to myself for the most part because I am sure it will cause an uproar around here.

What i will say is YES, the Op is correct that aderall is probably the drug as it is the most common. IMO, adhd is over diagnosed. I know what kids truly have adhd and its way less than the total that are diagnosed. Another thing I see is adhd helps you focus on things you DONT like to do. I never met an adhd kid that needed aderall to play his ps4.

so if he LOVES football i dont see an issue. Film study, playbook, who knows. I am concerned about his academics now though. What are his grades what are his test scores etc.

It may be nothing or it could be something

The Wonderlic should hash this stuff out. 

Asking for extra time to finish would probably be a red flag. 

That said if the kid scores high, it should be a good indication of his processing power. 

26 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

to my knowledge if players have tested positive for disorders they are cleared for medications, not within excess of their prescribed doses.  This should not be an issue, and if it was I would expect the union to fight any opposition to allowing him the right to medication any doctor would prescribe especially after he underwent medical testing before being in the league and tested positive for the disorder.  Mental health and learning disabilities are a hot issue socially so I would be surprised if the league took a hard stance on him not being allowed to take doctor prescribed medication as long as he isnt exceeding the recommended dosages. 

Yea i cant see the league going against doctors and disability laws. Also, hes not the only one. Im sure there are hundreds if not thousands of college athletes with adhd 

by the way if you dont have adhd, aderall is a great drug when you have to do that big spring cleaning on your property lol

There are plenty of NFL players on adderral, but Dion Jordan was expected to be better.  

My son has a script for it but avoids it.  So do my friends’ kids.  It keeps you thin.  You also develop a resistance to it, and in high doses has other negative physical effects.   They don’t like to take it. 

I flagged this in another post.  I tried to be more subtle for ethical reasons.  I think this is the reason you use the 2 pick for Watson or Fields.  I think 2 for someone having to manage the medication in the nfl is too high of an investment.  For a qb, that is later in the first round. 

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

There are plenty of NFL players on adderral, but Dion Jordan was expected to be better.  

My son has a script for it but avoids it.  So do my friends’ kids.  It keeps you thin.  You also develop a resistance to it, and in high doses has other negative physical effects.   They don’t like to take it. 

I flagged this in another post.  I tried to be more subtle for ethical reasons.  I think this is the reason you use the 2 pick for Watson or Fields.  I think 2 for someone having to manage the medication in the nfl is too high of an investment.  For a qb, that is later in the first round. 

As I said in another post, my son has a script for adderal and has been taking it religiously for about 15 years.  He is over 300 pounds, and has a difficult time losing weight.  He did lose about 100 pounds about 10 years ago through exercise and diet, but gained it all back.  He has no problem gaining weight.

Other than that, I agree with you that if Wilson is taking aderall, he should not be picked with eh #2 pick.

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Damn it!!! Now I want to try adderall..

It's dangerous stuff and can be very addictive.  College kids use it to cram for tests.  With that said, I have a license test coming up. Anyone know where I can score some? 

• Haha 1