Happy Birthday JetNation (16)

Maxman

Happy Birthday JetNation, the site turns 16 years old today. 2020 was a rough year all around but the timing is perfect for a sweet-16 after the recent changes; goodbye Adam Gase and hello Robert Saleh. Despite the tough times on and off the field last year, the one thing that never disappoints is the loyalty of Jets fans.  So many of you call the site home and for that we say thank you.

A volunteer fan-site having the long term success that JetNation continues to have is impressive. The team's performance on the field left so much to be desired, yet the site put up record numbers.  Why? Because Jets fans will never give up.

• We continue to surpass a million page views a month, now over 115 million all-time page views.
  • Record #'s for post counts in the forums with our busiest year ever; closing in on 5 million posts and over 21,000 members.

If you read our blog posts or if you follow JetNation on social media we want you to know that we really appreciate it. Same for the die-hard fans in our NY Jets forum. The conversation gets heated at times but we know we all want the same thing. The good news is after years of being lost, this franchise is finally headed in the right direction.

Special thanks go out to all those who volunteer to make the site great.

The Moderators: Thor99, Sperm Edwards, The Crusher, Joec36, Slats, NYC Dan and Charlie Brown.

Our Writers and Content Team:

Glenn Naughton

Courtney Aurillo

Alex Varallo

Dylan Tereman

GreenBean

KRL

Happy Birthday JetNation

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetophile said:

This again?! It's tomorrow, not today! Please fix @Maxman. Down with revisionist history!

Okay I will let the credit card company know you said they billed me too early. I will also reach out to the hosting company to let them know the email they just sent me isn't accurate either, lol.

image.png

• Haha 1

Congratulations Max and all involved for making this site so great. It continues to get me through the off season and the mostly down years the Jets continue to have. I can’t wait until the most exciting times to be on the site are when the games are played instead of during coaching hires, free agent signings, and draft choices. Does anyone know how Jetnation compares to fansites from other teams in terms of traffic and membership?  I’d like to think we really are a rabid group of fans comparatively speaking. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Congratulations Max.

Looking forward to the ESPN 30 for 30 on the JN origin story.  I have no recollection of what actually happened that spurred the JN revolt but I remember it was definitely a thing at the time...

Thanks.  Check out my next post.  I looked something up after I read your post

So I can't post the whole thing. But I have an XLS file that I created in early February 2005. This was the plan that was created. Here are a few snippets from that plan.  It is pretty funny looking back and because we had the right attitude from the beginning we won. Pretty cool.

image.png

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So I can't post the whole thing. But I have an XLS file that I created in early February 2005. This was the plan that was created. Here are a few snippets from that plan.  It is pretty funny looking back and because we had the right attitude from the beginning we won. Pretty cool.

image.png

too cool !   ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Congratulations Max.

Looking forward to the ESPN 30 for 30 on the JN origin story.  I have no recollection of what actually happened that spurred the JN revolt but I remember it was definitely a thing at the time...

It would closely resemble the plot line from Steven Seagal’s epic Under Siege.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

For me, peak rivalry was TheGarv vs TheKidFromBrooklyn videos.

I loved the garv, he was a great dude. He was more of an mma guy but if I gave him current events each week for a Jets video he was great.

We worked with him one year and the next year I reached out to him. I said hey I am redoing the front page, I want to feature The Garv on our home page and get more exposure. The response I got I can still remember almost word for word.

"I've gone brand crazy like Dana White"

That was his way of saying he was only promoting himself going forward. I was bummed, I thought it was working well.

I just checked his site looks like he is out of business.

image.png