Question for our JN Mock Draft moderators

We usually start a week or two after the opening of Free Agency.  That would make the start date somewhere around 4/1.  I guess we could give it an extra week, maybe start it the day after Easter Sunday, which still gives us 3+ weeks (hopefully won't take that long) which should be enough time to wrap it up prior to the real draft.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lith said:

We usually start a week or two after the opening of Free Agency.  That would make the start date somewhere around 4/1.  I guess we could give it an extra week, maybe start it the day after Easter Sunday, which still gives us 3+ weeks (hopefully won't take that long) which should be enough time to wrap it up prior to the real draft.

Just about the best 3 weeks of the year around these parts.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I look forward to drafting for the Jets.

Probably going to have to do a lottery to determine who gets the Jets this year.  You are not the first to make the request.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Probably going to have to do a lottery to determine who gets the Jets this year.  You are not the first to make the request.

I called dibs!  But a lottery or random selection is fine with me.

Always pressure as the jets gm as half the forum praises you while the other half wants to kill you.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Lith said:

Haha I know I saw it was requested like a month ago. Shooters shoot

fail nick young GIF

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Lith said:

Yes please. 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Lith said:

This year I’d say definitely for the Jets. There’s a few teams that posters always pick but obviously the Jets can’t be one of them. 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Count me in *buys ticket*

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ok im in now how do i get included

We will probably start sign ups in March.  I will make sure to tag you when we are choosing teams.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I called dibs!  But a lottery or random selection is fine with me.

Always pressure as the jets gm as half the forum praises you while the other half wants to kill you.

One reason I have never picked for the Jets.  Sometimes we have enough drama running the draft, the I don't need the extra drama of opening myself up to the abuse from picking for the Jets. 

I would get killed for my Justin Fields pick. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Lith said:

One reason I have never picked for the Jets.  Sometimes we have enough drama running the draft, the I don't need the extra drama of opening myself up to the abuse from picking for the Jets. 

I would get killed for my Justin Fields pick. 

It's a tricky year.  There isn't really a DT or Safety worth picking in the top-5.  I guess you could run with Micah Parsons if you really want to watch the world burn.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

@Beerfish I am pretty sure you mentioned in another thread that you have your composite draft rankings sheet done.  Let me konw if you have it -- easier to build the draft sheet off of something that exists than create it from scratch.  If you don't have it, its not a problem, I will start working on mine from scratch this week.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

@Beerfish I am pretty sure you mentioned in another thread that you have your composite draft rankings sheet done.  Let me konw if you have it -- easier to build the draft sheet off of something that exists than create it from scratch.  If you don't have it, its not a problem, I will start working on mine from scratch this week.

Thanks

Yes I have it, I have just over 400 players on the list but the draft order is not totally up to date as a few trades have happened and the comp picks have not been awarded to my knowledge.  I was going to wait for the final draft order before putting it out there but I can get it to you now if you like.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks

I can send you all my mock copies....the old "stopped clock is right twice a day theory" if it helps.😃 Any target date for sign ups yet?

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

I can send you all my mock copies....the old "stopped clock is right twice a day theory" if it helps.😃 Any target date for sign ups yet?

I don't know yet.  We are still probably a month away frm starting so there is no rush.  I need to touch base with the other mods to see what they think about timing.

Putting the spreadsheet together takes some time so I like to get an early start on that.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes I have it, I have just over 400 players on the list but the draft order is not totally up to date as a few trades have happened and the comp picks have not been awarded to my knowledge.  I was going to wait for the final draft order before putting it out there but I can get it to you now if you like.

Thanks.  I will send you a PM with my email address.  I usually update the draft order a day or two before we start the mock, so I am not to worried about that.  I just hate compiling the original list of players and rankings, so if you have already done it, that is really all I will need.  I will probably add some guys to the list, make my own updates to draft order, and add the positional tabs.

• Upvote 1
On 2/14/2021 at 11:51 AM, jetstream23 said:

Sadly. lol

I look forward to a time in which the last three weeks of January are the most exciting!

They are already. That’s when we usually hire the new coach!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, nycdan said:

So this year, by the time the 2nd pick is in, half of the board will quit in disgust.

Good times...

People will always be upset at the Jets picks, as long as you don't go flat out insane about it.......(Senor Gato )

• Haha 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.