At least one NFL team has Zach Wilson ranked as the best QB in the draft. Update: Multiple teams not only one!

Jetsbb

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Does the University of Florida even have a math department?

C'mon dude.  UNCW is a beach school and even I get this with ease.  lol.

I assume so, considering they're a top 5 academic public school but I read books about revolutions and wrote essays.  Not that you'd ever tell by my writing and spelling but I didnt take a single math class in college, lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I assume so, considering they're a top 5 academic public school but I read books about revolutions and wrote essays.  Not that you'd ever tell by my writing and spelling but I didnt take a single math class in college, lol

A top 5 academic public school should at least require 1-2 math courses as part of basic studies.  Strange that you never had to.  I had to take an Alg/Trig course for basic studies and then as a Psychology major I had to take Statistics.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A top 5 academic public school should at least require 1-2 math courses as part of basic studies.  Strange that you never had to.  I had to take an Alg/Trig course for basic studies and then as a Psychology major I had to take Statistics.  

UF presumes you’ll learn math tangentially as you’re diverting your college loan funds toward paying for bail and unplanned pregnancies

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Every year, fans/wannabe draftniks cling to something so utterly stupid, it becomes mindless talking points that just get repeated over and over and over again.  In 16 it was level of competition, in 17 it was "MPH" lmfao, in 18 it was "NFL windows", in 19 it was under 6' feet, in 20 it was "system" QB cant translate and blah blah blah blah....

this year, with "processor" by far takes the cake.  It just repeated over and over and over again without any actual reality to the context.  The idea that Zach Wilson playing vs. cones in a clean jersey Flag Football game is some type of high level "processor" is moronic.  And then idea the Justin Fields is a slow processors playing 100x better competition and dropping a 6 bomb vs. Clemson is a slow "processor" is next level mental gymnastics stupidity.  Straight up.  

Just like this concept is restated over and over again - without any real evidence to support it or the fact that all of the three top guys have overwhelmingly dominant teams around them - with OL's and skill-players ridiculously superior to their competition - far more than BYU over their competition.

Yet the Wilson haters - which I've never seen anything like this before - the pure disdain for this kid is overwhelming for no apparent reason other than, almost certainly, being driven by bigotry of him being Mormon.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe because you attended a directional school that was established the year of T0m Shane's birth, you werent afforded some of the same luxuries as superior students who attend prestigious Universities?  idk but at the University of Florida, we could test out of taking certain curriculum that was not aligned or necessary for your degree because we are such so highly focused intellects looking to become subject matter experts.

Luckily for me, the testing facility in which this math test was administered, was compromised.  Lets just say, having endless access to "krypie" in a college town in the late 90's had its advantages. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

II think he QBs taken from 2017 to 2020 have already shown that that little seven-year trend means absolutely nothing.

2017: Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes 

2018: Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson

2019: Murray, Jones, Haskins

2020: Burrow, Tagovailoa, Herbert, Love

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just like this concept is restated over and over again - without any real evidence to support it or the fact that all of the three top guys have overwhelmingly dominant teams around them - with OL's and skill-players ridiculously superior to their competition - far more than BYU over their competition.

Yet the Wilson haters - which I've never seen anything like this before - the pure disdain for this kid is overwhelming for no apparent reason other than, almost certainly, being driven by bigotry of him being Mormon.

You see, you think the "Wilson haters" are irrational.

Or maybe it's exactly the opposite.  Maybe some of us are skeptical and find the overwhelming and unconditional love some people have for him irrational.

I guess we'll know in about 2 years.  Until then it's just a lot of opinion and banter flying around.  But try to acknowledge that neither side of this issue has claim to the high ground of certainty.

And by the way, this has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry.  This has only to do with if I think he is going to be a successful QB in the NFL compared to, Fields, Lawrence and others.  I'm not convinced and I think no rational person should be at this point any more than they should about any other prospect.

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Huh?  There is 100% evidence to support this "concept."  It's apparent on the film.  I've watched almost every snap by snap play of him at this point from 2020.  And in only 1 game, did he face any level of pressure and it was his worst game and they lost to Coastal Carolina.  Most of the time he's working in some of the cleanest pockets I've ever seen playing absolute trash competition.   Whereas, I watched Justin Fields face 4 top 10 teams and 3 top 10 D's this season alone and the only game he lost was the arguably to the best college Football team I've ever seen and he wasnt as near as bad in that game as Wilson was vs. CC.

I couldnt care less what god he prays too.  lol

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

2017: Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes 

2018: Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson

2019: Murray, Jones, Haskins

2020: Burrow, Tagovailoa, Herbert, Love

You're basically proving my point with the unbolded names. What, you expect every first round QB taken to be a hit? Maybe in a fantasy world.

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You see, you think the "Wilson haters" are irrational.

Or maybe it's exactly the opposite.  Maybe some of us are skeptical and find the overwhelming and unconditional love some people have for him irrational.

I guess we'll know in about 2 years.  Until then it's just a lot of opinion and banter flying around.  But try to acknowledge that neither side of this issue has claim to the high ground of certainty.

And by the way, this has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry.  This has only to do with if I think he is going to be a successful QB in the NFL compared to, Fields, Lawrence and others.  I'm not convinced and I think no rational person should be at this point any more than they should about any other prospect.

Skeptical is one thing - that's not what this is.  it's been pure vitriol.  

His religion, he looks like a woman, saying he's lying about his size in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, lying about him not being a captain, calling him out for being on medication...It's just one attack after another with very few having actual football concerns.

Virtually every expert in the space, media, coaches, scouts are all calling this guy a legitimate top 3 prospect yet here he's virtually guaranteed to fail. 

Skeptisism is good, but then be skeptical about Lawrence, Fields and the others as well, any rational person should be.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Huh?  There is 100% evidence to support this "concept.  It's apparent on the film.  I've watched almost every snap by snap play of him at this point from 2020.  And in only 1 game, did he face any level of pressure and it was his worst game and they lost to Coastal Carolina.  Most of the time he's working in some of the cleanest pockets I've ever seen playing absolute trash competition.   Whereas, I watched Justin Fields face 4 top 10 teams and 3 top 10 D's this season alone and the only game he lost was the arguably to the best college Football team I've ever seen and he wasnt as near as in that game as Wilson was vs. CC.

I couldnt care less what god he prays too.  lol

As have I, on both Fields and Wilson and from what I've seen Wilson is by far the better prospect.

It's not about Top Teams - it's about player dominance.  The fact is OSU players are far superior to their competition than BYU's to theirs.  That's incredibly apparent if you actually watched the games (they're all available in full)  Field's receivers were more open and he had more time.  That's was quite clear to me.

Now, you want to say Wilson playing lesser competition means the game is moving faster for Fields than Wilson - sure, I agree with that.  Wilson might take longer to adapt because Fields will have to make less of a jump to the speed of the NFL, but to undermine Wilson because he had time and open receivers is silly if you're not going to say the same for Lawrence and Fields.

Lastly, I'm looking more at skill-set and what will best translate to the NFL, stats or wins or competition aren't even that important from my perspective and what I see from Wilson is a better prospect. 

You seem to be blinded by dislike for Wilson that you can't even acknowledge his skill-set is impressive.  

I like Fields and would be excited if he was JD's choice over Wilson.  I happen to like Wilson better but Fields is an impressive prospect.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

IF all of this is true, Jets are in the cat bird's seat and should have teams lining up to trade. On the flip side, such strong conviction from other teams should make you wonder why the Jets just don't draft Wilson in spite of the inquiries

I'm betting every NFL team this year feels after TL there isn't a QB worth a top 10 pick. 

Different story if you are sitting in the top 10 and take a chance...just don't see anyone trading into the top ten unless its forTL. 

19 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

IF all of this is true, Jets are in the cat bird's seat and should have teams lining up to trade. On the flip side, such strong conviction from other teams should make you wonder why the Jets just don't draft Wilson in spite of the inquiries

The Jets are trading Sam and taking a QB at 2 (or long shot Watson). 

it's just a matter of what they get for him at this point.  

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As have I, on both Fields and Wilson and from what I've seen Wilson is by far the better prospect.

It's not about Top Teams - it's about player dominance.  The fact is OSU players are far superior to their competition than BYU's to theirs.  That's incredibly apparent if you actually watched the games (they're all available in full)  Field's receivers were more open and he had more time.  That's was quite clear to me.

Now, you want to say Wilson playing lesser competition means the game is moving faster for Fields than Wilson - sure, I agree with that.  Wilson might take longer to adapt because Fields will have to make less of a jump to the speed of the NFL, but to undermine Wilson because he had time and open receivers is silly if you're not going to say the same for Lawrence and Fields.

Lastly, I'm looking more at skill-set and what will best translate to the NFL, stats or wins or competition aren't even that important from my perspective and what I see from Wilson is a better prospect. 

You seem to be blinded by dislike for Wilson that you can't even acknowledge his skill-set is impressive.  

I like Fields and would be excited if he was JD's choice over Wilson.  I happen to like Wilson better but Fields is an impressive prospect.

While I disagree about your assessment about them overall, that's not really the point I was making here.  The bold is all I was trying to say.

I dont not have a blind dislike for Wilson.  I just told you've I've watched every snap by snap available on him.  That's not making a blind opinion.  I acknowledge that Wilson has a live arm and can make some jaw dropping throws.  From everything that I've seen, that's pretty much where it ends.  I dont have a crystal ball and cant pretend like I know who is going to be the best of the bunch but if were a betting man, it wouldnt be on Wilson. 

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed, it’s become nauseating.  I posted what people were saying last year about Justin Herbert over in the thread in the draft forum yesterday, it’s eerily similar to the Fields stuff.   People want to see what they want to see and not see what they don’t want to see sometimes.  

You recognize the irony here, right?

You're seeing what you want to see and think anyone else is simply wrong.

I see Wilson clearly going through his progressions faster than Fields.  That's what I've noticed watching their film. 

I think Fields locks onto one receiver and waits until he's open or takes off.   Where Wilson is continually shifting his head, looking off coverage and doesn't look to run but move to find an open receiver.  Not saying Fields doesn't do these things - but it's clear to me that Wilson does a much better job at those things.  Which you can call processing speed.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

While I disagree about your assessment about them overall, that's not really the point I was making here.  The bold is all I was trying to say.

I dont not have a blind dislike for Wilson.  I just told you've I've watched every snap by snap available on him.  That's not making a blind opinion.  I acknowledge that Wilson has a live arm and can make some jaw dropping throws.  From everything that I've seen, that's pretty much where it ends.  I dont have a crystal ball and cant pretend like I know who is going to be the best of the bunch but if were a betting man, it wouldnt be on Wilson. 

I have fears that Wilson will get sacked three times in his first game by dudes that weigh 275 lbs and run a 4.6 and his little trust-fund-baby mind will never recover from finding out that such beings exist

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don't want to go back and forth on this - we'll have to just disagree..

But blinded by dislike is meant to say - in light of very clear evidence (meaning you have actually seen it) you're not allowing yourself to believe it (I didn't say uneducated opinion - you have clearly watched them)

Bottom line, I hope it's Wilson, I honestly believe he's going to be the best pro - but of course I can be wrong and won't be upset with Fields - he can certainly turn out to be the better pro. 

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I could have completely missed you saying this earlier but this is the first time I've seen it.  My apologies if I did miss it before.

This is all I hope to see from everyone on both sides of this holy war.  "I think A, but if the Jets go B, I'm open to it working out".  

I've had to wrestle my own version of this, but ultimately, I know that if Wilson in the pick, I'm going to be completely on board by the time September rolls around. 

Hell, it would be absolutely impossible for either one to have a worse first pass than Sam.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have fears that Wilson will get sacked three times in his first game by dudes that weigh 275 lbs and run a 4.6 and his little trust-fund-baby mind will never recover from finding out that such beings exist

There we go.

Let's add this one to the list....

• Religion (Mormon)
  • Looks like a girl
  • Medication he takes will destroy him
  • Wasn't a captain (lie)
  • He's lying about his the size (Brees and R. Wilson both weigh less - I'm sure there's more but I haven't thought about it - he's 21)
  • Played inferior football (his team was ranked 11th in country, it's not some D2 program or something like that)
  • Now it seems we've added that his family has money to the list. (as if every first round QB in the league doesn't have enough money to be set for life)

The attacks on this kid are out of control. 

Talk about having an agenda - if there's someone in this draft being improperly maligned, it's him.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's definitely a big part of my assessment.  Wilson is a mediocre athlete prepubescent and Fields is a mans man all world athlete. 

Just look at the NFL, it's the manly athletes who happen to play QB that are the future of the NFL; Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, Allen, Wilson, Murrary, Dak, Herbert. All the mediocre goofballs fizz out and lack the balls; Goff, Rosen, Darnold, Tua, Carr, Trubisky, Jones, Lock, etc.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There we go.

Let's add this one to the list....

• Religion (Mormon)
  • Looks like a girl
  • Medication he takes will destroy him
  • Wasn't a captain (lie)
  • He's lying about his the size (Brees and R. Wilson both weigh less - I'm sure there's more but I haven't thought about it - he's 21)
  • Played inferior football (his team was ranked 11th in country, it's not some D2 program or something like that)
  • Now it seems we've added that his family has money to the list. (as if every first round QB in the league doesn't have enough money to be set for life)

The attacks on this kid are out of control. 

Talk about having an agenda - if there's someone in this draft being improperly maligned, it's him.

Kid’s crying in his Porsche as we speak.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't want to go back and forth on this - we'll have to just disagree..

But blinded by dislike is meant to say - in light of very clear evidence (meaning you have actually seen it) you're not allowing yourself to believe it (I didn't say uneducated opinion - you have clearly watched them)

Bottom line, I hope it's Wilson, I honestly believe he's going to be the best pro - but of course I can be wrong and won't be upset with Fields - he can certainly turn out to be the better pro. 

Cool but just because I disagree with what you see watching Wilson, doesnt mean I have blind dislike.  I have no dog in this race.  I have no personal connection with any of these prospects.  Trask played for my alma mater and I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Fields turned down Florida for Georgia.  I'm not sure I hate a team more then I hate the bulldogs and I really wanted to kick Fields squarely in the dick for that decision.  I also have a very strong passionate hate for Ohio St, beating them in both Football and Basketball for a Nat'y in the same year was epic.  I also hate all god fearing creatures equally.  So again, I'm as swiss as swiss can get in this analysis but I dont want Zach Wilson because I've watched his snap by snap stuff and I dont like anything other then his live arm.  I cant imagine that kid having any success vs. the coaches and D's in this division.  In fact, it's frightening.  I think I'd rather keep Darnold. 

❤️

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I could have completely missed you saying this earlier but this is the first time I've seen it.  My apologies if I did miss it before.

This is all I hope to see from everyone on both sides of this holy war.  "I think A, but if the Jets go B, I'm open to it working out".  

I've had to wrestle my own version of this, but ultimately, I know that if Wilson in the pick, I'm going to be completely on board by the time September rolls around. 

Hell, it would be absolutely impossible for either one to have a worse first pass than Sam.  

Yeah, I end up fighting for Wilson.  It's become almost Paternal at this point  :-) (because of some of the irrational attacks) but I know nothing about him - just think he'll be the best pro - that's it.

But it's not to say I don't like Fields - It just happens to be a "which one do you want" debate.  So clearly he gets compared to Fields - and it becomes a Fields v. Wilson argument.

I actually think Fields will be better early, IMO we'll likely win more games in year one with Fields - because he's a much better runner.  Big picture though - I just think Wilson's skill-set aligns perfectly with todays NFL.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Cool but just because I disagree with what you see watching Wilson, doesnt mean I have blind dislike.  I have no dog in this race.  I have no personal connection with any of these prospects.  Trask played for my alma mater and I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole.  Fields turned down Florida for Georgia.  I'm not sure I hate a team more then I hate the bulldogs and I really wanted to kick Fields squarely in the dick for that decision.  I also have a very strong passionate hate for Ohio St, beating them in both Football and Basketball for a Nat'y in the same year was epic.  I also hate all god fearing creatures equally.  So again, I'm as swiss as swiss can get in this analysis but I dont want Zach Wilson because I've watched his snap by snap stuff and I dont like anything other then his live arm.  I cant imagine that kid having any success vs. the coaches and D's in this division.  In fact, it's frightening.  I think I'd rather keep Darnold. 

❤️

You hate UGA more than LSU?  LSU fans seem like such d**kbags.  

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You recognize the irony here, right?

You're seeing what you want to see and think anyone else is simply wrong.

I see Wilson clearly going through his progressions faster than Fields.  That's what I've noticed watching their film. 

I think Fields locks onto one receiver and waits until he's open or takes off.   Where Wilson is continually shifting his head, looking off coverage and doesn't look to run but move to find an open receiver.  Not saying Fields doesn't do these things - but it's clear to me that Wilson does a much better job at those things.  Which you can call processing speed.

GTFOH.  Irony in what?  I haven’t even commented about Wilson and because I may defend Fields somewhat it somehow means I’m anti-Wilson?   You don’t even know what the progressions are, do you have intimate knowledge of OSU’s playbook and know what the reads are?