Report: New 10-year TV Deals Could Be Done “Within A Month”....this could get some teams out of cap hell

Interesting thing I think on the Sunday Ticket thing is that a lot of bars are completely dependent on NFL games providing a significant part of their revenue. Few malls and places where sports bars are have access to cable and satellite is still the best delivery medium. If the new Sunday ticket is only available through the internet for streaming games that could create a lot of issues for bars. Will be interesting to see how they handle that.  Bars would need up to 9 concurrent HD to 4K streams. That is a ton of bandwidth and difficult to manage without lags, spikes and buffering.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GreekJet said:

If a company like Disney or Amazon takes it over from DirecTV I think you would see the illegal streams shutdown as they have manpower to enforce it. I used to be able to stream the UFC pay-per-views illegally and can’t anymore so it can be done. 

It would also be nice to be able to cast the games onto the TV instead of watching on an I-Pad. 

interesting - do you know what happened with the UFC streams?

ideally they give everyone a warning/heads up - and then try to do something that fry's the Ipads/TV/Phones if you stream illegally.  

hopefully that will stop the subsidies the rest of us are handing out to streamers.

i do think they should offer a lower price point 1 team option though.  

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

interesting - do you know what happened with the UFC streams?

ideally they give everyone a warning/heads up - and then try to do something that fry's the Ipads/TV/Phones if you stream illegally.  

hopefully that will stop the subsidies the rest of us are handing out to streamers.

i do think they should offer a lower price point 1 team option though.  

Dana White sends another warning to illegal streamers: “I look forward to the crying and the begging”

UFC President Dana White has sent another ominous warning to those that take part in the piracy and illegal streaming of UFC events.

Earlier this month, White took to Instagram where he vowed to catch and punish illegal streamers.

Speaking to Oscar Willis of TheMacLife ahead of the UFC’s upcoming three-event stint on Fight Island, he once again laid down the law.

“We’ve been one of the leagues that has been so proactive on piracy,” White said. “I love how cool and tough this guys act on social media because let me tell you what, we’ve caught a lot of people. Let me tell you what they do: they cry. They cry and they beg not to be prosecuted and all this other stuff.

“We just overcame a huge hurdle in the piracy world and we’re going to catch some of these guys in 2021 and I look forward to the crying and the begging. We’ll see how tough they are when they get caught,” White continued.  “There’s a guy right now who, literally after I said this thing… So if you go through my Instagram and go through all the comments, there’s a guy saying ‘DM me if you want to get the fight this weekend’. He’s stealing people’s information. People that are DM’ing him, he’s stealing their information. He’s taking your money from your bank and he’s charging your credit card. These guys are ******* scumbag criminals.

“They’re never all going to go away,” White concluded. “They’re going to be out there, and we’re not trying to get rid of all of them. I just want to catch a few. That’s all I’m looking for. You can’t shut the whole thing down, that piracy industry is going to go on forever. Let me catch a few and watch what happens — and I will, oh it’s coming.”

Do you think UFC President Dana White and his team can make a dent in the online piracy industry?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/dana-white-sends-another-warning-to-illegal-streamers-i-look-forward-to-the-crying-and-the-begging/%3famp

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

Actually they are. lol

I don't get the "streams are as good".

When I stream.. Sometimes the stream stops and starts or just stops and I have to restart it or abandon it and find a new one and miss action.   Also, I lose the live TV controls to freeze, rewind and fast forward to avoid the commercials.

You guys don't have those issues?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Believe it or not, I have been a DirectTV, Sunday ticket subscriber since 1997.

I moved out of Brooklyn, to Indiana, in 1996 and had my parents Fedex VHS copies of the games to me every Monday morning.  I avoided the score (which wasn't that hard to do back in 1996) for a few days until I could watch the games.

That lasted about 3 games into the 96 season, then I told my parents not to bother with it.

When we brought in Parcells prior to the 97 season I used my dial-up internet service to look up this "Direct TV" thing I had heard about that allows you to get out of market games.  Signed up (on credit) and had the dish installed (without the knowledge of my landlord) about a week before the season started.

I'd love to see another provider get the package and, most importantly, offer a limited subscription so I could just by the Jets games for a cheaper price. 

I moved away in 91.  Commuted 4 hours each way to the games until 96.  Then watched in bars.

Every single bar was packed on Sundays with all the out-of-towners.  (Servers told me Packers fans were the worst tippers).

Now, not so much.  Streams and Red Zone killed it.

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

When I stream.. Sometimes the stream stops and starts or just stops and I have to restart it or abandon it and find a new one and miss action.   Also, I lose the live TV controls to freeze, rewind and fast forward to avoid the commercials.

Now lets watch like some of us do, flip from one game to another.  Try and get the 5 games I'm watching to stream like network TV.  Or do with out DVR to watch later

Its not close to the same thing

8 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Believe it or not, I have been a DirectTV, Sunday ticket subscriber since 1997.

I moved out of Brooklyn, to Indiana, in 1996 and had my parents Fedex VHS copies of the games to me every Monday morning.  I avoided the score (which wasn't that hard to do back in 1996) for a few days until I could watch the games.

That lasted about 3 games into the 96 season, then I told my parents not to bother with it.

When we brought in Parcells prior to the 97 season I used my dial-up internet service to look up this "Direct TV" thing I had heard about that allows you to get out of market games.  Signed up (on credit) and had the dish installed (without the knowledge of my landlord) about a week before the season started.

I'd love to see another provider get the package and, most importantly, offer a limited subscription so I could just by the Jets games for a cheaper price. 

I had it from 1997 to 2016.

Now I buy the NFL Gamepass for $99 a year.  

You can't watch live, but 5-10 minutes after the game the link is active.

I wasn't really watching many live games anyway.  I was always recording then fast forwarding through the commercials.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, dcJet said:

No, I don't.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Now lets watch like some of us do, flip from one game to another.  Try and get the 5 games I'm watching to stream like network TV.  Or do with out DVR to watch later

Its not close to the same thing

Works for me, and I record without a problem.

I've had Sunday Ticket through Directv for over 20 years and it's the best thing on TV and the reason I subscribe to Directv.

I watch every game every Sunday using the game mix - 8 games at once.  It is fantastic.  7 hours of football without a single commercial and the ability to follow every game. With the Jets sucking for the past 10 years, it's been a lifesaver.  All I can say is that if it switches to another carrier/network, they better make it universally available for those who want to buy it.   None of this BS like Apple TV and HBO max where you can't get it if you don't have the right device or the right TV. I have a 2017 LG and I can't watch either. The apps are  not available on "older" smart tvs.  I will scream bloody murder if the NFL and ESPN make it hard to buy or force me to rig up streaming devices with HDMI cables just to watch it.  Charge me for it and make it available via password on any smart tv or streaming device.  

• Upvote 2

See - here's the BS with ESPN +- how to watch

ESPN+ tab within the ESPN app on Apple, Android, and Amazon Fire devices, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Oculus Go.

Why can't watch it on any other smart tv besides Samsung?  Why give a monopoly to Samsung tvs????  I don't want to hook up a Roku or Amazon fire stick to my smart tv when I got the smart tv to watch pre-downloaded or available streaming apps.

12 hours ago, dcJet said:

I had those issues when I first started streaming 9 years ago.  I still have those issues when I watch free streams illegally

I use both the mlb tv and nba tv apps last couple years and the streams have been flawless and often I’m only using data

• Upvote 1