At least one NFL team has Zach Wilson ranked as the best QB in the draft. Update: Multiple teams not only one!

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When people say processor it's a dog whistle for all of the stereotypes about quarterbacks of a certain skin tone 

There are a lot of terms used for what you’re getting at, but “slow processor” isn’t one of them. Sam Darnold is a slow processor, for example.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed, it’s become nauseating.  I posted what people were saying last year about Justin Herbert over in the thread in the draft forum yesterday, it’s eerily similar to the Fields stuff.   People want to see what they want to see and not see what they don’t want to see sometimes.  

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There are a lot of terms used for what you’re getting at, but “slow processor” isn’t one of them. Sam Darnold is a slow processor, for example.

Nah, I agree with Bit.  That wasnt the knock on him coming out, people were claiming Andrew Luck level IQ.   He was actually called a "sudden processor" which they credited because of his escapeability and because he could overcome his wind up because his anticipation ie; his processing was so next level. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed, it’s become nauseating.  I posted what people were saying last year about Justin Herbert over in the thread in the draft forum yesterday, it’s eerily similar to the Fields stuff.   People want to see what they want to see and not see what they don’t want to see sometimes.  

Yep, I saw that, same thread I posted numerous plays of Fields doing exactly what everyone here says he cant do...and it will largely go ignored and that's fine, I'm used to it but this "processor" thingy, cracks me up.  

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nah, I agree with Bit.  That wasnt the knock on him coming out, people were claiming Andrew Luck level IQ.   He was actually called a "sudden processor" which they credited because of his escapeability and because he could overcome his wind up because his anticipation ie; his processing was so next level. 

I guess I should specify that it’s not a thing I ascribe based on race.

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I remember the knock on Herbert was that he came off as flighty and weird and was “too smart for his own good” because he wanted to be a surgeon after football.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

If so these concepts were conflated and it skewed darnold’s eval.  Improvising like manziel doesn’t mean you can see the field well in the first 3 seconds you’re in the pocket.  

• Upvote 1

I like Wilson better but I don’t have to bash on Fields to make Wilson look good. 

Fields has all the tools to be successful- it comes down to who is the best fit. I just think Wilson is better fit for this offense but if I’m the Titans or the Bills or the Steelers (not that they need QBs) but if they did - they’re run game and playing style is setup for Fields. 

If JD goes Fields over Wilson I won’t be mad, I imagine they thought through what the offense would be like to make him successful. I would only be mad if they draft him and coach him to be something he’s not. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I remember the knock on Herbert was that he came off as flighty and weird and was “too smart for his own good” because he wanted to be a surgeon after football.

That was one of them, but people were also saying he’s a “one read” QB, doesn’t get through “progressions” etc, etc.   

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The farther to the right, the better the QB's surrounding talent was.  The higher up on the chart, the more efficiently the QB played.  

This is a perfect explanation for a chart that also doesn't compensate for how bad byu opponents are 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Every year, fans/wannabe draftniks cling to something so utterly stupid, it becomes mindless talking points that just get repeated over and over and over again.  In 16 it was level of competition, in 17 it was "MPH" lmfao, in 18 it was "NFL windows", in 19 it was under 6' feet, in 20 it was "system" QB cant translate and blah blah blah blah....

this year, with "processor" by far takes the cake.  It just repeated over and over and over again without any actual reality to the context.  The idea that Zach Wilson playing vs. cones in a clean jersey Flag Football game is some type of high level "processor" is moronic.  And then idea the Justin Fields is a slow processors playing 100x better competition and dropping a 6 bomb vs. Clemson is a slow "processor" is next level mental gymnastics stupidity.  Straight up.  

Welcome to the echo chamber.

In discussions of news media, an echo chamber refers to situations in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition inside a closed system and insulated from rebuttal.[1] By participating in an echo chamber, people are able to seek out information that reinforces their existing views without encountering opposing views, potentially resulting in an unintended exercise in confirmation bias. Echo chambers may increase social and political polarization and extremism.[2]

• Upvote 1

As far as Wilson/Fields go I do not love either but the Jets do need to take a QB. If either stinks it up year one and the Jets are picking in the top 5 then you go QB again. The Jets can’t be afraid of that. If Fields can’t get past his first read or if Wilson can’t take a hit then you go back to the draft immediately. 

Mac Jones probably deserves more of a look too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I want Trey Lance......

Again.......

Trade down a few spots and draft Trey Lance and let him sit!!!!! 

I like him as well but most of his highlights are runs. I would like to see more booted 8 routes and other out routes to the far hash to really evaluate him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

There was also a lot of talk about how his grandfather was the Marlboro man 

Fun fact Wilson's dad also played in college. He had 7 knee surgeries 

Fun fact.  The Marlboro man died of smoking related lung cancer.  Sam Darnold's dream of being an elite NFL QB died by playing QB in the NFL.  Coincidence?

• Haha 2