The New New York Jets

BettyBoop

Just the mention of the name Mr. "Step Behind" Wilson makes me want to retch. Maybe my least favorite Jet EVER - and it takes a lot to get to the top of that list, dating back to my first days as a fan of this team in the late '60's. (The Heidi Bowl is my first concrete memory, 'cause my Dad FLIPPED  OUT! :) )

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Or just take W.Davis-OG and call it a day. I'd be very much satisfied if our O-line in 2021 was Becton, Thuney, McGovern, W.Davis, Fant. 

I'd be fine with that as long as we were drafting a center as well, or I like this line as well Becton, W.Davis, Linsley, McGovern, Fant with Davis or McGovern switching sides.

11 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

The more I ponder the situation the more I am convinced that Kyle Wilson will be our starting QB come September.  Darnold (and #107) will be traded to Indy for #21 and away we go.

Free Agency

I have a feeling that many Jets fans will be disappointed in our free agent signings.  Not because Douglas will be unwilling to sign top tier guys but I just don’t think many of our hopefuls will actually become free agents.  I think Douglas will manage to sign Corey Linsley to play center and move McGovern to RG.  I think the top WR won’t shake loose or perhaps Allen Robinson get $22mm per from someone else.  I think a guy like Kendrick Bourne will be signed.  If we/Douglas luck out, Thuney will be the big name signing.  After that Douglas and Saleh will find a tier 2 DE/Edge.  There aren’t many options at corner so I expect a reclamation project like Garson Conley.

The Draft

• #2 - ZACH Wilson, QB
  • #21 - Azeez Ajulari, LB
  • #23 - Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB
  • #34 - Jalen Mayfield, RT
  • #66 - Michael Carter, RB
  • #86 - D’Wayne Eskridge

Mayfield may be able to replace Fant to save cap $$.  Carter could thrive in this offense.  Ajulari will also thrive in Saleh’s defense.  Eskridge will likely come along slowly but could contribute.  

It doesn’t fill all our holes but it’s light year’s better than 2020.

Didnt you try this before? ??‍♂️

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Assuming you meant Zach...

Taking a QB at 2 - and then following that up with 2 defensive players is a fireable offense.  That would honestly be one of the worst things JD could possibly do.

There is literally no talent on offense and drafting another QB at 2 and then not supporting him would simply be repeating the mistakes from three years ago.  JD and Saleh will be out of a job in three years..

we'll have a new coach and GM (who will undoubtably be a genius) and once again the people on this board will be clamoring for us to take a QB with our top 5 picks and then draft CB's and Edges.

Especially when you acquire an extra #1 from the Darnold trade.  You have to take a WR @ 21 or 23.  Our defense is atrocious so I wouldn’t be against drafting a CB and edge with 21 or 23 & 34.  No need to go OL so early since there is significant depth across the OL in this draft. In fact, if we can indeed get 21 from the Colts, which I sincerely doubt, JD will more than likely trade back somewhere @ 21/23/34 to get an extra pick or 2. 

• Upvote 1