19 jets can become Unrestricted Free Agents on March 17 ~ ~ ~

kelly

Four More Who Played for 2020 Green & White Can Become Restricted FAs

The Jets have 19 players who can become unrestricted free agents on March 17, 15 of whom started at least one game in 2020 and five of whom played in all 16 games — including two 16-game starters, S Marcus Maye and LB Neville Hewitt.Additionally, two other players, each of whom has played more than 10 NFL seasons, can become UFAs — RB Frank Gore, one of three players in league history to rush for at least 16,000 yards, and QB Joe Flacco, the Super Bowl MVP for the Baltimore Ravens after the 2012 season who started four games in place of the injured Sam Darnold this past season.Four more Jets can become restricted free agents. Of the 23 potential UFAs and RFAs, the position that could be affected the most is linebacker, with contracts expiring for seven LBs, including five-year starter Jordan Jenkins and 2020 16-game participants Hewitt and Tarell Basham.

The free agency signing period begins for the Jets and the NFL next month. Teams are allowed to negotiate with the agents of prospective UFAs during a two-day period beginning March 15 at noon ET and ending March 17 at 4 p.m.. In the two-day window, prospective unrestricted free agents can't visit teams or have direct contact with team employees, except those from their current clubs. A player's ability to re-sign with his current club isn't affected by the rule. The negotiating period does not apply to unsigned players receiving restricted free agent, franchise or transition tenders.

Players who are potential free agents can become either unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents or exclusive-rights free agents.An unrestricted FA is any player with four or more accrued seasons and an expired contract. He is free to negotiate and sign with any teams.A restricted FA is any player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers, or tenders, that come with the Right of First Refusal and/or draft pick compensation.An exclusive-rights FA is any player with fewer than three accrued seasons and an expired contract. If his original team offers him a one-year contract and the league minimum (based on his credited seasons), the player can't negotiate with other teams.An accrued season constitutes six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserve/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists.

These are the Jets who can become unrestricted free agents next month (games played/started/did not play/inactive in parentheses after name)  :
G Josh Andrews (15/4/0/0)
LB Tarell Basham (16/9/0/00
TE Daniel Brown (16/1/0/0)
DL Trevon Coley (0/0/0/2)
G Pat Elflein (6/6/0/0)
S Matthias Farley (16/2/0/0)
QB Joe Flacco (5/4/8/3)
RB Frank Gore (15/14/0/0)
LB Bryce Hager (10/2/0/0)
LB Neville Hewitt (16/16/0/0)
S Bennett Jackson (4/0/0/0)
LB Jordan Jenkins (12/12/0/1)
CB Arthur Maulet (11/5/0/0)
S Marcus Maye (16/16/0/0)
S Brandon McDougald (7/7/0/0)
LB Patrick Onwuasor (1/0/0/0)
WR Breshad Perriman (12/12/0/4)
CB Brian Poole (8/6/0/0)
TE Ross Travis (1/0/0/6)

These Jets can become restricted free agents :
RB Josh Adams (8/0/0/0)
LB Harvey Langi (14/6/0/0)
LB Frankie Luvu (13/3/0/0)
WR Vyncint Smith (7/0/0/4)

And one player can become an exclusive-rights free agent :
WR Jeff Smith (11/5/1/0)

>   https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/19-jets-can-become-unrestricted-free-agents-on-march-17

Josh Andrews (15/4/0/0)                         BYE
LB Tarell Basham (16/9/0/00                   BYE
TE Daniel Brown (16/1/0/0)                      BYE
DL Trevon Coley (0/0/0/2)                        BYE
G Pat Elflein (6/6/0/0)                                    MAYBE
S Matthias Farley (16/2/0/0)                     BYE
QB Joe Flacco (5/4/8/3)                            BYE
RB Frank Gore (15/14/0/0)                          BYE
LB Bryce Hager (10/2/0/0)                       WHO
LB Neville Hewitt (16/16/0/0)                      MAYBE
S Bennett Jackson (4/0/0/0)                   WHO
LB Jordan Jenkins (12/12/0/1)                    FOR CHEAP
CB Arthur Maulet (11/5/0/0)                      BYE
S Marcus Maye (16/16/0/0)                         KEEP
S Brandon McDougald (7/7/0/0)               BYE
LB Patrick Onwuasor (1/0/0/0)                   FOR CHEAP
WR Breshad Perriman (12/12/0/4)             BYE
CB Brian Poole (8/6/0/0)                              KEEP
TE Ross Travis (1/0/0/6)                                 WHO

RB Josh Adams (8/0/0/0)
 WHO
LB Frankie Luvu (13/3/0/0)                       MAYBE
WR Vyncint Smith (7/0/0/4)                    EHH BYE

WR Jeff Smith (11/5/1/0)                             LATER

2-14 SOUNDED ABOUT RIGHT

Jets Fans, December 2020:  "Adam Gase sucks!  Get him out of here!  We can't win with this bum brining this team down!"

The Same Jets Fans, February 2021:  "This roster is a joke.....2-14 sounds about right....it's a very sad list....it's a very sad team."

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets Fans, December 2020:  "Adam Gase sucks!  Get him out of here!  We can't win with this bum brining this team down!"

The Same Jets Fans, February 2021:  "This roster is a joke.....2-14 sounds about right....it's a very sad list....it's a very sad team."

SAR I

Both can be, and in fact are, true. Gase is the worst HC in history, AND the team is devoid of talent.

• Upvote 4

SAR I

..didn't someone around here  ?  PROMISE  NOT  to talk about gase anymore   ?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, viffer said:

Both can be, and in fact are, true. Gase is the worst HC in history, AND the team is devoid of talent.

I don't doubt that, but the crucifixion of Adam Gase starting after four weeks vs. the free pass being given to Joe Douglas after two years is astonishing.

SAR I

I don't doubt that, but the crucifixion of Adam Gase starting after four weeks vs. the free pass being given to Joe Douglas after two years is astonishing.

SAR I

I think JD getting only getting one draft and you crucifying him is the sad thing. Gase was sh*t in Miami and was sh*t here if you cannot see that Sar I honestly do not know what to tell you. Even when JD has had all these disadvantages with COVID. Gase was sh*t before the pandemic but to say JD has been given a free pass which he should have been given due to the situation that was provided to him is ridiculous.  JD is now on the clock he wasn't for these 2 years.   

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

JD getting a "free pass" is a function of the mess that Mr. Coffee left him. Cap issues due to many bad mega-millions free agent contracts, and terrible draft choices (anyone remember Hackenberg? The guy we passed on Mahomes and Watson for? Anyone?). Now that JD has a real coach to work with, this year we hold his feet to the fire. This off season better see a major improvement in the team, or we will see "Fire Joe" signs flying over Jet games next season.

I don't think that will happen, because I think Joe has a plan and knows what he is doing. But this FA season and draft will be critical.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kelly said:

Four More Who Played for 2020 Green & White Can Become Restricted FAs

The Jets have 19 players who can become unrestricted free agents on March 17, 15 of whom started at least one game in 2020 and five of whom played in all 16 games — including two 16-game starters, S Marcus Maye and LB Neville Hewitt.Additionally, two other players, each of whom has played more than 10 NFL seasons, can become UFAs — RB Frank Gore, one of three players in league history to rush for at least 16,000 yards, and QB Joe Flacco, the Super Bowl MVP for the Baltimore Ravens after the 2012 season who started four games in place of the injured Sam Darnold this past season.Four more Jets can become restricted free agents. Of the 23 potential UFAs and RFAs, the position that could be affected the most is linebacker, with contracts expiring for seven LBs, including five-year starter Jordan Jenkins and 2020 16-game participants Hewitt and Tarell Basham.

The free agency signing period begins for the Jets and the NFL next month. Teams are allowed to negotiate with the agents of prospective UFAs during a two-day period beginning March 15 at noon ET and ending March 17 at 4 p.m.. In the two-day window, prospective unrestricted free agents can't visit teams or have direct contact with team employees, except those from their current clubs. A player's ability to re-sign with his current club isn't affected by the rule. The negotiating period does not apply to unsigned players receiving restricted free agent, franchise or transition tenders.

Players who are potential free agents can become either unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents or exclusive-rights free agents.An unrestricted FA is any player with four or more accrued seasons and an expired contract. He is free to negotiate and sign with any teams.A restricted FA is any player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers, or tenders, that come with the Right of First Refusal and/or draft pick compensation.An exclusive-rights FA is any player with fewer than three accrued seasons and an expired contract. If his original team offers him a one-year contract and the league minimum (based on his credited seasons), the player can't negotiate with other teams.An accrued season constitutes six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserve/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists.

These are the Jets who can become unrestricted free agents next month (games played/started/did not play/inactive in parentheses after name)  :
G Josh Andrews (15/4/0/0)
LB Tarell Basham (16/9/0/00
TE Daniel Brown (16/1/0/0)
DL Trevon Coley (0/0/0/2)
G Pat Elflein (6/6/0/0)
S Matthias Farley (16/2/0/0)
QB Joe Flacco (5/4/8/3)
RB Frank Gore (15/14/0/0)
LB Bryce Hager (10/2/0/0)
LB Neville Hewitt (16/16/0/0)
S Bennett Jackson (4/0/0/0)
LB Jordan Jenkins (12/12/0/1)
CB Arthur Maulet (11/5/0/0)
S Marcus Maye (16/16/0/0)
S Brandon McDougald (7/7/0/0)
LB Patrick Onwuasor (1/0/0/0)
WR Breshad Perriman (12/12/0/4)
CB Brian Poole (8/6/0/0)
TE Ross Travis (1/0/0/6)

RB Josh Adams (8/0/0/0)
LB Frankie Luvu (13/3/0/0)
WR Vyncint Smith (7/0/0/4)

WR Jeff Smith (11/5/1/0)

>   https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/19-jets-can-become-unrestricted-free-agents-on-march-17

i don't know whats more depressing, this list in terms of last year...or the realization that with this many nobodies on the roster...no way we can get enough good players to not suck next year.

23 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I think JD getting only getting one draft and you crucifying him is the sad thing. Gase was sh*t in Miami and was sh*t here if you cannot see that Sar I honestly do not know what to tell you. Even when JD has had all these disadvantages with COVID. Gase was sh*t before the pandemic but to say JD has been given a free pass which he should have been given due to the situation that was provided to him is ridiculous.  JD is now on the clock he wasn't for these 2 years.   

He was a GM who oversaw a 2-14 roster after 2 years with the team.  If Gase was on the hot seat after 4 measly games, Douglas should be on the hot seat after 32.

And Gase wasn't sh-t before the pandemic, the 6-2 finish was remarkable; Douglas made the 2020 roster worse than the 2019 roster, hard to succeed under those circumstances.  Just be fair-  this is a make or break season for Joe Douglas.  If we have another weak free agent class and an unremarkable draft class, he's got to get the airplane and billboard treatment.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i don't know whats more depressing, this list in terms of last year...or the realization that with this many nobodies on the roster...no way we can get enough good players to  ?  not suck next year.  ?

..we're gonna  ?   5  w's... MAX   ?

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He was a GM who oversaw a 2-14 roster after 2 years with the team.  If Gase was on the hot seat after 4 measly games, Douglas should be on the hot seat after 32.

And Gase wasn't sh-t before the pandemic, the 6-2 finish was remarkable; Douglas made the 2020 roster worse than the 2019 roster, hard to succeed under those circumstances.  Just be fair-  this is a make or break season for Joe Douglas.  If we have another weak free agent class and an unremarkable draft class, he's got to get the airplane and billboard treatment.

SAR I

please-stop.gif

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I agree with you @SAR I if JD flounders this offseason he should be in the crosshairs of the fans. What I'm saying is that after 32 games and with a pandemic and having only one draft burning him at the stake is not the answer right now!. Not saying that cannot change but we cannot get the SOJF Syndrome at this point.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Will you freaking stop already. He is gone, finished, kaput.  

1 hour ago, ToonforPrez said:

totally agree.  and it's not only just one draft but only one complete free agency period.  douglas came in after the draft so mac basically made all of the free agent moves in gase's first season

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Will you freaking stop already. He is gone, finished, kaput.  

I couldn't care less about Adam Gase, I haven't given him a second thought since we hired Robert Saleh.

But I find it very strange, the way Jets fans can hate someone so quickly and let another off the hook so effortlessly.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't care less about Adam Gase, I haven't given him a second thought since we hired Robert Saleh.

But I find it very strange, the way Jets fans can hate someone so quickly and let another off the hook so effortlessly.

SAR I

So this schmuck says he hasn’t given Gaze a second thought while mentioning him 17 times in this post alone.

07E7A439-D048-424D-A329-E1F526517489.jpeg

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Who is being let off the hook? You pointed to a bunch of people that were brought  in on short deals because we didn't  know if they would  work out. Did someone make a mistake doing that?

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Who is being let off the hook? You pointed to a bunch of people that were brought  in on short deals because we didn't  know if they would  work out. Did someone make a mistake doing that?

We were 2-14 with a team that many thought had the worst roster in the NFL going in.

So that sounds like Joe Douglas didn't do anything to improve the team and, worse, set us backwards.  We were 7-9 the year before.  So we're supposed to be excited now, why?  Because our GM who threw away the 2020 season has amassed draft capital and cap space for 2021?  It's not hard to shed salary.  It's not hard to nail a Top 10 draft pick.  It's hard to build a team.  I'm not even close to convinced Douglas is the man for this.  His hot seat is right now.

SAR I

We were 2-14 with a team that many thought had the worst roster in the NFL going in.

So that sounds like Joe Douglas didn't do anything to improve the team and, worse, set us backwards.  We were 7-9 the year before.  So we're supposed to be excited now, why?  Because our GM who threw away the 2020 season has amassed draft capital and cap space for 2021?  It's not hard to shed salary.  It's not hard to nail a Top 10 draft pick.  It's hard to build a team.  I'm not even close to convinced Douglas is the man for this.  His hot seat is right now.

SAR I

giphy.gif

..how  'bout we give OUR new gm a little time to Re-Build our roster/team   ?

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Douglas has shown progress...dumping players , contracts and drafting well. Then cherry on top getting what is seen as a great new HC...helps alot