Game Thread: Crusher and JiF renew their vows

On 3/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, Drums said:

Why did you come out voting CTM?

On 3/3/2021 at 3:45 PM, Drums said:

Claiming cop to get someone lynched is madness. However, based on your earlier discourse, I do not think you and 80 are on the same team. 

On 3/3/2021 at 3:50 PM, Drums said:

unvote vote 80

Sorry 80 but this an informative lynch no matter what you flip. If you’re town, Ape is a liar and dies. If you’re scum, I am dead tomorrow. No matter what, we kill scum so it’s a win win. 

post apes claim

this was a pretty quick reversal from gearing up to undermine apes claim followed by ultimately following it and apologizing

smells like the way scum would react, unsure if he should bus or try and make custards last stand and get teh furrball lynched

vote drums

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea what is happening in this game but you should all vote Pac because he sucks at this game. Vote: Pac (he sucks at this game)

Is that a euphemism for sex with crusher? 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not rushing. I encouraging.

See, it's been a long time since I really got into a game - and one observation I've made is that the way it's played isn't like the old days, when the majority of participants did a lot of re-reading, solving of logic puzzles, and there was all-around higher level of gamesmanship. I'm encouraging that.

I've got my hand to play. I want others to play theirs. Town and scum both. Mafia should be for the lulz, as well as the mental gymnastics.

Here’s a logic puzzle for you:

When town, I won’t lie. 
When scum, I will lie. 
When not playing mafia, I only lie to my wife, my employer and to cops. 
I only tell lies about intentions and performance. 
If you’re really a mafia cop; I’m really not lying. 
Either way, I shouldn’t go so fast, and I promise to do better next time. 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We’ve all seen stark role fish. Asking crusher if his vote on 80 was ‘gut’ and interrogating me over my ‘confidence’ in voting 80. 

I can see where asking crush "gut" appears as role fishing. I did not interrogate you I asked a question because you made a comment that made zero sense to make. 

I’d also like to point out that 80 had a pretty persistent list of 3. They were CTM, JC and Spoot.

80 knew JC was town. Why CTM and why Spoot? Now, we know from 10+ years of playing this game, scum typically list their own in their reads list... so?

He also went out of his way to deem Drums as town, simply because of the perceived post restriction. Drums, this would be a good time to tell us about this PR, and if you earned anything from it. We all know you’ve failed to use it consistently. We all know old school in mods use PRs to give gifts.

When I had my PRs there were never "gifts" for staying in character, was told it was only to humor the MOD.

What I’d like, since I’m dead tonight, is for you all to get on record. Perhaps even mass reveal and narrow the pool further. Then, you get the goods.

Unconventional? Damn right. What fun is it to always do the same thing?

my reads are same as they were...

Bum, Drums first 2 choices coming into today... keeping it going Spoot then GS. 

I'm Vanilla Town 

33 minutes ago, Stark said:

I can see where asking crush "gut" appears as role fishing. I did not interrogate you I asked a question because you made a comment that made zero sense to make. 

You are splitting hairs over word choice. Interrogate = asked me over and over why I would have so much confidence, then earnestly talk about being shaky. 

Whatever you want to call it, it’s what you did. You picked up on my ‘confidence’, voted 80, then spent mire energy on me - than him.

29 minutes ago, Stark said:

When I had my PRs there were never "gifts" for staying in character, was told it was only to humor the MOD.

my reads are same as they were...

Bum, Drums first 2 choices coming into today... keeping it going Spoot then GS. 

I'm Vanilla Town 

Pac, JiF, even I have used PRs for players to ‘earn’ things/gifts like 1-time kills.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You are splitting hairs over word choice. Interrogate = asked me over and over why I would have so much confidence, then earnestly talk about being shaky. 

Whatever you want to call it, it’s what you did. You picked up on my ‘confidence’, voted 80, then spent mire energy on me - than him.

quotes below I didn't spend much time on it at all. at this point I didn't know you were the cop

On 3/3/2021 at 7:27 AM, Integrity28 said:

honestly, I was shaky about you as a scum suspect - but, your subsequent play to my pressure has given my case some confidence

actusl confidence, like tells... not all the silly bluster Ive been putting on show for crushlove 

I removed part of this above quote because its not relevant....

On 3/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, Stark said:

this bold is a little weird, why shaky now? or why even mention that?  you just spent 4 pages and 50 posts pounding your chest? 

bold I am referring to is you saying you were shaky.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:18 AM, Integrity28 said:

This is a pingy post. How are you interpreting that as ‘shaky now’?

I was shaky at first, because I voted him after a re-read. Sometimes I get myopic in re-reads in a bad way. I feel much better about it now, as I said, because of his subsequent defense. Pretty clear explanation.

The chest thumping is just showmanship for jif and crusher.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:29 AM, Stark said:

I didn't think you were shaky at all the whole time you were pressing 80. 

then you said this and I am mostly wondering why you would even say that. Now or at any point. 

like I said didn't know you were cop at this point and didn't know why you would add shaky in, almost to give yourself an out. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Stark said:

quotes below I didn't spend much time on it at all. at this point I didn't know you were the cop

I removed part of this above quote because its not relevant....

bold I am referring to is you saying you were shaky.

like I said didn't know you were cop at this point and didn't know why you would add shaky in, almost to give yourself an out. 

This is a good mafia post. 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I want to point out that scum has known since N1 that JC was the doc.

If you go back to D2, after Barry puts 1 vote on JC - there comes a wonderful moment where someone quietly slips another vote onto him. Eventually this person moved his vote over to Pac, but indulge me and go look.

Then, let’s break bread and talk.

You talking about Nolder?

This is a pita on my phone... Too many gifs I guess

On 2/26/2021 at 1:27 PM, Spoot-Face said:

JC being blatantly uncooperative in early game is classic JC. I've tangled with him several times over that behavior, and he was mostly always Town. That's just how he is, and I've learned to ignore him during the early game, for the most part.

At first I was thinking about what Ape said that scum knew Jc was doc and this post came to mind. 

However, i think the odds are WAY higher that scum took a shot at Crusher (because that always happens) and JC protected him. 

Guess who was trying to drive a lynch on Crusher on day 2? Oh yeah, spoot

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

At first I was thinking about what Ape said that scum knew Jc was doc and this post came to mind. 

However, i think the odds are WAY higher that scum took a shot at Crusher (because that always happens) and JC protected him. 

Guess who was trying to drive a lynch on Crusher on day 2? Oh yeah, spoot

lol, you think the odds favor a doc NOT self protecting in N1?

is that so?

11 hours ago, Drums said:

That will take some reading and I don’t have time right now. Jif isn’t around anyway. I don’t see the rush 

running late candace cameron bure GIF by Fuller House

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you think the odds favor a doc NOT self protecting in N1?

is that so?

I guess we will see afterwards. That’s my theory. 

Still thinking about it... As much as Ape believes it, I’m not scum. I went after JC.  Barry went after JC. I went over to pac, yes. Guess who followed me? Oh yeah, Barry. So apparently I am scummy but him doing it is not. Please explain that one for me. 

Did anyone else go after JC? Stark a little bit. Anyone else? I don’t think so. Apparently I am scum so why wouldn’t my scummates support me? Am I the only one left? JC plays scummy, and it could have happened  but it didnt. This theory is garbage. 

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Still thinking about it... As much as Ape believes it, I’m not scum. I went after JC.  Barry went after JC. I went over to pac, yes. Guess who followed me? Oh yeah, Barry. So apparently I am scummy but him doing it is not. Please explain that one for me. 

Did anyone else go after JC? Stark a little bit. Anyone else? I don’t think so. Apparently I am scum so why wouldn’t my scummates support me? Am I the only one left? JC plays scummy, and it could have happened  but it didnt. This theory is garbage. 

Uh, if Barry was alive right now - I’d be applying the same logic to him. He’s not. We know he was town. This is a dumb rebuttal.

40 minutes ago, Drums said:

Aside from Ape and GS, everybody is suspect. We lost too many Town already, the majority of players are scum. 

7 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Aside from Ape and GS, everybody is suspect. We lost too many Town already, the majority of players are scum. 

Why is GS not suspect?

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why is GS not suspect?

Because he is definitely scum. As I said before, it's common to put new players on the scum team. That's where I started in my first game during the ninja turtle game.

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Because he is definitely scum. As I said before, it's common to put new players on the scum team. That's where I started in my first game during the ninja turtle game.

I cannot make sense of this.

If you think he’s definitely scum, then why say he’s not suspect?

Also, roles are decided by random. Just because you started that way, doesn’t = all nee players start that way. This is what we call “gaming the mod”, which is essentially saying X player is scum because it’s what the moderator would do - rather than based on play.

The one take-away I have from this logic/post is that you probably don’t have a scum team correcting you from saying stuff like this.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

This was a solid observation by Drums nearing the lynch.  This combined with his apparent Post Restriction means I likely won't be voting Drums tomorrow.  

This post says alot.