Jump to content

Top 10 at each position according to my spreadsheet...


Recommended Posts

A few random none scientific generalizations from this:

QB as we expect 4 maybe 5 deep them backup fodder.

Oline looks like a nice deep class to me, lots of OT's

RB is imo a week class overall, a couple high end guys then a drop off, which is not the worse news for the jets as under the SF system they can take lower end guys that produce.

WR:  Multi tiered, high end tops guys some decent mid range guys but then it seems to drop off a lot  (Douglas really should have picked another Wr last year.)

TE:  Weak ass class overall

DE: Looks pretty decent.

DT:  Really thin.

OLB and ILB: Both look pretty good.

CB and S: Pretty good and has some depth.

 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff.  Appreciate you posting.  A few things I noticed:

  • No Ronnie Perkins?
  • Wyatt Davis is fairly high, do you rate him highly because of his potential (physical tools) or his production (I thought he struggled mightily in pass protection against Alabama before he got injured, and idk, I know it's only one game, but that gave me concerns)
  • I don't see Greg Newsome II on here either? I've seen people question the talent of the receivers he's faced, and I'm curious if that was a factor, or something else?
  • Surprised you still have Nasirildeen in the top 75 after his senior bowl showing?
  • DeVonta over Waddle. Hmm. I disagree, I think Waddle will be > DeVonta, Ruggs, & Jeudy in the NFL. But agree to disagree. 

Anyways, good stuff. I know you're a trade-down and build a monster roster guy as I am. Respect. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So who's list is this? This is your scoring? 

Couple eyebrow raisers. No Ronnie? Corner is missing the guy who should top 3.... How in the hell did Bateman wind up as the 21st best player in the draft. Inexcusable... I betcha Leatherwood surprises on how early. Teens even. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren’t Onwuzerike and Twyman DT’s? Especially in this defense.

The OLB is a weird group to rank because a lot of those guys are edges and so DE’s for the Jets, not OLB’s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, derp said:

Aren’t Onwuzerike and Twyman DT’s? Especially in this defense.

The OLB is a weird group to rank because a lot of those guys are edges and so DE’s for the Jets, not OLB’s. 

Yes the whole DE vs Edge vs OLB vs small DT thing is an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronnie Perkins is listed as 108 overall.  One difficulty with averaging many of these sites is that you may have some were a guy is listed top 50 in three sites and much lower in others.  That is why I have a standard deviation stat in the spreadsheet, it gives you a good idea if the guy is ranked all over the place or if he has a consistent ranking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Top 10(ish) based on my big board which i actually got to do because my life requires a hobby now (Subject to insane amount of changes based on Pro Day results/ physicals)

QB: Justin Fields(1),  Zach Wilson (2), Trevor Lawrence (3), Trey Lance (7), Mac Jones (11), Kyle Trask (28), Ian Book (169), Kellen Mond(170)

Honestly, those top 3 can rotate around IDC which one is first. I prefer Fields to Wilson because he has xfactor type athleticism that will give him leeway in development.

WR: Ja'Marr Chase (5), Jaylen Waddle (8), Devonta Smith (10), Kadarius Tony (30), Terrace Marshall Jr. (32), Rashod Bateman (39), Rondale Moore (44), Amon-Ra St. Brown (54), Dyami Brown (73), D'Wayne Eskridge (76), Tylan Wallace (77), Elijah Moore (80) Cade Johnson (82), Austin Watkins (94), Demetric Felton (96)

These guys are basically tiered as: Excellent, Good with Flaws, Flawed with ability

RB: Travis Etienne(25), Javonte Williams (27),  Najee Harris (34),  Michael Carter (42), Kenneth Gainwell (70)

I have spent all year not loving Najee Harris and PFF gave me the confidence to drop him behind Williams.

TE: Kyle Pitts (9), Pat Freiermuth(40),  Brevin Jordan(67), Kenny Yeboah(99)

It's Pitts thats basically it. 

OT:  Penei Sewell (6), Rashawn Slater (12), Christian Darrisaw (23), Samuel Cosmi (29), Liam Eichenberg (33), Dillon Radunz (37), Teven Jenkins (43),  Spencer Brown (52), Alex Leatherwood (59), Jalen Mayfield (64)

There's at least 4 more guys Ithat might make my top 100 which is wild.

IOL: Alijah Vera-Tucker (16), Wyatt Davis (35), Landon Dickerson (45), Creed Humphrey (57), Josh Meyers (72), Trey Smith (86)

Ignore centers and get ready to take Linderbaum next year. Guys all over the tackle board can also play OG so it's all good out here.

IDL: Christian Barmore (20), Tommy Togiai (51), Levi Owuzurike(65), Alim McNeil (68), Daviyon Nixon (71), Jay Tufele (74), Marvin Wilson (81)

Awful class here. I think Togiai is gonna be around a long time but the Jets are covered here. 

Off-ball LB: Micah Parson(14), Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah(15), Nick Bolton (21), Zaven Collins(26), Jabril Cox (62), Chazz Surratt(78), Cam McGrone (83)

I love the top 5 guys 

Edge: Jaelan Phillips (17), Kwity Paye (18), Azeez Ojulari (22), Carlos Basham Jr. (36), Joseph Ossai (41), Rashad Weaver (47), Elerson Smith (49), Gregory Rousseau (53), Jayson Oweh (55), Quincy Roche (60), Payton Turner (88), Jonathon Cooper (89), Tarron Jackson (93) 

This is all subject to physical  traits but it's where I'm at right now. 

CB: Caleb Farley (4), Jaycee Horn(13), Patrick Surtain (19), Kelvin Joseph (24), Asante Samuel Jr. (31), Elijah Molden (48), Tyson Campbell (50), Greg Newsome (58), Eric Stokes (61), Rodarius Williams (63), Ifeatu Melinfonwu(66), Paulson Adebo (79), Aaron Robinson (92), Shaun Wade (97)

What a drop for Shaun Wade. JD loves long dudes so this draft looks good for him. Caleb Farley can be Revis. 

S: Richie Grant (38), Trevon Moehrig (48), Ar'Darius Washington (56), Jevon Holland (75), Talanoa Hufanga (90), Divine Deablo(98)

Hamsah Nasirildeen can make his way onto the list if he puts up some athleticism but he was blasted for his senior bowl. 

My main influences are PFF, Voch Lombardi, and Daniel Jeremiah

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Paradis said:

So who's list is this? This is your scoring? 

Couple eyebrow raisers. No Ronnie? Corner is missing the guy who should top 3.... How in the hell did Bateman wind up as the 21st best player in the draft. Inexcusable... I betcha Leatherwood surprises on how early. Teens even. 

Leatherwood could be a great pick @34 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So much to talk about here. Some good and some bad. Fascinating for the most part. I think as usual - we (the public incl media) will overvalue certain players and positions. For example this is not a special year at WR. they’ll likely be a run of 3-4 in the first and then it will cool off significantly. Popular seems to drive top 50 boards heavily. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paradis said:

So much to talk about here. Some good and some bad. Fascinating for the most part. I think as usual - we (the public incl media) will overvalue certain players and positions. For example this is not a special year at WR. they’ll likely be a run of 3-4 in the first and then it will cool off significantly. Popular seems to drive top 50 boards heavily. 

I'm still pissed off at Douglas for not taking a 2nd WR last year when there was lots of good ones worth taking shot at in the mid to late rounds.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm still pissed off at Douglas for not taking a 2nd WR last year when there was lots of good ones worth taking shot at in the mid to late rounds.

Yeah the whole trade back while Claypool was available then taking the QB I'm still trying to over. lol  Should have definitely got more talent at WR last draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah the whole trade back while Claypool was available then taking the QB I'm still trying to over. lol  Should have definitely got more talent at WR last draft.

I was not even that upset with the trade back because he still got mims but round 4,5,6 was loaded with good developmental wrs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I was not even that upset with the trade back because he still got mims but round 4,5,6 was loaded with good developmental wrs.

Even if you are happy with Mims him falling to them was more luck then strategy.  Mims was mocked higher so it was very possible he could have missed on both.  But I agree another should have been taken in the 4th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'm still pissed off at Douglas for not taking a 2nd WR last year when there was lots of good ones worth taking shot at in the mid to late rounds.

Indeed. If Douglas winds up using those premium picks on a QB/OL/secondary then at least I like some of the middle rounds guys like Eskridge, Darden, Jackson and Powell. There’s a lot overvalued inside guys who I think will go early and leave some bargain picks in rnd 3-4

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 1:41 AM, undertow said:

Even if you are happy with Mims him falling to them was more luck then strategy.  Mims was mocked higher so it was very possible he could have missed on both.  But I agree another should have been taken in the 4th.

I think the idea was thta with Mims, Claypool and Jefferson still sitting there, they were bound to get one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the idea was thta with Mims, Claypool and Jefferson still sitting there, they were bound to get one.

Jefferson was taken in the first round and Mims was mocked late first so no guarantee he was gonna be there it was luck he dropped to them.  No matter how you look at it that situation is not playing the draft board well you came away with the lesser WR and used the extra capital on a practice squad QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, undertow said:

Jefferson was taken in the first round and Mims was mocked late first so no guarantee he was gonna be there it was luck he dropped to them.  No matter how you look at it that situation is not playing the draft board well you came away with the lesser WR and used the extra capital on a practice squad QB.

Think he meant Van Jefferson, who was drafted by the Rams 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, undertow said:

Jefferson was taken in the first round and Mims was mocked late first so no guarantee he was gonna be there it was luck he dropped to them.  No matter how you look at it that situation is not playing the draft board well you came away with the lesser WR and used the extra capital on a practice squad QB.

I am talking about Van Jefferson, not Justin.  Agree to disagree on playing the draft. Morgan not turning out so far is not any proof that he didn't play the board well.  Morgan was a risk and his career isn't over.  I didn't love it, but I can't complain since I would have been happy with Mims at 48.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am talking about Van Jefferson, not Justin.  Agree to disagree on playing the draft. Morgan not turning out so far is not any proof that he didn't play the board well.  Morgan was a risk and his career isn't over.  I didn't love it, but I can't complain since I would have been happy with him at 48.  

Oh my bad on Jefferson......Morgan not panning out may not be proof to you but watching Claypool and Mims play football should be.  I guess It all depends on how you felt at the moment and which WR you preferred.  My guess is JD didn't love either or you aren't trading down for a mid round pick and missing out on a player you love.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume the board didn't fall the way he wanted or he wouldn't have traded down again.  Maybe he was hoping/thought Peart or Niant would be there at 101.  The Giants brought Peart along slowly, but I think he will be a quality NFL starter.  Niang opted out.  I had a list of guys I liked and Peart was pretty high.  I don't remember what my issue was with Niang, but Clark was on it too, so what do I know? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I would assume the board didn't fall the way he wanted or he wouldn't have traded down again.  Maybe he was hoping/thought Peart or Niant would be there at 101.  The Giants brought Peart along slowly, but I think he will be a quality NFL starter.  Niang opted out.  I had a list of guys I liked and Peart was pretty high.  I don't remember what my issue was with Niang, but Clark was on it too, so what do I know? 

Wasn’t Niang coming off an injury?   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...